Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
that victini seems... underwhelming, sureif you have 10 energy in your discard, and 2 equipped it's pretty strong... but how did you even get into that situation in the first place?

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Victini Prism - late-game smasha!! All you need is a bunch of Sycamore, and bunch of energy. But the fact that it needs 2 Fire, Prism Star, and a 90 HP Pokemon falls off to 2 Geodudes. Not even 130 HP to resist standard KOs.
  • Reshiram GX - 180 for 4 and the ability to accelerate from hand to any Pokemon is lit. But do we need to invest 4 energy just to accelerate energy to something like a Ho-oh? I doubt about it. 3 Geodudes

elFacho

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, first off: I think Reshiram GX can be amazing in a satuts deck as a main attacker if paired with Ultra Prism Infernape and Wela Volcano. (Something that I would have liked to see with Entei GX.)
OR
It can be used as a tech in the future and undeniable Charizard deck that will be built in Dragon Storm because of Reshiram GX's GX attack. That or play Tortunator GX along with Charizard.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I could potentially see Victini as another one-Prize attacker option in Volcanion - its attack has pretty good synergy with Steam Up, and it can be powered up quickly either through Power Heater or Max Elixir.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Okay, first off: I think Reshiram GX can be amazing in a satuts deck as a main attacker if paired with Ultra Prism Infernape and Wela Volcano. (Something that I would have liked to see with Entei GX.)
OR
It can be used as a tech in the future and undeniable Charizard deck that will be built in Dragon Storm because of Reshiram GX's GX attack. That or play Tortunator GX along with Charizard.
1.) Entei doesn't hit 120
2.) Playing multiple Pokemon could be a little clunky
3.) Guzma and Acerola are everywhere

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
that victini seems... underwhelming, sureif you have 10 energy in your discard, and 2 equipped it's pretty strong... but how did you even get into that situation in the first place?

Typhlosion-BKT. New partner for that joke of a deck as it goes expanded only around the same time we get it. I don't think it's necessarily that good in Volc as a lot of people are saying because you generally want to power heater or nitro tank that energy directly back onto the field instead of shuffling it into the deck. Reshiram is kind of bad imo except maybe as a more consistent partner for Infernape ULP.

elFacho

Aspiring Trainer
1.) Entei doesn't hit 120
2.) Playing multiple Pokemon could be a little clunky
3.) Guzma and Acerola are everywhere

1.) Yeah okay. But Reshiram does hit 110 by its own and does instaburn (Entei GX's was 100 and insta burn for 2 fire and a colorless). Add the choice band and Infernape's ability and by that, it hits for 200 damage. I think it's a solid Number, wouldn't you agree?
2.) Vikabulu is a thing and it's pretty much the same base. Basic pokémon as a main attacker, have a stage 2 as bench-sitter.
3.) Duh.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
I knew it, I knew it! I said in an older post talking about Flint that there will be a card in the same set that synergizes with it, and Reshiram is the one, and what they're trying to do isn't that bad! Turn 1 you use the first Reshiram's attack, then turn 2 use the GX move to get a billion energy out. Unfortunatley that second attack's effect wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. Thankfully it's somewhat redeemed by the first attack, but eh. It's more like a back-up attack that you can use. I like Reshiram-GX overall, we can all at least agree it's better than it's EX counterpart.

Victini PS: Prize 1 attacker for Volcanion maybe? It can do a good chunk of damage but I hate how you shuffle the energies back into the deck. Maybe it's nice to have the recovery option, but eh. I'm not as wild as I thought it'd be.
Typhlosion-BKT.
Oh that's a pretty good idea, esspecially if you burned through your deck to the point where you shuffle the energies back in and they're the only thing in your deck. We still got a couple months to execute this strategy in standard so I approve.

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
Umm, if you think about it, Reshiram could be pretty dang OP.

Say, you go 2nd and you start a Reshiram in front. You can attach energy to it, use Flame Charge to get 2 more. That puts you at 3.

Turn 2, attach again, if opponent evolved a Zoroark or something, Choice Band then use GX. Also drops a bunch of energy from hand to bench, and takes early 2 prize KO.

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
Typhlosion-BKT. New partner for that joke of a deck as it goes expanded only around the same time we get it. I don't think it's necessarily that good in Volc as a lot of people are saying because you generally want to power heater or nitro tank that energy directly back onto the field instead of shuffling it into the deck. Reshiram is kind of bad imo except maybe as a more consistent partner for Infernape ULP.
The thing is, you need to remember that if Victini is accidentally discarded by Typhlosion, you can't get it back.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Both very interesting, but it does mean a jump in Volcanion decks which is good a thing to balance out things. Nice that Victini is a prism star and not a gx too.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
You know what that Flint Item is starting to make much more sense looking at both of those cards.

Liking what I'm seeing from this set so far. Hopefully all of these smaller sets hold up.

joaoTforce

Aspiring Trainer
...why does the first attack on reshiram matter so much? Isnt kiawe just better? I guess it's a nice option if you miss the kiawe, but either way, these 2 cards are amazing additions to the ho-oh/kiawe deck.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
Victini does the same as Riptide Feraligatr from Neo genesis, only it does 20X instead of gatr's 10+ attack
what made gatr good was its ability to discard energy from the hand. Victini doesn't have that option.
Gatr had 110 hp. (which was respectable in the wizards of the coast days). Victini only has 90 hp. at least in expanded you can get it with level ball

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
Reshiram could work in a ho oh deck. GX attack as your first attack plus power up a second ho oh straight away provided the energy are in hand. Could be a new starter in lots of fire decks, though I feel turtonators gx attack is more reliable for energy acceleration

Last edited: