Jirachi Roaring Skies

My Little Keldeo

Submarine Reflection!
Advanced Member
Jirachi-Roaring-Skies-42.jpg

I was playing around with this card in a prerelease today to some interesting and semi-impressive results. It got me thinking. Doom Desire is a potentially deadly attack. Not only does it instantly KO, but it does so at the end of your opponent's turn, meaning they will have to replace their active before your turn begins. Of course this can be nullified if your opponent retreats / uses Switch / Rush In / whatever. Dralgalge FLF could serve as a possible answer, in conjunction with Hypnotoxic Laser. Silent Lab would be your stadium of choice to block Keldeo's Rush in and Virizion's Verdant Wind. Switch is still a problem, but the chance that your opponent can play one every turn is low. Bronzong would allow for energy acceleration, since Doom Desire does require two energy that must be discarded.

All in all, I don't know if Jirachi could actually be competitive, but I can see some potential. If nothing else, it would make a nice "for fun" deck. I'm not saying this would be any better or worse than current Metal decks, and I'm afraid it could get a little clunky as well.

How would you propose to consistently get 2 metal onto Jirachi each turn? I mean, yes, with bronzong you can get 2 on easily...but how would you switch out the active? You can play down a metal for the 1 retreat cost, but that can't go on forever. And with silent lab in play Keldeo is out of the question. Would you just run float stone for switching into other benched Jirachis?

I was thinking the same thing Elbow mentioned. The Silent Lab hurts and helps you at the same time. I think that just running a high count of float stones would be benificial because like Elbow said it will be difficult to get everything needed to metal links twice, and then attache and retreat.

Float Stone on Bronzong is what I was thinking. The idea is that you can reasonably expect Jirachi to be Koed since it's so fragile, but against an EX heavy deck you should win the prize trade. If Jirachi does manage to survive a turn, then yes you can \manually attach an energy to retreat or put a Float Stone on it. I can't think of any other tools working in this, since Hard Charm would effectively give Jirachi a whooping 90 HP, and Rescue Scarf is out of rotation unless you're playing Expanded.

I think this deck needs to be though out in a format where Float Stone won't be existent. What would you do when Float Stone rotates? The manual attachment can work for a little bit, but only an energy retrieval + manual attachment would be consistent enough in that regard.

I'm honestly looking more at that first attack. Metal Decks are suddenly becoming a lot faster because they can grab any card from the top 7 of the deck - a 3/3 line of Bronzongs gives you a lot of options, or maybe that last Metal Energy needed for Dialga EX, or even a Battle Compressor to accelerate faster.

The second attack seems like an escape button; it's there if you need to somehow force your opponent out of attacking, which when Float Stone rotates, that becomes a much more sinister premise.

Back