Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

Weird attack especially that you can only use it when you're about to win anyways, but I still LOVE that they're making original and fun attacks, keep it up people !

it would be extremely playable if it was when your opponent has one left but sadly it has to be you

Tha way it would be extremely OP

Ok I have 3 things to say about this card even thou it's not the best card ever :

1- I love that they're doing more original attacks, bravo !
2- It's really good to see pokemon we haven't seen for a while like this one !!
3- OMG the artwork fits the attack and pokemon perfectly !!

I love this slowbro so much. Ill probably going to build a fun deck with it just because that thing is so freaking awesome!

Alright, so, assuming that we won't be seeing a Slowbro BREAK (not a 100% given, but probably likely), let's take a look at some possibilities, shall we? Slowbro is 014 and Gyarados-EX is 018, so there's 3 spaces in between, and a limited number of which Pokémon could fill those spaces. Almost all of the Water-type Pokémon in between Slowbro and Gyarados are 1 Stage evolutions: Seel/Dewgong, Shellder/Cloyster, Krabby/Kingler, (Horsea/Seadra, if Kingdra is a Dragon-type), Goldeen/Seaking, Staryu/Starmie.

So, here's what could fill those 3 spaces:
1) A Water-type Slowking followed by a Basic/Stage-1 Evolution line.
2) A Basic/Stage-1 Evolution line with a BREAK Pokémon for the Stage 1.
3) A Basic/Stage-1 Evolution line with no BREAK but a Magikarp, even though Gyarados is an EX in this version.
4) A Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra Evolution line with Kingdra as a Water-type.
5) ???

I might be missing something, but those are the 3 4 I thought up, and they're arranged roughly in the order of what I think would be most likely to least likely.

EDIT: Thanks to Metalizard for reminding me about Slowking. I actually considered that a possibility when first theory-crafting the post and forgot about it somewhere down the line. I've since added Slowking back in as the 1 spot (since I think it's the most likely) and bumped everything else down.

Last edited:
I don't like game ending effects on cards in general. Just seems as if all the hard work in the game was for nothing. Since most decks are purely EX, this wont work but I fear that when the meta does shift, this could be a problem.
It's funny how an unprecedented effect comes out of a non-EX which proves the cliche of EXs being OP is false.

Interesting copying attack. 90 HP means it's Level Ball Searchable but it doesn't evolve into anything I'm pretty sure of it.

It can take advantage of being Fighting type so the usual perks such as Strong Energy apply and it can hit for Weakness on Mega Manectric. I like that Sudowoodo's Weakness is Water finally. TPCi has listened to me.

I love this slowbro so much. Ill probably going to build a fun deck with it just because that thing is so freaking awesome!
Whoa, whoa, whoa! You need to actually take your 5 other prizes first for it to work. Personally I think Slowbro is bad, but maybe I could be proven wrong. It's certainly interesting at the very least.

Alright, so, assuming that we won't be seeing a Slowbro BREAK (not a 100% given, but probably likely), let's take a look at some possibilities, shall we? Slowbro is 014 and Gyarados-EX is 018, so there's 3 spaces in between, and a limited number of which Pokémon could fill those spaces. Almost all of the Water-type Pokémon in between Slowbro and Gyarados are 1 Stage evolutions: Seel/Dewgong, Shellder/Cloyster, Krabby/Kingler, (Horsea/Seadra, if Kingdra is a Dragon-type), Goldeen/Seaking, Staryu/Starmie.

So, here's what could fill those 3 spaces:
1) A Basic/Stage-1 Evolution line with a BREAK Pokémon for the Stage 1.
2) A Basic/Stage-1 Evolution line with no BREAK but a Magikarp, even though Gyarados is an EX in this version.
3) A Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra Evolution line with Kingdra as a Water-type.
4) ???

I might be missing something, but those are the 3 I thought up, and they're arranged roughly in the order of what I think would be most likely to least likely.

Slowking.
Although, their latest trend is making Slowpoke and Slowbro Water-types, while Slowking goes for the Psychic-type team... Still, it's either Slowking and one of those Stage 1 lines or Slowking is Psychic and the stage 1 line has a BREAK, though I doubt it. It could also be a Horsea line with a Water-type Kingdra, but personally, I'm betting on Seel/Dewgong or Shellder/Cloyster since those are the lines we haven't seen for the longest time, specially Dewgong (which I think is the more likely choice).

In other news, I guess there won't be many Fire-types in this set...

Slowking.
Although, their latest trend is making Slowpoke and Slowbro Water-types, while Slowking goes for the Psychic-type team... Still, it's either Slowking and one of those Stage 1 lines or Slowking is Psychic and the stage 1 line has a BREAK, though I doubt it. It could also be a Horsea line with a Water-type Kingdra, but personally, I'm betting on Seel/Dewgong or Shellder/Cloyster since those are the lines we haven't seen for the longest time, specially Dewgong (which I think is the more likely choice).

In other news, I guess there won't be many Fire-types in this set...

Hah! I actually did think about that when I was first theory-crafting the post, but then I forgot to include it when I actually started making it. :p Thanks for the reminder! I'll edit that in.

hey hoopa wasnt even out yet when they made hoopa ex and also every pokemon fan probably already knows about volcanion so hes not secret anymore

Hoopa was officially announced in February and was in tonnes of promotional material for the movie. Hoopa's Unbound forme was formally revealed in May. It's first TCG appearance as Hoopa-EX was that June.

So, yes, Hoopa was out before it had a card made.

Here's the fun thing about Sudowoodo; you can revenge kill your opponent's stuff by imitating Emerald Break. With enough pre-planning, a few Strong Energies and a Muscle Band, you can one-shot M-Ray. With a rock.

ya but volcanion is not secret anymore, so therefore they should make a card for him.

by around rise of the psychic kings they should make an ex for him
It is far too early to be seeing Volcanion in any sort of TCG form.

ya but volcanion is not secret anymore, so therefore they should make a card for him.

by around rise of the psychic kings they should make an ex for him

As far as Pokémon/Game Freak is concerned, he is still secret. The fact that people have hacked the game to find him is irrelevant. Until he is formally revealed through official channels, he will not see a TCG card.

Back