News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

Generations ETB go for crazy amounts. I honestly might get one of these just to keep it sealed...
That's why I got a sealed copy of every GEN product (with the exception of the EU Charizard, Pikkachu, and Blastoise boxes and the Super Premium collection) ;)
Pretty sure no Masked Royal Full Art.Japnese Full Art is limited to 100 copies and you had to win a store tournament to get it. Maybe regular Masked Royal.
Why wouldn't they release it in the US, it's a similar case to the Legendary/Mythical Dream Shine collections Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal cards which were insanely hard to pull in Japan, but were tin promos in the west

That's why I got a sealed copy of every GEN product (with the exception of the EU Charizard, Pikkachu, and Blastoise boxes and the Super Premium collection) ;)

Why wouldn't they release it in the US, it's a similar case to the Legendary/Mythical Dream Shine collections Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal cards which were insanely hard to pull in Japan, but were tin promos in the west

It'll hopefully pay off. I expect this set will be expensive too

Big difference between hard to pull cards and limited to 100. Both cards you quoted are $50-$75, were almost $100 at the time, this is a $1,500-$2,000 card.

What is the point of a trophy if you just reprint it as a cheap card in another set? Also, there is no stamp/writing saying it's a event winning promo, so a reprint would be identical.

I guess you could get a Full Art version with different art.

To put it in perspective this card is like the 297/xy-p Suzukisan and M Sachiko EX 298/xy-p or the Art Academy cards. None of which have been reprinted in English or Japanese for the English Art Academy versions. Since no limited to 100 card has been reprinted from at least XY I would use history for the future until it changes.

Sence tgwy giving stores special release dates if tgey do prerelese aka the 100 box they can sell a month before walmart n such. Will hoho box be same

Big difference between hard to pull cards and limited to 100. Both cards you quoted are $50-$75, were almost $100 at the time, this is a $1,500-$2,000 card.

What is the point of a trophy if you just reprint it as a cheap card in another set? Also, there is no stamp/writing saying it's a event winning promo, so a reprint would be identical.

I guess you could get a Full Art version with different art.

To put it in perspective this card is like the 297/xy-p Suzukisan and M Sachiko EX 298/xy-p or the Art Academy cards. None of which have been reprinted in English or Japanese for the English Art Academy versions. Since no limited to 100 card has been reprinted from at least XY I would use history for the future until it changes.
Those promos you listed wouldn't make sense outside of Japan, but my point was it's possible for them to take a rare card and make it easier to get in other languages

Here's hoping that this being SM3+ means that our SM4 onwards is going to be the main set plus the SM+ set, as opposed to the main set and the previous set's + set.

I may want that in my deck as well. Good cards to get around safeguard effects and a good ability. Combos well with Kiawe.

Maybe off topic but when can we get more information as to what pokemon will be in the pin collections. Only Pikachu, Mewtwo and I think Zoroark and one of the Tapu will be in these boxes. Also how many of these pin collections will there be?

I bought a booster box of the Japanese set and they are STUNNING. I managed to pull a rainbow rare Raichu, a Mewtwo, Raichu, and Entei GX and got a shiny Genesect and Rayquaza. Seriously wanted to buy another box but never did. Can't wait for the English sets!

I was wondering if the venusaur ability apply both way (so if you have 2 grass energy card attached to a pokemon, is it count as 2 or 4 when gardevoir attack you??)

Back