News Japan's SM4+ Set: 'GX Battle Boost!'

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Xeynid Aspiring Trainer
    Xeynid

Being forced to run a separate tool card for each individual matchup in the meta is pretty heavy on deckspace.

2. Wechselbalg "okey"
    Wechselbalg

Still hoping that a Steel Memory will be released :)

3. Starsoulklr 'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
    Starsoulklr

There's also that Magerna that can send to your hand a tool card from one of you Pokemon:
    http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/09/magearna-from-sm4

Not as flexible as Weavile but is easier to get into play. Only might matter if Alolan Muk get's big.

4. bunnybird12 Don't be sad- be hoppy!
    bunnybird12

I like this! It will be interesting to see if they release memory cards for all types (or all except dragon) and how it will compete against other decks.

5. Baconcrisp3 Aspiring Trainer
    Baconcrisp3

Silvally-GX seems almost Over powered imo. He was already looking fairly promising before all these memory cards were revealed and would have been a good tech in a lot of decks like Volcanion, but now it seems like you could plop him into any deck with basic Pokemon, and them give him a memory card to cover the weakness that the deck's mains attacker and probably a metal type memory card for Gardevoir and he becomes the deck's main attacker.

6. Dark Espeon Dark Avatar
    Dark Espeon

I like Fire Memory. Not sure on Lightning memory since it only hits a limited amount of Pokémon for weakness at the moment. Personally I believe that the likelihood of releasing further memory cards will depend on new Ultra Beasts to be released. Silvally is marketed as an Ultra Beast slayer. The present set of memory cards hits all of the original seven Ultra Beasts for weakness.

Fighting Memory:
    Xurkitree GX, Guzzlord GX

Psychic Memory:
    Nihilego GX, Buzzwole GX

Fire Memory:
    Pheromosa GX, Kartana GX

Lightning Memory:
    Celesteela GX

Ultra Beast Adhesive is a Poison type and most likely will be represented as a Psychic type weak to Psychic in the trading card game. We already have that covered by Psychic Memory. Ultra Beast Burst is Fire and Ghost type. If it is represented as a Fire type we may receive Water Memory to enable Silvally Gx to hit it for weakness. Ultra Beast Assembly is Rock and Metal. This could mean that we receive either a Water Memory or a Grass Memory to enable Silvally Gx to hit it for weakness in the next set. This leaves us with Fairy Memory, Darkness Memory and Metal Memory. Since none of the currently revealed Ultra Beasts is weak to either of these three types we may not get them anytime soon.

7. Tapu Lele Inflated and Overstocked
    Tapu Lele

You're right. It is a Mantyke.

What's with these Characters with Pokemon styles?
    Tierno - Vanillish
    Shauna - Gothita
    Trevor - Gardevoir
    Lillie - Mantyke

8. PlatinumDude Aspiring Trainer
    PlatinumDude

Lightning Memory should be named "Electric Memory" despite the TCG terminology because that's what the item is called in the games.

9. CaptZero Aspiring Trainer
    CaptZero

I'm liking my Buzzswole/ Silvally deck idea more and more as I see these memories floating in.

10. WaMike Aspiring Trainer
    WaMike

Yep. Down goes Garde

11. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

I meant you don't have to worry about the name rule and the 4x deck spots. You can run any number you want.

12. Thad The Night Begins to Shine
    Thad

Well GG boys looks like fire tool wont one shot a metagross gx Rip

13. TheloanRaichu Aspiring Trainer
    TheloanRaichu

yep ok lillie is best girl confirmed

14. PIXELMAGE Pokemon and Anime Loving Memelord
    PIXELMAGE

Now That I think of it Luamine reminds of the one demented girl from the song me me me. Yeah, that song.:confused:

15. BraviaryBoi Anonymus
    BraviaryBoi

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

16. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

17. riChchestMat Aspiring Trainer
    riChchestMat

This is what happens when you let Nebby out of the bag

18. Gamerdynasty4ever Aspiring Trainer
    Gamerdynasty4ever

I feel that this is the Cosmog based off of the one in the SM anime right now.

19. CaptZero Aspiring Trainer
    CaptZero

The original one is better I think. Having that panic draw is nice if you brick. Wonder if this means we're getting new Solgaleo and Lunala cards? I assumed they'd wait until Ultra Sun/ Moon to release new cards of those Pokemon.

Holden Sheeks likes this.
  20. Gen Cario Aspiring Trainer
    Gen Cario

If Energy Denial Hoopa gets popular, this card will look good in a binder. Tons of potential, but by May this deck can be beast.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?