Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

cHoViiRuuS

Aspiring Trainer
4th Water BREAK
0 Fire / Metal BREAK ... why TCPi why ?

at least Delphox BREAK is happening ... returning to subject, despite His Helix Lordship, its quite terrible ... unless they give more support for Fossils, maybe reprint Twist Mountain ?

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
This is probably worse then greninja break to get out...but is a free lysandre every turn on opponent's shaymin....might see some play? I take it back....it will clog your deck too much just trying to get this support pokemon into play...archie then maybe...at least we can praise lord helix from #Twitchplayspokemon
Of course you can't use Archie to pull BREAK Pokémon. It doesn't seem very playable, but I'm really happy to see Omastar shine, since I love it ;)

Sean Smith

T32 at 2016 Nats!
It's definitely not a bad card. Is it going to be in every deck? No. But I could possibly see this being used with Archie. Archie out Omastar, then BREAK evolve the following turn. Maybe in Night March since it already isn't that hard to pull off an Archie T1 or T2.

OnixScrusher302

Aspiring Trainer
This is pretty awesome. Archie decks now have free shaymin lysandres every turn. Although greninja break kinda already had that covered and has a better attacker too.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
For once again we're given powerful mechanics but no support for exploiting this combo. This card is inferior to Pyroar AND is a break evolution = stage 2. AS long as there's no support for stage 2 or break pokemon they're still going to suck.

BlaineistheBest

Life's short; play Pokemon
Come on TCPi. Like why. You know that this is going to be unplayed, not to mention hard to get off. 1/10 for attempt at something.

I1lucky

Your local Infernape
For once again we're given powerful mechanics but no support for exploiting this combo. This card is inferior to Pyroar AND is a break evolution = stage 2. AS long as there's no support for stage 2 or break pokemon they're still going to suck.

Still have the ability to print support in this set. These aren't all the cards

Ashkai & Pikan

I'm broken, can you fix me?
Well hey, His Helixship is finally getting a BREAK card! Looks like there will be a broken god somewhere now! :p

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
As soon as I saw the Omastar rare I wanted a break card because I feel Omastar is one of the under appreciated or forgotten Pokemon and this definitely makes him or her more noticeable.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
... why did they even bother?

Golduck is probably overall more useful in its ability and it is a "Stage 2". Omastar is more than likely going to be weighed down by ridiculously bad fossil mechanics (please please prove me wrong Pokémon Co) and is basically a "Stage 3".

As for " Gust of Wind" effects Pyroar probably does it better because it's more accessible AND fire decks have amazing energy acceleration, being able to attach 3 (or more!!) per turn. And Pyroar isn't limited to EX Pokémon.

Omastar BREAK should have been the regular Omastar IMO. The attack could have been WCC for 60 and restoring a Pokémon, with the ability Dangerous Tentacles. Might have been a little "broken" with Archie but you get my point.

I thought that like Megas, BREAKs would have got good by now. I thought basic BREAKs like Lugia were a step in this direction. Nope! Better luck next time!

As a side note, I'm hoping this leads to Kabutops BREAK but as usual.... ya never know D:

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
Hmmm... There may be potential! There needs to be support (besides Archie's plz) for getting this guy out though. I mean heck, even Fossil Researcher only works on the FFI restored.

Possibilities:
  • Maybe we get a Fossil Researcher with a reprint / updated text so that it works on all restored. Full Art Fossil Researcher goes from a $2 card to a $20 card. That, or some sort of new supporter along these lines. "If you have a Helix Fossil in your hand, put an Omanyte directly on your bench" maybe?
  • Maybe the Helix Fossil will be easier to play, i.e. "Search your deck for an Omanyte and put it on your bench" rather than the bottom 7 cards nonsense. 'cuz, you know, Helix Fossil has to be better. Or maybe it works something like the old Helix Fossil where it plays as a basic Pokemon itself with an Energy Evolution ability.
  • Maybe Kabutops will be so cool that Archie'ing out Omastar to use its ability to keep churning out Kabutos will be so totally worth it. You know, fighting type, huge damage on small energy investment fighting type kind of cool.
The biggest mystery:
  • Omanyte hasn't been revealed yet. Maybe it's Basic rather than Restored. (lololol)
I mean, all of the above is low probability but any one of those would make this playable.

Darkpoison64

Aspiring Trainer
Of course you can't use Archie to pull BREAK Pokémon. It doesn't seem very playable, but I'm really happy to see Omastar shine, since I love it ;)
I ment archie to get the omastar regular then evolve to break the next turn similar how people are getting archeops/gallade out in yveltal ex in expanded that just won 2nd weekend of regionals

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I can see this working with Bird Jesus. The combo is far too strong.

To be honest here, this card is going to be a nightmare to get out. The Fossil mechanic is bad right now so there isn't any good way to get this into play quickly but if you want to, it will cost your supporter. Like people said, the ability is on a faster Pokemon but for a water type break, Golduck break has more utility. Only time will tell.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
I ment archie to get the omastar regular then evolve to break the next turn similar how people are getting archeops/gallade out in yveltal ex in expanded that just won 2nd weekend of regionals
Yes, but Archeops and Gallade are way better than Omastar/Omastar BREAK...

Tobo

Training foxes since 2015

Even though it may look like it could work with Archie, Break pokémon and Archie in the same deck is quite inconsistent. If you draw the Break card, it would be very painful to use Archie in the early game.