Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
@Otaku
I understand your concerns, To be honest I'm not excited about Manaphy EX in the slightest, I rarely play water decks. I dot like to discus about upcoming cards and create different kind of views.

...Perhaps I should play Mega-Latios EX with target Whistle, doesn't sound that bad now I think about it.

Otaku

The wise fool?
@Otaku
I understand your concerns, To be honest I'm not excited about Manaphy EX in the slightest, I rarely play water decks. I dot like to discus about upcoming cards and create different kind of views.

...Perhaps I should play Mega-Latios EX with target Whistle, doesn't sound that bad now I think about it.

I do understand that; frankly what I enjoy most about the Pokémon TCG is discussing tactics, analyzing cards and then writing about it all. ;)

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Hmmm...Creativity is becoming a bit absurd in the pokemon world. I think we should get a pool together to see if by the end of 2016 worlds Virbank and Laser will be reprinted. It's starting to feel like a bad inside joke I'm not aware of where everything is trapped in the twilight zone.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Witness Honedge's notorius "The Sword and the Stone" lure, waiting to drain someone's life force who is so egotistical enough to believe in it. v_v

raw19

The Trapmaster
I find myself....disappointed by these new cards. None of them entice me to play them or seem really interesting at all.

Thems the breaks i guess.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Oh... wow. What broken Tool support (or Tool counters D: ) do they have in this set? Between Garbodor, Suicune and things like the Burst Balloon that will be scary if unable to be removed in some way... there is a lot of hints being dropped in regards to tools.

Purrloin

"If this card is attached to a Pokemon, at the end of your opponent’s turn, discard this card."

Does it mean at the end of your opponent's next turn, or at the end of a turn that involves this Pokemon taking damage? Because it sounds like you can just avoid attacking that particular Pokemon (maybe Lysandre up a different one) and they'll lose it either way.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
"If this card is attached to a Pokemon, at the end of your opponent’s turn, discard this card."

Does it mean at the end of your opponent's next turn, or at the end of a turn that involves this Pokemon taking damage? Because it sounds like you can just avoid attacking that particular Pokemon (maybe Lysandre up a different one) and they'll lose it either way.
Yes, if the opponent uses Lysandre, you will lose Burst Balloon at the end of his turn, but you force him to waste a Lysandre, if he has one in his hand.

Last edited:

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Is that really how Burst Balloon works? Wouldn't it be logical to discard this card when your pokémon is damaged by an opponent's pokemon attack? Now it just bursts without reason... It wouldn't be very good either, when you receive this card in the first few turns it would be useless. Either you discard it, or attach it to be thrown away the next turn.

GinjaNinja72

Rawr. You're Scared.
If you didn't have to put it in your discard pile as soon as it's job was done, it would probably be banned. Quite an overpowered trainer card, on the other hand!