• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Jasmine's Anti-Fire Steel Team UNB

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Overview:

After watching videos on how dominant Charizard Reshiram and Sylveon Gardevoir are going to be dominant in the Unbroken Broken. It had me worried so I was thinking of ways to counter them both. Randomly Bronzong came into mind being able to %100 stop these fire decks from attacking. With that said here is the deck.

Deckilist:

Pokémon (14)
3 Lucario & Melmetal TTGX (UNB)
3 Bronzong (TEU)
3 Bronzor (TEU)
2 Dusk-Mane Necrozma (SM Promo 107)
1 Larvitar (LOT 115/214)
2 Jirachi (TEU)

Trainer Cards (35)
4 Jasmine
3 Lillie
4 Cynthia
3 Guzma
1 Erika's Hospitality
2 Acerola
1 Lt Surge's Strategy
3 Nest Ball
4 Ultra Ball

2 Escape Board
3 Metal Frying pan
1 Choice Band
1 Adventure Bag

2 Unmanned Power Plant
1 Mt Cornet

Energy Cards (11)
4 Double Colorless Energy
7 Metal Energy

Description:

This deck requires alot of explaining towards matchups so i'll give a brief description of how each match up should go against the top Decks. Ideally you always want to go Second to get that GX attack off ASAP, Jasmine to search out your steel pokemon, and Bronzor to evolve to Bronzong.

Vs any fire deck- Fish for those Jasmine as best as you can so that you can evolve bronzor into bronzong. It's an auto win vs the fire decks when you immediately set up 2 Bronzong. Charizard and Reshiram can use its GX attack to bypass Bronzong's ability but that's all it gets to stop 1. Some Blacephelon Decks may tech in one Ultra Forest Kartenvoy but even that may be rare lol

Vs Gardevoir and Sylveon- Using a steel deck, Just go to work with Lucario and Melmetal and attack!

Vs Zoroak variations- This one may be tricky depending on the direction Zoroak decides to go. Unmanned Power Plant shuts them down quickly and can ruin the entire archetype. But I'm sure alot of decks will be using it as well and they will adapt. The GX attack from Lucario Melmetal + Metal Frying Pan will reduce damage preventing it from doing much.

Vs Pikarom- Larvitar is the answer, however it's quite tricky as well. Because it needs to be damaged first and then Larvitar can KO with Choice band. Honestly I would like a different answer to Pikarom because that seems too awkward for an immediate retaliation. I was thinking of the new Crabominable but that would be even more awkward because they would need two more pokemon in play than you, and Pikarom decks don't fill up their bench as much. If anyone has a better answer or some things to tweak around I'm all ears for it.

Vs Honchkrow- While this isn't a huge top tier deck, it's being hyped up, and its not a big threat either. You're bulky enough to take hits from Honchkrow. It's attack only does 30 damage after GX+Metal Frying Pan.

Tech Options:

Cobalion GX- %100 will shut down Muk TTGX but that deck probably won't see much play, but if you are worried there you go. Also allows you to beat Venusaur Celebi alot easier by taking little damage from pollen hazard.

Tapu Lele GX- I want to avoid this because I don't want a simple two prize attacker sitting on my bench. Although it would be a huge consistent boost for finding Jasmine turn 1 for those certain match ups.

Pokegear 3.0- I want this in my deck and I want to find room for it so if anyone can help with that it'll be great!!

Something better to retaliate towards Pikarom. It's really fast to set up, so I want a DCE fighting attacker to be able to retaliate.

Last edited:

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Marshadow GX can use a DCE to copy other stuff. The absolutely never played stantler does 80 for a DCE with a tool attached, so with a choice band on marshadow could hit 220... which is almost enough. If you played a counter gain, it could copy oranguru for 240 assuming pikarom has 3 energy attached. If they only have 2 due to thunder mountain, you only hit 200. Honestly though I think pinging pikarom with dusk shot or steel fist, followed by larvitar is unfortunately the least awkward thing here, unless you get into using counter energy, counter gain, etc. If you played both, calm strike zygarde gets the KO... and probably other stuff would work too though I can't think of it.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
How would you handle Zapdos? I feel like that would be challenging, as before you have 4 energy on L&MM it's not going to do well (as it won't be able to KO the Zapdos, and choice band counters the 30, so 3 hits with one electropower is enough for a KO) and if you do have the 4 energy then they can bring Tapu Koko in (50x energy on your Pokémon damage). You'll get there eventually but it feels like Zapdos will be able to trade KOs a bit faster.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Marshadow GX can use a DCE to copy other stuff. The absolutely never played stantler does 80 for a DCE with a tool attached, so with a choice band on marshadow could hit 220... which is almost enough. If you played a counter gain, it could copy oranguru for 240 assuming pikarom has 3 energy attached. If they only have 2 due to thunder mountain, you only hit 200. Honestly though I think pinging pikarom with dusk shot or steel fist, followed by larvitar is unfortunately the least awkward thing here, unless you get into using counter energy, counter gain, etc. If you played both, calm strike zygarde gets the KO... and probably other stuff would work too though I can't think of it.

Marshadow-GX is a good idea if I can find something that can be used with it.

How would you handle Zapdos? I feel like that would be challenging, as before you have 4 energy on L&MM it's not going to do well (as it won't be able to KO the Zapdos, and choice band counters the 30, so 3 hits with one electropower is enough for a KO) and if you do have the 4 energy then they can bring Tapu Koko in (50x energy on your Pokémon damage). You'll get there eventually but it feels like Zapdos will be able to trade KOs a bit faster.

Acerola. It is a low damaging pokemon. With GX+ Metal Frying Pan it's doing a reduced 20 damage. Zapdos would need Choice Band + Electropower just to get back up a base 80 damage. Which is not even a 3HKO lol Tapu Koko GX is inevitable. It's getting that OHKO and turning the tables around. When the set comes out and playing against Zapdos I'll have to see how that goes. :)

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Some thoughts I had while looking at this deck. I'm going to get rid of the metal frying pans for metal goggles. If I'm up against a fire deck I want to get my bronzong set up asap. So no need for metal frying pan on my other pokemon. Metal goggles can help me out in those random match ups that like to place damage counters.

Teching in Melmetal GX or baby melmetal. Those would help improve the Zapdos match up tremendously. (All of the stats are based on GX+Metal goggles for both Melmetals) With the Melmetal GX, Zapdos can't damage it with item buffs which only allow it to do small damage. With baby melmetal, Zapdos does 20 damage and baby melmetal can use the bronzong family to heal off the damage. Koko GX will only do 140 damage(Assuming you have all of your energy attached to baby Melmetal).without a damage boost it loses the KO. Those are some thoughts.

Forgoing the Jirachi for Pokegear 3.0. This will free 5 open slots(-1 Adventure bag) Meaning I might have a stronger chance to dig into the Jasmine. Also I'm not a quick KO and get KOed back deck. It's a slow deck. I believe I will use Jirachi every few turns or so, but not often enough to get the full value out of having them in my deck

Thoughts?