News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
well making shining legends a side set will minimize the reprints/incomplete evo we've been getting with our sets being a combo of sm#+ and sm(#+1) (ie burning shadows being sm2+ and sm3) or it will for our normal November set.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I wonder if this limited stock will cause Marshadow to be a $5-10 card... regardless, I'll buy two of each box; 1 to keep sealed, and 1 to open :p

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Yay! That means SM4 will not be a 170+ card set. That's surprising! We'll YouTubers plan to make a booster box of it as soon as it available. What is the pack trick?

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I'm hyped for Shining Volcanion and Entei-GX. Will be great to see if they're good cards. BTW what does Shining Volc even look like???

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
If they do something like this, it would be cool if TPCi released a boxed product containing booster packs that contain certain types, if you know what I mean.

For example, they might release some collection featuring some water pokemon, and the special 10 card booster pack comes from a 60 card set that contains only water pokemon. All cards would probably be reprints, but every card you would pull would be water Pokemon and some trainers.

The next month, they could release the same thing, but except it focuses on Fighting pokemon instead.

Metoro

Aspiring Trainer
Hopefully they do some cool non-GX/EX cards that can counter the high HP basics. So tired of 170+ Hp Basic Pokémon....
(Although all GX- are not always Basic- some still are). I don't understand why they don't give EX the same treatment and give them Evolution Stages too. I bet the game would be much more fun and diverse if all Basic EX/GX Pokémon had an average of 150 HP or preferably less.

Apologize for the rant...I have just been upset with the tcg meta since B&W Next Destinies and beyond...and there seems to be no change in sight.

jessalakasam

Yay! That means SM4 will not be a 170+ card set. That's surprising! We'll YouTubers plan to make a booster box of it as soon as it available. What is the pack trick?
How would we know considering the set just got announced today, if I had to guess though either like SuMo, XY, or like DOC (where there is no trick)
BTW what does Shining Volc even look like???
hqdefault.jpg

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Crossing fingers for Shining Shaymin.

Pros: Beautiful.
I will want a million.
Cons: Will have no wallet (more no wallet).

Teenyvictini

Aspiring Trainer
Also hoping for GX versions of Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf, and Suicune since I believe they're the only legendaries to miss out on Black and white onwards EXs.

Aggie_Brad

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hope this Pikachu is in Burning Shadows!! We have had a few non-set Pikachus (Target Exc SM04 and the two (14/30 & 29/30) from the Lycanroc/Alolan Raichu Trainer Kit) but none released in a US series since the couple in Evolutions. I need to add to my Pikachu collection! Over 100+ Pikachus and growing.

jessalakasam

Hope this Pikachu is in Burning Shadows!! We have had a few non-set Pikachus (Target Exc SM04 and the two (14/30 & 29/30) from the Lycanroc/Alolan Raichu Trainer Kit) but none released in a US series since the couple in Evolutions. I need to add to my Pikachu collection! Over 100+ Pikachus and growing.
We already know that there's a Pikachu in BUS, Japan got one in their SM3 set

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
Calling it now, this is how they'll release the full art xy trainers

And Olivia :p

(disclaimer: I find it unlikely since that would put back cards that would had rotated out like Blacksmith and N)

I don't think that unless there are full arts that any of the Shining pokemon would be Secret rares (the proxy images seem more like Holo rares)

Ona side note. Has the TCG ever revealed Shiny Legendaries that couldn't be obtained Legally obtained in the games before? If not then Vocanion might either be the first or I smell a Tapu Koko esque promotion soon.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Calling it now, this is how they'll release the full art xy trainers

I disagree, I see a companion release to the Mega Powers collection. Don't forget we lack full arts for M. Sharpedo EX, M. Camerupt EX and Aegislash EX as well so those with full arts trainers would be a good Mega Powers two.

Gee any chance of something like M. Latias and M. Latias EX in these things...I know probably not