Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Gother

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, good news: Weavile's ability allows you to switch Pokemon tools attached to your Pokemon to one of your tools in hand as much as you like in your turn. So we might see Mega Pokemons arising this season (Mega Houndoom + muscle band, etc).

This set is really interesting. I liked it a lot and IMO Steam Siege >>>>> Fates Collide.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
So far, from my count, Steam Siege has all the cards from these sub-sets plus Talonflame BREAK and Captivating Poképuff. It may also have the Professor Sycamore promo FA but ONLY if Ninja Boy doesn't have a FA, unlike Pokémon Ranger...

FireMeowth

filthy shipping trash
Volcarona's BLAZING SCALES attack... can't cause Burns.

They're literally just trolling at this point, aren't they?

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Is that... Ken Sugimori art?
:)
I love this set, I am going to play around with Samurott a little, I like it's first attack. Also, Infernape doing 200 damage? I need translations of the Hydriegon right now, I must know what it does!

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
omfg focus energy mankey works with ninja boy
Focus Energy: During your next turn, this Pokemon’s Jump About attack does 50 damage.

I don't think Ninja Boy can pass this effect, since it expressly says this Pokemon’s Jump About attack.

simsands

Half raccoon, half chipmunk
Focus Energy: During your next turn, this Pokemon’s Jump About attack does 50 damage.

I don't think Ninja Boy can pass this effect, since it expressly says this Pokemon’s Jump About attack.

Sure it can. Just switch it with another Mankey!

Buyo

Aspiring Trainer
Woah, did that Spiritomb just singlehandedly make Yveltal BREAK way more viable? This is super exciting! Ninja boy will be super neat with it to conserve energy between it and Yveltal

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
I believe the true abomination here is Yanmega... An energy free attack of hundred that can go through EVERYTHING

Giant Plant Forest + Judge + Revitalizer

bugcatlcherRiley

BugCatcherRiley
I believe the true abomination here is Yanmega... An energy free attack of hundred that can go through EVERYTHING

Giant Plant Forest + Judge + Revitalizer

+head ringer (for extra damage on ex via the base yanmega)
+Ariados (poison for extra damage)
+foretress...more damage
The last 2 might make it too clunky... But could be fun.

However, with the ability to manage your hand with instant drops like maintnence, puzzle of time, shaymin then drop 2? and even the new foongus card that gets you up to 3 ball cards.... This deck could be quite scary, and stupid fast. I'm really excited. Especially with so much being weak to grass, you really make them watch their tool drops, and even then get a garunteed 100... Awesome.
EDIT: I horribly misread foongus' ability... 3 POKE ball cards... I thought it was 3 of any ball card... Still could work in theory... If you don't mind running pokeballs.. Lololol

Last edited:

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer
Meh, as a collector I don't like this set at all :( Steelix EX FA might literally be the only card I want from this set (unless they mess up the art).

I can only hope that the fact they make less EXes is because we will get a new kind of ultra rare (with full art) in the first Sun/moon set ;__; I hate the BREAKs (from a design point) and don't collect them at all.. The dual types doesn't look good either..

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

Actually, I believe it does. There was a rule a few years ago explaining this type of situation. Cards used to say the pokémon's name instead of "this pokémon". They started using the term "this pokémon" because these type of effects do pass to the new pokémon. The attack refers to the pokémon on which the effect is active and ninja boy passes effects, therefore, "this pokémon" will be the new pokémon you switched Mankey for.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Actually, I believe it does. There was a rule a few years ago explaining this type of situation. Cards used to say the pokémon's name instead of "this pokémon". They started using the term "this pokémon" because these type of effects do pass to the new pokémon. The attack refers to the pokémon on which the effect is active and ninja boy passes effects, therefore, "this pokémon" will be the new pokémon you switched Mankey for.
Yes, but the effect specifically says that only the attack Jump About is boosted. So, if you switch for another Mankey is ok, but not for other Pokémon cards. The effect boosts only Jump About attack, not every attack. It does not say " the next turn every attack from this Pokémon do 50 more damage", so Ninja Boy will not pass the boost for other attacks.

EDIT: the text says that, next turn, Jump About does 50 damage, not +50 damage. It's 50 instead of 10, so it's not even a real boost. If you use Ninja Boy to another Pokémon who's not Mankey, which attack inflicts 50 instead of its original damage? No, guys, really... Ninja Boy won't work unless you don't switch between Mankeys, and I don't know why one would switch between them, lol.

Last edited: