New meta, Pokemon taking zero Energy to attack, just you watch.
Seriously, whats up with all the Energy hate cards? Do they not want you to play the game?
Plumeria does allow you to get cards into discard pile. Energies for aqua patch or mega turbo, or as was mentioned in article regarding Darkrai ability. However I prefer draw support rather than discard your cards for one energy removal. Plus other ways to get cards into discard....ultra ball, sycamore, and rarely used psychic third eye (think that's its name).
Not sure if this is really worth it. Discard 2 to discard one energy as your supporter for the turn is kinda bad, especially with Team Flare Grunt being almost as good with no downside and Crushing Hammer being just as good, but with a coin flip and no discard. Also, as long as Delinquent is a thing, reducing your hand size is not a good idea.
Personally I think they just need to undo the rare candy errata(or mod it so you can do 1st turn but no gx), the errata and the time it was introduced never made sense to me, stage 2s had their best tool ripped away and in the same set darkrai dropped and the big basic era officially startedPlease reprint Cobalion-EX in this set, TPCi.... Please..?
Muscle Dumbells would be so cool if Stage 1s actually deserved any support, but they already have a bit too much power. Some Stage 2 love would be nice.
Discarding is not bad in Pokémon, it allows set ups with shaymin and octillery along with patches and seeker fodder. Crushing hammer is not as good as this. You would have to play at least 3 hammers in your deck which means you take up a few extra spots in your deck plus it is a coin flip, already a liability
Here's why it's bad:
1) If you have 2 cards in hand, you can't play it.
2) If you have 3 cards in hand, you just put yourself into top deck mode.
3) If you have 4 to 6 cards in hand, you SHOULDN'T play it, because of Delinquent.
4) Deck space is irrelevant, because if you are playing with energy denial, you are going to play 4 copies of whatever energy denial card you can fit in.
5) I'd rather discard 2 energies with 4 cards (Crushing Hammer average) than discard 4 energy with 12 cards over 4 turns that I don't get to play a draw supporter or another utility supporter. (Keep in mind that Sylveon GX decks DON'T want to discard stuff, because their end goal is to cause a deckout.)
6) With new archetypes revolving around having energy acceleration, discarding one energy per turn max is not helpful.
7) As stated earlier, if you REALLY need to discard cards, you can play an Ultra Ball (Or Skyla for an Ultra Ball).
8) Shaymin EX is likely rotating soon, which means bouncing back from the discards is harder.
I still stand by the Ho-oh GX attack and pulling Incineroar GX from your discard to your bench. This card may help with that.