Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

Adiromit

Aspiring Trainer
Wishiwashi Wishiwashi GX will be like the new Wailord EX if you can protect your bench

Hope for a stadium or an ability like that soon

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Everyone get ready for Gyarados + Rotom FAC memes.

Salazzle looks pretty cool, it'll be fun to test.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
As the proud owner of 8 copies of Wishiwashi GX on TCGO, I'm shocked that it got some more support from a baby Wishiwashi. Don't think it would work too well considering that bench sniping and damage spread are still a thing, with Buzzwole being the main offender.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Huh...are the official Pokemon artworks no longer all done by Ken Sugimori anymore? Jangmo-o is using the official stock art, but the illustrator isn't Sugimori.

Charizard=Life

Aspiring Trainer
Teched into some fire decks that Salazzle could be really scary. If only that charmeleon ability was better I’m going to build a Charizard deck

Nytttt

Volcanion Trainer
Yay! Fire support for volc. Assuming that baby Wishiwashi stacks, Wishiwashi GX could reach 330 HP?!?!? Crazy stall deck

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
This new Wishiwashi makes a pretty decent deck. The Wishiwashi GX card still isn't a very good card by itself. The baby Wishiwashi on the other hand, 20hp + 20 in attack is awesome. Definitely play 4 of those with a bunch of Rescue Stretchers. Your opponent might be wasting their time knocking them out. I don't think Quagsire is necessary for this deck strategy, after finally getting 1 Wishiwashi GX ready you should use its GX attack in combination with the new Switch Buoy. You could also implent Max Potion / Acerola and mainly use the first attack.

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
Bear in mind that if baby wishiwashis ability stacks, you could have a wishiwashi gx with 330 HP (With fighting fury belt) and dont forget we have GEN Mr. Mime or GUR machoke to protect the bench. Maybe we dont go for an attacking build, but just a straight stall deck

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Wishiwashi Wishiwashi GX will be like the new Wailord EX if you can protect your bench

Hope for a stadium or an ability like that soon
Standard seems to limited, you might have to use machoke to prevent any damge, from effects of attack and abilities, or you can mr.minmes.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Bear in mind that if baby wishiwashis ability stacks, you could have a wishiwashi gx with 330 HP (With fighting fury belt) and dont forget we have GEN Mr. Mime or GUR machoke to protect the bench. Maybe we dont go for an attacking build, but just a straight stall deck
machoke gives superior protection, but you will have to evolve it.In expanded you probably can get away with using maxie? to avoid evolving it. you probably need sky field to ensure it stays there. and stretcher,super rod or brocks grit to ensure that your 30hp will be recoverable. the problem is they are easy 1 card prize snacks. it can be guzmaed in.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
One Phrase: Where. Is. Tapu. Lele???!!

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
I actually like the Kommo-o, it lasts a while on its own and also benefits off the bench damage that the other cards cause.
My only problem with this set, however, is the lack of Double Dragon Energy, which to me renders this whole set completely useless.
Yes, I'll be building a Kingdra GX deck, and yes, I'll be building a Fire deck because Charizard with choice band and Kukui can OHKO Zoroark GX.
But I think I'll be ignoring the Dragon types for a while, at least until DDE comes back.
What garbage set of wasted potential.

Gigglez

Novelty or Non-Meta Decks Я Me
They said I was a fool for putting my life savings into wishiwashi GX

THEY WERE WRONG
I totally called it! I was waiting for Wishiwashi to get better (at least just a little bit). Wishiwashi will not get better they said, but I said otherwise. Does the ability stack or not?