Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Hydrocrush

Aspiring Trainer
mega steelix BREAK EX

btw carbink can put 2 DCE on him so playable also excadrill devolution spray ninja boy = 1 steel 4 shield energies

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
This card is pretty good. I say enough of all the low energy nuke cards but this is pretty much what I expected from Steelix. Its not a fast Pokemon so 5 energy attack makes sense for it.

Cant wait for my shiny m/Pidgeot EX full art cards!

Purrloin

Hopefully the return of Bastiodon and Armaldo signals the coming return of Rampardos, Carracosta, Archeops, and Cradily in the coming sets as well! ;)

Tiusam

Aspiring Trainer
Galvantula Translation

First ATK: Choose 2 Benched opponents Pokemon, 30 damage to each. Don't apply weak and resist.

Second ATK: Can't read. Some kind of ElekNet something...

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Also besides Infernape, Druddigon also looks like a powerhouse. A 120 HP basic Pokémon that can do 100 damage for a Double Dragon and 1 more (C) energy, plus it has some kind of side effect.

Clear

Birb is the Word
Galvantula Translation

First ATK: Choose 2 Benched opponents Pokemon, 30 damage to each. Don't apply weak and resist.

Second ATK: Can't read. Some kind of ElekNet something...

Probably the same Eletroweb from the actual games, looks like opponent cannot retreat next turn.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Nice to see the return of some pokémon like the Shellos line, Shieldon line and Anorith line (unfortunaly, no Cranidos/Rampardos)...

Mega Steelix looks awesome, but kinda terrible to play...

Things I called right about this set:
-No Nidoqueen
-dual-type Volcarona
-Klink line
-2 starter families
-Druddigon being the only Dragon card in one of the sets (it's easy to fit that one in a set so they can still say they have dragons in it).

Also, welcome the return of Ken Sugimori stock art cards!

Buyo

Aspiring Trainer
That Clawitzer is interesting! Could Clawitzer breathe some life back into Mega evolution decks that rely on Specal Energy? M Tyranitar, M Ampharos, M Aggron, M Latios?

EDIT: I love the irony of Galvantula being a Joltik counter

Last edited:

Bulbakool

Aspiring Trainer
Why does shiftry's translation still say that it does 40 more damage when you can clearly see the 60 in the text

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
so when are we getting full translations? I would translate them myself, but the only foreign language I even begin to understand is spanish lol

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
Infernape's first attack is Flare Drive, discard all Fire energy attached to Infernape.

Second attack you must have 10 or more Fire Energy discarded to use. Then, shuffle them all back into the deck.

Infernape + Typhlosion new meta

Volcarona's second attack is power hurricane, discard all energy attached to it. First attack, flip a coin, if heads your opponent's active is confused, tails paralysed.

Toxicroak's ability blocks it from being poisoned and its attack poisons if you flip heads.

Hydreigon BREAK attack is Calamity Blast. discards 3 energy, deals 50 damage to two benched Pokemon

Last edited:

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Wow Steelix and M-Steelix artworks are a-w-e-s-o-m-e!!! But unfortunately, their slowness is massive too. The artworks in this set are great!

I was hoping for a more playable Clawitzer BREAK, to be honest... And I would have liked to see shiny Pokémon with a more recognizable coloration (like shiny Azumarill... it's freaking golden!), rather than Shiftry or Volcarona, but I'll love them and collect them equally :D

Too bad there isn't a Nidoqeen line...