Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

Ya know, they just can't handle making a power creep every single set now can they?

They have to keep kicking us back into the B&W Format we OH SO LOVE (That was sarcasm) and saying "We're doing good."

With League Support getting worse and the sets becoming more money driven, I'm starting to wonder if they even want to fix the TCG anymore. One set they have a temporary re-balance, the next set they're breaking things again (no pun intended).

They favor item/tool/stadium lock so much that it's making people quit the game, and those who stay - Opt for the more expensive decks that can withstand changes for a few months before they get throttled out of playability. We don't need cards like this, the TCG needs an extremely hard reset button right now.

Ya know, they just can't handle making a power creep every single set now can they?

They have to keep kicking us back into the B&W Format we OH SO LOVE (That was sarcasm) and saying "We're doing good."

With League Support getting worse and the sets becoming more money driven, I'm starting to wonder if they even want to fix the TCG anymore. One set they have a temporary re-balance, the next set they're breaking things again (no pun intended).

They favor item/tool/stadium lock so much that it's making people quit the game, and those who stay - Opt for the more expensive decks that can withstand changes for a few months before they get throttled out of playability. We don't need cards like this, the TCG needs an extremely hard reset button right now.
This is the reason I'm not playing the game right now. Its just not fun. I don't like playing against lock decks. People also seem to forget that Toad EX and Garbodor was a deck in the last format. I'm waiting for the day I can play a interesting deck.

Sigh... This card basically drained all the excitement out of this set. If only they made a card with an ability that literally protected all your pokemon's abilities from being locked. Sadly, I don't see it happening...

Did everyone forget that this card already existed in last season's standard format alongside cards like Shaymin-EX, Wobbuffet, Silent Lab and more? Those cards weren't useless then; why would a Garbotoxin reprint make them useless now?

I agree people seem to for get its ablity was here last year but, garbodor wasn't to big of a threat with tool scraper in the format, but now that's gone the only thing we have to counter it is startling mega phone and Xerosic, the funny thing about those cards is that garbodor will out last them and if they don't reprint startling mega phone then garbodor will live on and be feared. Speaking of last years format if pokemon wants to reprint BW cards. Why not just make standard BW on and make expanded with the older sets.

Absolutelly don't understand that, why if they made this Garbodor with the same Ability, HP & Retreat Cost as the older one Garbotoxin from Dragons Exalted and from Plasma Freeze, why they don't made the same attack because now is not the same garbodor and we now forever lost this card (it was pretty awesome in my opinion) Shiny Garbodor from PLF, that's very pity. :(:(:(

Not just the return of Garbotoxin, but with float stone as well. Garbodor was a bit different without float stone in format. He was liable to be stuck in the active and decks running him had to plan accordingly. So it's bad enough we are getting a reprint, it's even more lame it's going to have the exact same tool of choice.

Really am disappointed to see that they felt this card needed to be reprinted.

I know it's not technically a 'reprint' , but I'm calling this a reprint because in 99.99% of the time the difference won't come into effect.

You cant play solo Seismitoad anymore because 30/50 a turn just doesnt cut it.

Funny, that is basically what I said.

People have been predicting that Seismitoad-EX was done for possibly as soon as Lysandre's Trump Card was banned, and then by rotation and... yeah, still run into it quite a bit in Standard or Expanded. Played differently, but still there.

Emphasis added.

Seismitoad nowadays is just used as a slowing device to give you more time to setup your real threats.

You say that like it somehow means using Seismitoad-EX doesn't count as using Seismitoad-EX.

Not to mention Vespiquen and Sceptile are very real decks atm and completely poop on Toad.

This is a point worth discussing; Grass Weakness has always been a problem for Seismitoad-EX, somewhat mitigated by the nature of the "good" Grass-Type attackers; until recently Seismitoad-EX would use some additional form of denial to just keep up the agonizingly slow defeat. With Seismitoad-EX decks changing, while you are less likely to sit there lamenting how your Genesect-EX or Virizion-EX isn't going to ever get the chance to power up and attack, like we both said Seismitoad-EX has new playmates. Having to change out an attacker to avoid Weakness, even when it means shifting focus for a strategy is a pretty basic tactic.

Basically it is no longer the endless one sided item lock from turn one we love to hate, you expect to at some point let go of the lock to start dealing some damage but when you do that you expose the Garbodor to Megaphones / Seeker for Xerosic etc.

Again, you say that like it means something. An opponent able to maintain the lock until they have a significant lead and their next attacker is ready is not this huge relief; while better than facing such a lock the entire time, does it really matter if your opponent waits until his or her next attacker is ready to go, promotes them, and by the time you get a second turn with Items to try and set up your counter offensive, you're down 1-3 Prizes? Of course sometimes you're down more than that and your opponent only changes out to push for the win.

while they're revisiting BW stuff can we have SR shinies again? I know we've had and are getting shinies and they're kind of awesome but i'd like them to do that thing again with the non EX cards. Like for XY10 they could do the Chesnaught, Delphox and Greninja from xy base, then they could do some others as well depending on what past/future cards they pick for secret rare shinies

Watch XY10 feature secret rare reprints of Virbank and Hypnotoxic Laser :cool:

If it wasn't for HTL being a Team Plasma card, I would actually be concerned about a reprint.

I could see them printing an item card that says: "Your opponent's active Pokemon is now burned."

we need more steel and less psychic since every set gets almost no steel but tons of psychic
Still, psychic lacks an archetype and decent support. Steel has everything already, 2 sweeper Pokemon (Dialga and MAggron), energy acceleration, great support Pokemon and attackers, EXLock, Special Energy Lock... I should also remind you that heavy ball is reprinted. (= free Aegislash and Tyrantrum EX, as well as bronzong)

:)

kawayoo has been on point with his art recently. Really happy to see anything from him nowadays.

Back