News Japan's First 2019 Sets: 'Night Unison,' 'Full Metal Wall'

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
im not sure this is as good as people are making it out to be ... will be an obviously good aggro archetype in expanded, w/ compressor/patch/elixir it will swing 210+ on turn 2 consistently and can tank a hit from just about anything.

can't make it work in my head in standard though. even if you could get the gx attack to work turn 2 consistently, most decks rn can hit 120+ turn 2 on, so you'd most likely be going down 3 prizes to start off the game. so you would only be able to come back against gx decks that can't OHKO you. autoloss anything fighting, struggle against the aggression of blacephalon or vikaray or even a malamar running hot, lose to one prizers that 2 shot you (granbull, lost march). it's good against zoroark and gardevoir probably, because they will really struggle to chain KO's, but the combination of lack of speed, bad weakness, and 3 prize liability seems pretty easy to counter overall.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
This could make Tyranitar - GX playable! This is perhaps the first Tag Team GX I'm somewhat interested in playing!
Give me a reason why Tyranitar can make this good? Throw an opponent Pokémon to the Lost Zone when KOed by Tyranitar, 130 and 30 to the bench, 220 and ignore everything. Where's the Synergy for that?
  • Greninja & Zoroark TTGX - or I should say, K & N TTGX (Big fan here!) You have Darkrai, both of the Darkrais, you have Dark Incineroar, you have ways to accel energy to smash. Buzzwole weakness lets it down. 4 Geodudes

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Why wouldn’t it work for DCE? It says two energy cards not two energies or basic energies
Dark Pulse specifically states that it only counts Dark energies. DCE counts as Colorless, and before you ask, Colorless energies don't contribute to Dark Pulse's damage.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
oh no
oh no!
OH NO!

Hits 240 with 6 energy and a Choice Band, A.K.A. VERY EASILY.
Has 250 HP.
Sets up Stage 2s like *that.*
Sets up its own attack like *that.*
Basic.

Hey, it’s weak to fighting! There is salvation!
...Weakness policy!
...Oh boy!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Give me a reason why Tyranitar can make this good? Throw an opponent Pokémon to the Lost Zone when KOed by Tyranitar, 130 and 30 to the bench, 220 and ignore everything. Where's the Synergy for that?

GX attack puts two Tyranitar GX to the bench, and powers then up to boot.

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
A standard remake of kinda Darkai EX from Breakpoint....
but more HP and More prize and some usefulness.

DaLoc

Aspiring Trainer
this is a really good card even without max elixir in format. but i can't help but ask what is the red slash in the art for

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
DARKRAI IS BACK BOYS
Seriously though, this card is going to be beast in expanded. Dont know about standard though. It doesnt say D basic so maybe paired with either Zoroark, Tyranitar, Hoopa or Incineroar?
with expanded i will be using mew, marshadow, with dimension vally. since this has 250hp, its pretty hard to take down, unless you have fighting deck of course.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Just when the new Incineroar GX looked good, it just gets better. Not sure Ninja/Zoroark will be better with it than Tales but this looks promising at least in expanded with Life Dew and Black Market prism stadium as options.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
It is time to...
SM4_EN_63.png

Eat Sloppily

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
If I were building this in standard, Alolan Marowak would be my go to way to set up. A little slow but it gives you two extra energy attachments. Plus you have Darkrai Prism Star.

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Also could use a Dragon Pokemon and a double dragon energy in expanded. Each double dragon energy is an extra 60. Plus max exilir and dark patch you can hit big quick.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
oh no
oh no!
OH NO!

Hits 240 with 6 energy and a Choice Band, A.K.A. VERY EASILY.
Has 250 HP.
Sets up Stage 2s like *that.*
Sets up its own attack like *that.*
Basic.

Hey, it’s weak to fighting! There is salvation!
...Weakness policy!
...Oh boy!
Sometimes you need Choice Band over that. Play Atk Deoxys to cover that weakness.
It is time to...
SM4_EN_63.png

Eat Sloppily

It nvr won a tournament. Forget that thing.

EpicShonenGuy

Aspiring Trainer
If you wanna go really crazy like a madman pair this with Incineroar GX, Naganadel, Darkrai GX and Darkrai Prism star it sounds clunky but then again a deck with 4 stage two's in one deck can win tournaments so yeah...