News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
Solgaleo GX + Choice Band + Prof. Kukui = Powerful Spark for 180
Come on nice idea but if solgaleo survived, the damage is maybe bigger.
you have change to gain energy (if you can afford),(max elixir electrode), and in fact is one more manual energy next turn. So is at least 7 energy. (ok hammers is here). But i thing magnezone(until rotade) is OK(overkill) combo.

taschen88

Aspiring Trainer
Thank you SM erafor making me believe in Lightning type again! :D
First it was Vikavolt, then Koko-GX, then Promo Koko, Aether Conservatory, and now this! :D
It helps that Fighting types haven't had many good additions (except promo Lycanroc-GX),
but yay, Lightning fun!! Definitely trying this with Vikavolt and Koko-GX :)

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Not Alolan Raichu GX - I love it. New era for Electric-type Pokémon to shine. The first atk can be spammable with Magnezone, Clemont, Fisherman, etc. Yes, Electrode can do, but it gives up 1 prize so, 1-1 is fine. The second atk is forget it! You don't want to get recoil with the atk itself. The GX attack is like Lapras GX which is being neglected to use with. 4 Geodudes

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Dear Pokémon Company International:

Why the heck are you printing regular Raichu GX?

With constant frustration,
Ryan Pecoraro

JacobTCG20

Aspiring Trainer
When does this set come out cause there is also a raikou that is the same as baby yveltal where you put an energy from discard like and with raichu with muscle dumbells he will be a 250 up darkrai

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Raichu-GX does look like a good card and with the right setup could be a problem. A lot of Lightning types are getting GX cards and that worries me.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Exchange is cool, riot meat does 120, choice Band and Kukui and it goes to 170, but if you want to copy attacks, go with Golden Illusionist Fox.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
So ummm why is the gx attack volt tackle and doesn't have recoil and the second attack thunder and does have recoil

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Ja1zl.gif

TotoBoss

Kappa
Basically Volcanion from steam siege, only this does 10 more damage and only 1 lightning energy instead of 2. Looks to be a decent attacker early game but since it can't get boosted like Volcanion could with the help of Volcanion-EX. Either way It can help out Raichu-GX recover energy's and that's always good. Especially if Breakthrough does rotate, this could very well see play combined with Raichu-GX.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Excited that it is 20 per energy +20. The plus 20 I think makes it a much more playable card as with Darkrai, Yveltal and Lugia ex cards. I do wish as with many posts that it was Alolan Raichu.

BKRapper

Aspiring Trainer
Upon an initial glance, I feel like this might pair well with Tapu Koko GX. I'm thinking something along the lines of...

Pokemon 15
4 Tapu Koko GX
4 Voltorb
4 Electrode
3 Pikachu
2 Raichu GX
2 Tapu Lele

Supporter 13
3 Sycamore
3 N
2 Acerola
2 Lysandre / Guzma
1 Brigette
1 Teammates
1 Ace Trainer

Stadium 4
4 Aether

Tool 3
3 Choice Band

Item 15
4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
2 VS Seeker
2 Multi Switch
1 Field Blower
1 Energy Recycler
1 Rescue Stretcher

Energy 10
10 Lighting Energy

Last edited:

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Basically Volcanion from steam siege, only this does 10 more damage and only 1 lightning energy instead of 2. Looks to be a decent attacker early game but since it can't get boosted like Volcanion could with the help of Volcanion-EX. Either way It can help out Raichu-GX recover energy's and that's always good. Especially if Breakthrough does rotate, this could very well see play combined with Raichu-GX.
Agree volcanion is much more effective , 2 energy attach and due to volcanion-ex ability; however Yveltal was widely used early game to get some extra energy onto bench for Darkrai with same attack damage.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Upon an initial glance, I feel like this might pair well with Tapu Koko GX. I'm thinking something along the lines of...

Pokemon 15
4 Tapu Koko GX
4 Voltorb
4 Electrode
3 Pikachu
2 Raichu GX
2 Tapu Lele

Supporter 13
3 Sycamore
3 N
2 Acerola
2 Lysandre / Guzma
1 Brigette
1 Teammates
1 Ace Trainer

Stadium 4
4 Aether

Tool 4
4 Choice Band

Item 14
4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
2 VS Seeker
2 Multi Switch
1 Energy Recycler
1 Rescue Stretcher

Energy 10
10 Lighting Energy
Ouch! 4 Free Prize Cards to your opponents, early win.
  • Baby Raikou (#HeyNick, Who's Nick?) - I love it! It's like Yveltal, period. Attach bunch of L Energy to BKT Raikou to deal bunch of Energy with either Raikou BKT or Raichu GX. BTW, Raichu's first atk is like Darkrai's Dark Pulse. 5 Geodudes immediately, no doubt