Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

From the Company that brought you a skateboard and a frying pan, we present you: a small rock.
Exciting times in the Pokémon Community.
It's gonna replace Fisherman i guess. I wonder if this card sees play after Volc rotated

Need I remind you that one of the most used Pokemon Tools of all time (certainly of the last few years) is also a small rock?

At first for some reason I thought this was somehow referring to the Elite Four Flint, and I got somewhat confused when I saw a rock in the thumbnail.

Other than Volc - which is not going to be Standard legal for too long after we get this card - I can't see anything using this, only if TPCI decide to bring back a Steam-Up like effect to Standard. (Hopefully they won't.) In Expanded, Superior Energy Retrieval is probably still a better tech for Volc so yeah. We'll see.

If the upcoming ability Charizard has something similiar to Magnezone's ability I could see this working.

This also somewhat works with Zinnia. Attach 2 of the energy with her, and 1 more manual attachment from hand, but is there any dragon that requires that many fire energy?

Interesting card, seems like it would be pretty good in Volcanion; however, I don't think it will be very relevant in standard (assuming this set comes out after or right before Worlds) because cards like Kiawe are just so much better, not to mention that you can't immediately attach each of them from your hand to your Pokemon in one turn (unless Emboar gets a reprint). I just don't see this card being too amazing. I don't think Volcanion is going to gain relevancy in expanded again just because of this card.

Good concept, but overall, pretty mediocre (unless emboar gets reprinted OH boy)

reshiram gx + zinnia combo anybody? agree with the rest of you, seems mediocre unless friend-boar reprint. its basically superior energy retrieval, but only fire, no?

I don't really have an idea that comes off the top of my mind when thinking about this card, but there's usually something super fun you can do with 4 fire energy in your hand (like @mirdo said, probably for Volc until it rotates). Maybe there's going to be a new pokemon / card that's going to be revealed in the same set that would make some sort of broken combo. Like for Example:

Burning Shadows: Kiawe + Ho-oh-GX
Forbidden Light: Ultra Necrozma-GX + Malamar

Overall, seems cool to me.

If the upcoming ability Charizard has something similiar to Magnezone's ability I could see this working.

This also somewhat works with Zinnia. Attach 2 of the energy with her, and 1 more manual attachment from hand, but is there any dragon that requires that many fire energy?
god I hope charizard does have fire type deluge. Would be cool, but WAIT!! Do you really want to pay $300 for a good charizard?

I was going to say this is the worse version of Lady but realized the picture of Flint is of a rock and also an item

Back