News Japan's SM6b, 'Champion Road'!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Watch then purposely make the reverse holo TV reporter this set just as rare as the old one was.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
To be fair, you can't compare EX Evolutions to this set, which was meant to bring older cards back t the game. Evolutions was just a "remember these cards" from way back when similar to how Pokemon GO-like product was made. All it was supposed to do was make people who no longer played feel good.

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
This is just stupid, they printed it knowing there is no reason this will ever see any play what so ever, but they printed it anyway...

They made changes to the other reprints, then why not to this card ? They could have given it an effect like " If you knocked out a pokemon during your last turn, you can play as many tv reporter as you like this turn"

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
disagree that this is worse than hau/cheren...many archetypes specifically want things like energy in the discard, and the fact that you choose after you draw 3 cards is a nifty little deck thinning effect regardless. Not that I plan on playing it, just saying I would often choose this over a straight draw 3 if I were forced to choose :p
However, there may be something down the road like "if you discarded an energy/trainer/Pokémon (it would only be one of these) this turn (before you attack). This Pokémon's attacks do 30/80 more damage until the end of your next turn". If it is an ability it may also state. "You can not apply '______' more than once". If it is an GX attack. "Your Pokémon's attacks do an additional 80 damage to your opponent's pokemon during your next turn"
A normal attack would deal a normal 70. Then the additional 80. It would have a restriction such as; "this pokemon cannot use '________' during your next turn. That's what i think.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
disagree that this is worse than hau/cheren...many archetypes specifically want things like energy in the discard, and the fact that you choose after you draw 3 cards is a nifty little deck thinning effect regardless. Not that I plan on playing it, just saying I would often choose this over a straight draw 3 if I were forced to choose :p
We have plenty of way to discard in the game already (such as Ultra Ball, Sycamore, and Trade) plus we already have Sophicales in this exact regard

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
I've' been away all day so haven't even checked youtube yet, and there's not 1 but 2 posts in 1 day. hot dang, guess this makes up for yesterday. Apologies for being a (d word) earlier. I am easily triggered, when i'm impatient.

And Woooo! Dragon EX was one of the few sets I actually completed when I was little. including the secret rare Charmander/ charmeleon and charizard cards, which had numbers outside the set, like Dark Raichu in Team Rocket.
I used to really like TV Reporter, since there wasn't any decent supporter cards that drew cards. There was professor oak's research in expedition which was just a Shauna. and Professor Birch which was basically Bianca.

TV reporter actually saw a bit of play back in 2004 especially when combined with Magneton from the same set that let you discard 1 card from your hand to bring back a basic energy from the discard pile. more often used with the RS base set Delcatty poke-power, which discarded 1 energy from your hand to draw 3 cards.
Now i just need Mr Briney's compassion, which was last seen in the Lumious city art museum of all things in Pokemon X and Y.

Mr briney was the same as Aceroller, but the conditions where different. The pokemon had to be a non EX pokemon for it to work. Aceroller only works if there's at least 1 damage counter on the pokemon, but it can pick up any pokemon regardless of ex or gx in the name.

Now I just need a FA Rockets admin, and FA Holon Mentor
Rockets Admin was the same as N. (You got to choose how many cards up to the number of remaining prizes. so if you had 3 cards in deck and you had 3 prizes remaining, you could choose to only draw 1 card, to prevent a deck out.)
Holon Mentor searched your deck for 3 basic pokemon with 100 HP or less as long as you discard 1 card from your hand. (kind of a worse Brigette/ Pokemon collector)

I think the format needs Holon Mentor. it will help speed up stage 2 decks like gardy and metagross, while keeping ultra beasts at bay. (when rotation happens that is. we still have Brigette atm)

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like this set is shaping up to be a disappointment like Evolutions. Nostalgia trips are great, but there's no reason not to give a few of the cards a bit of a boost. That being said, I hope we see Steven's Advice, even if only as a Prism Star

Graven

Eminem TTGX
Imagine Battle Frontier stadium in this format. Yikes.

Now that you mention it, Battle Frontier Stadium for this format would balance things out quite well; Sylvally GX and Zoroark GX would need to be played more carefully as they could be countered by the stadium's effects, and if they don't have a stadium in response or can't draw into a Field Blower, they're put in a disadvantage; Steel decks would finally have something to worry about considering how powerful they are-even more so coming this Fall wiht the new Solgaleo GX. Hopefully Field blower gets banned in the next rotation so stadiums like this can thrive, as this could be what sets the metagame apart as with what happened with Sky Field (I'll still play double Solga-GX if this happens, but at least I'll have something to worry about instead of going on an all out rampage).