News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

Keep these coming, Pokemon. Bringing me back to the BW and Neo days with these babies.

WOW! Its a mega flying flip (but +1 dce) and that ability is amazing in my opinion. Lets hope we get an English print.

I just want a Arceus-GX that has an ability that says "when you play this pokemon from you hand your opponent discards their hand, their deck, and all their benched pokemon and you draw one card" :^)

I feel they could have gotten away with no weaknesses on this card. Not that fighting is super popular, but even Tapu Lele-GX got away with no weakness.

its like bench shield from the platinum era which has my mascot on it lol. but arceus kinda beats bench shield cuz you can now set them up while he´s in play. have arceus with any hp increasing item and set up benched pokemon. this card seems op

Also I don't know why people complain about darkrai it's only had about 15 cards and not and only a few are Ex and one GX (a little more with reprints)

I feel like the not applying weakness to benched Pokemon is kinda pointless on a colorless pokemon
Not in the legacy format for dragon types like Rayquaza C Lv. X, which were technically dragons, but did not yet have their own type. It can also be copied by Marshadow and Mew, Which give the attack a type that can inflict weakness. Just two of those off a Mew and you kill literally every garbodor on your opponent's field.

Awww YISS, this is it, an actual set realese Arceus! not sure I like shining Arceus tho.
But it is a very nice looking card nevertheless. Probably my new favoritte!
Now give me all Arceus types in GX, thanks.

Last edited:
  • Shining Arceus - I love the art, and the art alone. The attack is gosh darn expensive, not like FFK. I love master Arceus! Too bad. But, I'll see more in SM4. 3 Geodudes

Hasn't been printed since '09? Happiny hasn't seen print since eary '08. With the logic they have, I'm just waiting for PCL to make a tier-0 happy baby god of meta-death. Bring back the Neo Genesis 'Baby Rule'.

Call me a stickler, but I'm not digging the new Shinings.

I feel that they should have the '1 per deck' clause like the old Neo Shinings did...or further with the 'one shining per deck' like they did with the Gold Stars. I feel that, given the 'negative rule' stapled into them, there was a bit more leeway in giving them weirder attacks you wouldn't see anywhere else. I think that, without that, there is little to no 'incentive' for them to do anything weird or innovative other that just rehashing a mechanic that was hardly ever supported (Miracle Energy stands as the only form of specialized Shining Pokemon support) and was only really a marketing tool for a set that didn't have much going for it (the Neo 3 and 4 Shinings. Don't quote me on this regarding Gold Stars).

Last edited:
Back