News Japan's First 2019 Sets: 'Night Unison,' 'Full Metal Wall'

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
*Reads info*
If true, "Oh boy"
On the other hand, if Dark Order's teaser info is any indication, I'm going to take this info with a grain of salt, best course of action.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
There's no way TPCI would make a card that lets you take 6 prizes at once without it being complete trash. As for the dedenne GX, we needed a new draw staple once lele rotates next year, and I'm glad that they are going for draw instead of search this time

If this is a draw pokemon w/ a better version of shaymin-EX's ability, nowadays, it could serve to compliment the new search staple, Magcargo from Celestial Storm(its ability effect was only on a Stage 2 in shaymin-EX's time, making it hard to pull off then because it required a Rare Candy to pull off, but Magcargo is a stage 1, so the effect is easier to pull off now, but... ), and that would lead to a near-broken combo... Near-broken because of the ability-busting Weavile from Burning Shadows, insufficient HP on the end of the Magcargo(The GX obviously has to have a high amount of HP, or else why would it be a GX?), which also requires evolving from Slugma in order to make it one BEFORE you can use it, among other factors that ensure the combo can more easily be busted by other cards' attacks than being truly broken... If the combo is busted, and you have either but not both ends of combo, your draws won't be as efficient, and there's no guarantee you'll get the card you wish before your foe does...

^ Amazing idea, but at this time, take it as a grain of salt, because if it's true, one has to wonder: "is the ability broken if and as long as a stage 1 or lower ability-based searcher is in the format?"

Last edited:

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I was enjoying the slower format and Dedenne GX better have only like 100 HP and be an Electric type to make it somewhat balanced. Cards like Alolan Muk will start seeing some play just to shut that thing down.

PokemonProGX

Aspiring Trainer
It will be better if dedenne -Gx to be exactly like shaymin ex, draw until six, is better then discard and draw six in most decks.

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
Wow. Not without downsides - low HP likely, Lele an option for less aggressive decks, and if we're still in the shrine/spread meta it's a sitting duck, but... still wow. Seems like we got a new format-shaping staple.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah true. But Pikachu/Zekrom is pretty broken as it stands.
I don't think Pika/Zekrom is very good. It's only good if it take 4+ prizes which requires too much time and effort to do that it will probably get KO'ed most of the time first.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Draw power that doesn't come from a supporter is rare in this game. This is a Sycamore in Pokemon form. Personally I don't see myself running it since I don't play a whole lot of Aggro or Turbo decks. If it were a Shaymin EX, this would be run in everything.

DeadDraw

Draw -> Pass
Noob here, can someone explain how this is good?
Abilities that draw cards in the TCG are almost always really good; it's the main reason why Zoroark-GX decks have been consistently winning tournaments ever since the card was released (Zoroark has an Ability that allows you to discard a card from your hand and draw 2 cards, in case you didn't know). It gives you the chance to draw into the cards you need at any given time without using a draw supporter for the turn such as Cynthia or Lillie. Abilities that allow you to draw cards as soon as you play the Pokemon onto the bench are especially good since it means that search cards such as Ultra Ball can be used to give you instant card draw as long as you have room on the bench.

DeadlyBee111

Aspiring Trainer
that pheramosa buzz tag team sounds broken, takign 6 prizes in one turn ? please make it be a meme like Guzzlord otherwise this game might be really wierd