Jirachi's Moveset?

Pineapple X

former local demigod
Herpaderphello there. xD I was wondering, what kind of a moveset I should get for my Jirachi in my Black 2.

Spr_3e_385.gif

Jirachi, Level 100
EVs: 252 SpD, 252 SpA, 6 HP

So what do you suggest? I'm new to competitive battling, would liek dem pro answers. xD Nah, just kidding, tell me what you think no matter how pro or not pro you are.

Uralya

*ponders everything*
The only Jirachi set I can name that runs your given EV spread is Superachi! (Offensive Calm Mind).

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic / Flash Cannon
- Grass Knot / Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power Fire

That's the most straightforward set for it unless you run Special Choice Scarf (not advised, honestly). I hope you have a Timid nature, or else the set may have to be restructured.

~AoH

Uralya

*ponders everything*
It's a pleasure to help. Already being Timid - yeah, I think that was a godsend. While you can "keep that in mind," in competitive play, I believe that is the only standard Jirachi set with those EVs and nature (at least on Smogon). If you come up with something original though, I'd sure like to see it. Jirachi can do a lot of things with its solid-100 base stats.

Note: If you can't get Hidden Power Fire (go to Mistralton in BW1 or the PWT in BW2 to check Hidden Powers iirc), having Psychic/Thunder(bolt)/Flash Cannon/Calm Mind is the next best thing imo.

~AoH

PDC

The PDC Show comes to an abrupt end...
Don't just go ahead and slap a SuperRachi on your team. SuperRachi is a hit or miss set. It can't be put on "any team." Put it on a team with something that struggles with Hippowdon, Ferrothorn, Landorus-T, Garchomp, or Landorus-I. You should probably put a Shuca Berry on that set specifically. That Jirachi can also work as a SubCM possibly, but SuperRachi is probably the best route to take.

J

Juliacoolo

I don't really like the special Jirachi set. It is nice for rain teams, but I think its true potential is in the classic scarf set.

With proper team support, Iron Head jirachi is an absolute monster.

Pineapple X

former local demigod
It is Special Defense, thanks for pointing that out. ;D

Any not-already-in-Smogon setups for Jira? xD

Uralya

*ponders everything*
253 SAtk, 252 SDef . . . You kinda screwed yourself there. That's never an optimum EV spread for any Pokémon. Is it possible that you can EV-train it again? At least then you'll have access to more moveset choices.

~AoH

Pineapple X

former local demigod
AoH said:
253 SAtk, 252 SDef . . . You kinda screwed yourself there. That's never an optimum EV spread for any Pokémon. Is it possible that you can EV-train it again? At least then you'll have access to more moveset choices.

~AoH

It was just actually the main one I thought of, but I haven't started training yet. What do you think the best setup with any EVs would be?

Uralya

*ponders everything*
It all depends on what you want Jirachi's role to be. No EV spread for it is all-purpose. Offensive, defensive, support, etc. Once you decide, I can give you a spread.

~AoH

Pineapple X

former local demigod
My team is kinda missing an offensive Pokémon, now that you mention roles. Yeah, I guess an offensive Jirachi is what I'm looking for.

Uralya

*ponders everything*
Okay. I'll give you some on-site Smogon options.

Physically offensive:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn / Fire Punch
- Trick

Specially offensive:

The Superachi set I mentioned earlier

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Subsitute
- Psyshock / Flash Cannon (possibly Water Pulse if it's a rain team)
- Thunderbolt (Thunder if it's a rain team)
- Calm Mind

Mixed offensive:

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
EVs: 152 Atk / 200 SAtk / 156 Spe
Naïve Nature (+Spe, -SDef)
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch / Ice Punch
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire
- Thunderbolt / Energy Ball

Look on Smogon's site for more info regarding moveset choices and such. If you want any more help/etc., just drop me a Profile Comment.

~AoH