Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

I love the art and I love the ability but I just wonder how much play this will see.

Fighting will not be a good weakness to have in the future (Zygarde decks are tipped to become popular) plus, as a Stage 2, it's slow to get going (especially without access to Rare Candy under item lock).

Man, if Lightning had decent evolution acceleration this Ampharos would be pretty good, especially with Magnezone. Shame it doesn't have access to FOGP or Archie's/Maxies

Lamb's Blood would pair wall with Mew. Dimension Valley lets it hit for just 2L! Too bad you can't sacrifice more children to do more damage.

Wow Kanoko Eo gets to illustrate a card with good potential in a long time.

Also look at the evolves from drawing in the top left they are now in 3d?

Anyone else think ampharos could be a replacement for bats? Instead of evolving to do 5 damage over 2 turns, do 30 damage every turn. Possibly more if you get multiple ampharos in play.

Anyone else think ampharos could be a replacement for bats? Instead of evolving to do 5 damage over 2 turns, do 30 damage every turn. Possibly more if you get multiple ampharos in play.
It is a option.
Bat line is a 4-4-4 or 4-4-3 but you use Super Scoop Up and some AZs and also some level/repeat balls, so 20 cards in total.
Ampharos line would be 3-0-3 with Rare Candies and maybe some ultraballs to help, so 13 cards in total.

But don't we forget that the bats have free retreat and can attack for free if Dimension Valley is in play.

Ampharos would need Float Stone (for a total of 16 cards in Ampharos line-up) and never would attack if the deck doesn't run Lighting Energy.

And Ampharos just hit EXs.

If that ability was 2 counters (maybe even 1?) and it was on Flaaffy we might have had something. Amphy + Trick Coin might be a fun deck, but not likely super competitive.

I think Vincent Van Gough did the artwork on the Mareep.

It must have been during his lightning period.

Lambs blood is rather interesting, but I just don't think the extra damage is worth it. Sacrificing your first born child just for 10 extra damage? Maybe if it was 100 extra and could take down EXes...

In all seriousness, that Ampharos is pretty good. Even better since the format is shifting back to big basics.

without a way to get your firstborn child out of the discard i dont see a good way to repeatedly stream Lambs Blood every turn... makes it kinda hard to use

Since when is mareep arceus's executioner?

What would happen if you already sacrificed your firstborn child?

What if you don't have children? Is a child a Basic Pokemon? Does it have a BREAK? I hope my mother doesn't play this card, it wouldn't feel good to die and be shipped off to Arceus.

Back