News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Man, imagine cracking a pack, seeing that shiny golden border and then getting a Missing Clover. I'd never open another booster.

The Ultimate Umbreon

To Ultra space and beyond!
So that is 6 out of 10 GX cards for ultra prism. Also, if our SM5 set has the SM4+ full arts that will mean we have 9 full art trainers.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Staple FAs go for about 50 just look at Guzma
Actually the prices never stay the same. Guzma is down to $44/$45. The week before official release and after prerelease, the FA Cynthia's price will probably be very high. But until the actual card comes out the value will change on the day of release. It will change again when the card becomes legal to play after the 3 week grace period. Another example would be Tapu Lele. It used to be $65 for the normal art and now it fluctuates between $45-$50. And the Hyper Rare used to be about $90. Now the value is $70/$75. It is all about the playability.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
pal pad reprint, :) Nice way to recover some supporter
It is very nice that Pal Pad is coming back. It's going to be good for players that still have the first printing. I still have mine also. Plus it can be a great combo for Tapu Lele GX if it's done correctly.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
That Leafeon is gorgeous. I really like that artwork, but I'm not sure if it's as good as Leafeon LV.X's. It's easily the best art we've had for Leafeon since then, at least.
I really really liked the LV.X art of Leafeon and Glaceon. One of the best looking Eeveelutions I have.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
I wish we got secret rare shiny sinnoh starters instead of the Rainbow rare cards that are so boring... (or missing clover)

F4H_Jay

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I would think we can expect pheramosa gx, xuritree gx, and celestela gx FA and RR as well. Similar to what happened with Tapu Bulu GX getting a FA and RR in Burning shadows after being a promo.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
What happened to that Torterra? Did translation miss something or did Torterra lose 80 damage when it came to America? Has it gone soft? Is it afraid to fight? TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON!!!

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
ignoring necrozma and prism Pokemon (which have a pretty hefty energy cost) we seem to be moving more towards an evolved meta. and with mew you can hit 130 on non-evolved too. i might make this deck for kicks

I'm a rebel just for kicks, I been doin' dis since 1966... Thanks for getting that back in my head...

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Staple FAs go for about 50 just look at Guzma
That's... not quite how it works.

It's just basic "Supply and Demand."
You can't sell a card for $50, if no one wants to pay $50 for it.

Some numbers on current staples:
  • Brigette - $19.47
  • Sycamore - $18.65
  • Guzma - $40.02
  • N (XY alt) - $33.86
Now, these cards are listed in chronological order.
With the exception of N, their prices are in order as well.
N's price is lower because:
  1. It's in a collection, so it's easier to obtain
  2. There was already a full art N, so there's less demand for this one

This is because, people who want the FAs, already bought them.
Now, they've lowered it, so they can sell to the people who were hesitant about the high price.

People still want Guzma FAs, so it's still a high price, but not as high as it once was.

Cynthia's price will be dependent on what people are willing to pay for it.
There are rare cases, where the love for a card/character can keep the price high, as people consistently buy it at that price; not sure if that will be the case here though.

It will likely start around $45-50, and drop overtime to about $25, once all the fanatics have bought their copy.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
That's... not quite how it works.

Cynthia's price will be dependent on what people are willing to pay for it.
There are rare cases, where the love for a card/character can keep the price high, as people consistently buy it at that price; not sure if that will be the case here though.

It will likely start around $45-50, and drop overtime to about $25, once all the fanatics have bought their copy.

what i fear is a shaymin situation myself.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
the Palkia RR looks better than the full art because the background for the full art is a disgusting.

Etunes

Aspiring Trainer
I can only say one thing. I AM SO HAPPY THERE IS LESS GX SR. I mean for collecting it is ridiculous the amount they have normally. I do wish they would switch up the type of SR though. I liked the Shiny idea of the starter pokemon (Infernape, Torterra, and Empoleon).

But either way its nice to get a break. Love the FA trainers