News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

fleshrum

Cephalophore
but if you're using your GX attack, what are you going to do with Incineroar on the bench?? Its not that good.

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
Big dead rainbow bird exists for the sole purpose of supporting big dead flying lizard, which comes out this set
Well we don't know that for sure, If Charizard-GX is playable then this might be very good. We don't know yet but until then we can assume either or. Ive learned not to assume the best or worst, based on other Charizard UR's, they haven't been that good, but it could be good! We'll find out rather soon

Slurma

Aspiring Trainer
Necrozma ain't bad, right now there aren't many colorless decks other the mega ray, but I'll guess we'll see. Ho-oh in volcanion wouldn't be bad if volcanion's ability wasn't limited to the active.

carrotfoot

Aspiring Trainer
Why oh why can't Ho-oh ever get attacks witout rediculous energy costs? I hope we get some good stage 2 fire type GXs so I can actually play the thing.

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
Don't care for this thing being immune to my Pidgeot's attacks but I'll manage (though its annoying). I wish Ho-Oh GX was playable. GX attack can put staged Pokemon in play and I guess that's nice but they need to be in the discard first. Was hoping it did something good and was maybe a bit more "colorless" since Lugia seems to never do anything related to its Psychic typing.

My guess is that they have some big bad Charizard GX coming and this card gets that card in play similar to Archie's Blastoise.

Clamtrak

Aspiring Trainer
I'm someone who doesn't like using the meta and likes to actually come up with ideas for my decks (in battle, that's a great thing and bad thing at the same time) and the one card I have trouble with is Tauros GX. Now, "I know only one truth. It's time for Tauros...to end."
I want that Necrozma!!!!!!

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
I also kinda feel like Necrozma could be its own attacker just fine in tandem with Rayquaza GRI and Altar of the Moone, too.

Elray

Expanded Player
Something to keep in mind: if Necrozma-GX is holding a Wide Lens (ROS), it will one-shot any benched Mewtwo-EX or Espeon-GX.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Necrozma GX / Wobbuffet / Garbodor / Tapu Lele looks awesome. With Altar of the Moone almost all attackers will have free retreat and Wobuffet can take over after Necrozma GX used Black Ray GX. It also reduces the Pokémon GX count in Garbodor and enables the deck to use Max Elixir instead of Float Stone to fuel its attackers.

qwertyd

Aspiring Trainer
If Necrozma's GX only cost a DCE I could see it being an instant inclusion in Vespiquen to put every EX and GX into KO range early game but CCC is impractical w/o elixirs

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
If Stage1/Stage2 GXs becomes the meta... I can see Necrozma+Espeon-EX being fun~
Are there any GXs that would survive that?

TheBigE196

Aspiring Trainer
Necrozoma basically has the Rayquaza* holy star attack from back in the day, its actually pretty ridiculous, combo this with spinda from primal clash and it kills all the shaymin's on your opponents bench, which could just straight up win you the game, it could also combine with dusknoir due to how many counters it can put on the board at once. First attack is a bit lackluster unfortunately, but this card can definitely find its place in the meta

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
Ok, this is awesome. I can imagine playing the Necrozma with Metagross GX. If you can get 3 Metagross into play, then Necrozma is doing 190 every turn, 220 with a Choice Band, 240 with a Kukui. Combined maybe with a Lunala GX and Max Potion, this could be so beautifully playable. You could also play it with Lurantis, but probably not as well.

Derek2727

Aspiring Trainer
Necrozma with any damage spread pokemon will be nice. Espeon GX and perhaps tech with Deci decks for some interesting 4 prize turns

Dalton

Aspiring Trainer
I was hoping for a Ho-Oh GX that was based around have different energy/pokemon types. It would be cool if they made it either have the same ability as the Dragons Exalted one, or gave it something that pairs with rainbow road.

Ho-Oh could be a one of in Volcanion, since it doesn't have a weakness to water.
The GX attack would of been cool if it was ANY two pokemon. You could do some crazy plays along the lines of Archie and Maxie decks. Even if it was any Fire pokemon it would be better. The thing is, at the moment there are not any good fire GX to use it with. Charizard GX might be good, but we will have to wait and see.