News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

It's OK. I have my Fairy Garden ready. However, I think there could be an Expanded (potentially rogue) deck that would consist of that Araquanid, Ariados from Ancient Origins and Dragalge from Flashfire. In that deck, the strategy would be to prevent your opponent from attaching but also from retreating with the Poison combo (Hypnotoxic Laser could be used too). Obviously it would not be meta because it is easy to get around (Keldeo-EX, Virizion-EX, switching cards).

T1 Dewpider+Araquanid+Forest of Giant Plants+DCE = gg
Keep in mind though that by the time this card is tournament legal, forest of giant plants shouldn't be in standard anymore, meaning that strategy would only work in expanded. It's still a really good strategy though.

You can only retreat your active if it has any Energy attached. Araquanid won't let you attach any Energy. It's impossible. This card is broken and the game will never be the same.
Not 100% impossible, due to switch, but float stone will be rotated out when this set becomes legal. That means in order to avoid this one card, decks will probably have to take up 4 spaces in their deck just for switching. If you add hammers and grunts, this card becomes unstoppable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not 100% impossible, due to switch, but float stone will be rotated out when this set becomes legal. That means in order to avoid this one card, decks will probably have to take up 4 spaces in their deck just for switching. If you add hammers and grunts, this card becomes unstoppable.

Float Stone was BKT. It will be legal until the following rotation in 2018.

You can only retreat your active if it has any Energy attached. Araquanid won't let you attach any Energy. It's impossible. This card is broken and the game will never be the same.
Except for Switch, E Rope, and Olympia. The card is definitely strong and with Vileplume it would be evil but guess what rotates in September?

Keep in mind though that by the time this card is tournament legal, forest of giant plants shouldn't be in standard anymore, meaning that strategy would only work in expanded. It's still a really good strategy though.
Like many sets b4 it sm3 will be legal at world's so any of the combos with old cards are still valid to think about.

Thank you WPM for the misleading title. I thought it'd be a better card than this. Not even using sarcasm here; we don't need another overpowered card

Like many sets b4 it sm3 will be legal at world's so any of the combos with old cards are still valid to think about.
Too true, but it is a one time thing. Araquanid won't be as good at Worlds as it will in the 2018 season. 2018 season, I'm thinking possibly it'll be one of the best cards in the format.

Run Sableye with this, and maybe some Trevenant and Garbodor, then you have one heck of a bully deck.

lol

Another unique attack effect. At least, I don't think we have ever seen this one before... Good job Pokémon, keep it up.

As for comments on being creative, it depends on your definition of creative, as plenty of these designs, just like past cards that explore interesting design space, will be outperformed by linear and lock strategies in the format.

Back