Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

The art looks post-apocalyptic... First card I've seen depicting such a concept... :eek:
Yes, I do love the "ruined" look of the scenery, :D and I do love restoration beam, but
60 for 2 energy And restoration beam along with 120 HP is a little OP for a stage 1.

PS: like RiverShock said, can we get some more "restores" like kabuto?

Super artwork on that card. Even the Omaster at the front seems confused scratching its shell.

Now Kabutops, Armaldo Bastiodon and/or Rampardos? They haven't been printed in a long time.

Won't mind at all if one gets as EX.

I'm kinda new to pokemon, but isn't there a new fossil pokemon each game? So if not a good restored pokemon this set, maybe in one of the newer sets the new fossil pokemon (if any) will be pretty good
(please!) if nothing new, the araura, or however you say that thing, could be nice in big blue. I don't think that they would release a pokemon like this without a good fossil pokemon in this set

Gen 2 is the only one I think that didn't have fossil pokemon. Omaster is usually paired with Kabutops line in TCG. Neither have been printed for a long time, so I'm guessing Kabutops line will be in this set.

Last edited:
Ooh! I love this artwork! This looks like a new artist too, I don't recognize the name.
Yes, he's a recent artist in the TCG but you've already seen a card with artwork drawn by him: Golem from Generations.

It's the concept of the entire set: "Fates Collide", the urbanized world is now fused together with the natural world. It follows the concept of the earlier sets (BREAKthrough and BREAKpoint).
@WPM, ^this.

Yes, I do love the "ruined" look of the scenery, :D and I do love restoration beam, but
60 for 2 energy And restoration beam along with 120 HP is a little OP for a stage 1.

In practice, it's a Stage 2, so no, it's not OP.

I really like that ability. I've enjoyed playing fossils since I started playing the game. Aurous is one of on my favorites. I'm hope we see more of them. I'd love to see a fossil EX, or a deck concept where you play a sort of fossils on the bench. Honestly, they are so hard to get out, I never understand why they don't have colorless charge times for attacks.

As stated in the comments, the images express natural and modern colliding. The concept, though a game, really digs at some of the movements we are having with living today. It suggests questions that we can pose to ourselves in everyday living to our own earth and body. Its something that lives quite intensely in the Japanese culture. The artwork is done with a quite technique that praises Japans historical culture.

(Speak softly, but be heard)

In short, I really like it!

I really want some more EX pokémon in this set like maybe a salamence EX & M salamence EX?
But overall this set is AMAZING. I also like the new artist :p

Absolutely beautiful artwork. Will want to get a couple of these just for that purpose alone

Ooh! I love this artwork! This looks like a new artist too, I don't recognize the name.

Without some good non-water non-fighting fossils, this card is kinda useless though. Cradily is the only one that doesnt have Maxie, Archie, or Fossil Researcher to help get it in play, and the Stage 2's in a Cradily deck would probably get in the way of Archie-ing out the Omastar in the first place. (Not to mention they probably aren't taking Expanded into consideration. ) I doubt they'd print something like this without somethin else to go with it in the set though.

I hope there's a fighting type Kabutops! Fighting would be nice flavor too, as it's the offensive one of the pair and it'd be able to use Strong Energy, etc. (As opposed to water's defensive theme) Maybe it'd be a strong attacker where using Omastar to stream Kabuto would be more reliable than Dome Fossil?
I think Bastiodon is usually steel as opposed to rock in the tcg

Lord Helix has returned and destroyed the non believers. Praise Lord Helix for his is our almighty savior and ruler of this world.

I remember Caitlin was a decent card to play with Fossils, since you could put the Restored Pokemon on the bottom of your deck and have draw support as well. The only problem was that you had to have the Fossil card and the Restored Pokemon in your hand along with Caitlin. So you would need to put cards including the Restored on the bottom of your deck using Caitlin, then use the Fossil card to bring it to the bench. And considering most of the Restored Pokemon evolve that's yet another turn of setup.

There was the Archen and Lileep with the Ability that allowed them to go to the bottom of the deck from the discard pile. Though Archeops can be brought out with Maxie. Cradily could be good if one used Forest of Giant Plants to get it out quicker along with Lileep's Ability, so eh there's that.

Tyrunt and Amaura got Fossil Researcher to work around their Fossil cards, but they still didn't seem to get much play.

Fossil/Restored Pokemon can be fun if they have the right setup, but there's a lot of moving parts, and most don't find it worth it.

Yes, he's a recent artist in the TCG but you've already seen a card with artwork drawn by him: Golem from Generations.

@WPM, ^this.

In practice, it's a Stage 2, so no, it's not OP.
well its a push towards restored Pokemon decks, but imagine the crazy hi-jinx with Plasma Blast Cradily

I think it would be great if they one day decided to make a mini set for all fossil/restored pokemon.

This is probably worse then greninja break to get out...but is a free lysandre every turn on opponent's shaymin....might see some play? I take it back....it will clog your deck too much just trying to get this support pokemon into play...archie then maybe...at least we can praise lord helix from #Twitchplayspokemon

Last edited:
Back