News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Where are Blacephalon, Stakataka and Naganadel? We were promised 10 GX's, including 5 UB's?

Dusk Mane Necrozma
Dawn Wings Necrozma
FA Celesteela GX
FA Xurkitree GX
FA Pheramosa GX

Glaceon GX
Leafeon GX
Dialga GX
Palkia GX
???

I'm sure people are going to complain, but I really think the 3 UBs that haven't been confirmed yet are the full arts of the UB promos we currently have. That would make the most sense at this point because if we were going to get Blacephalon, Stakataka, and Naganadel they would've shown up here. Since the only cards that haven't shown up are some remaining full arts, it just makes sense. I will say the only unknown is that 10th GX. No clue about that.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
There's a lot of cute things in this set; Glaceon GX piques my interest most and the new Alolan Sandslash could make for a silly pet deck, as well as Garchomp/Lucario/Cynthia. Some neat non-GX fires, too.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
This set should have gotten the name "Metal Invasion". With this decent support of "one set decks" it will be interesting to see the impact it brings.

Cameron Shenoy

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I'm not sure if many of these Ultra Prisms cards are playable. Especially the energy card. i guess at worst its just a Rainbow but pulling off it's requirements for 4 rainbow is quite hard. Typically if you set up 3 stage 2s you're already in a dominant board state. I guess this would just be the nail in the coffin for the opponent.

Ryn7321

real magnet hours
Pretty sure that Pal Pad is gonna be incredibly viable, with Lele in standard you can play Pal Pad and then just Wonder Tag one of the supporters you shuffled in. Order Pad could potentially be usable to grab Pal Pads, but likely won't see much play. I'm anticipating Pal Pad, Mysterious Fossil, Order Pad, and maybe the dumb skateboard as secret rares. Maybe the secret rare unit energies also? (Also quite hopeful we'll see a full arts or secret rares for prism stars, the art is mediocre for most of them.)

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Is the translation for torterra wrong? The card clearly says 180 on it for the second attack, not 100.

That sounds really petulant. Thanks for the translations, just wondering.

Pal pad makes Garchomp less awful in standard, but you'll probably need to run 4 lele's with it. Even then, that 3 attack cost seems like a lot when Empoleon is staring at you ready to hit 200 for only a counter energy.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Is the translation for torterra wrong? The card clearly says 180 on it for the second attack, not 100.

That sounds really petulant. Thanks for the translations, just wondering.

Pal pad makes Garchomp less awful in standard, but you'll probably need to run 4 lele's with it. Even then, that 3 attack cost seems like a lot when Empoleon is staring at you ready to hit 200 for only a counter energy.
Don't forget Lucario can grab anything from the deck if you have Garchomp up.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Fan Club is a big troll to people who want babies to return by featuring Bonsly :( We haven't had any babies since CoL

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
  • Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon - Max of 120with a full bench for 2 isn't enough to OHKO Big decks, except Fire Decks. 3 Geodudes
@Mr. Rhyperior i think you read it wrong
Its 20 Damage times the number of EACH players benched pokemon (both yours and your opponents). So 5 benched pokemon per person for a total of 10 benched pokemon possible, so max 230 damage with a choice band. And this is a viable deck with captivating poke puff (so yay?)

Registeel379

Aspiring Trainer
Dusk Mane Necrozma
Dawn Wings Necrozma
FA Celesteela GX
FA Xurkitree GX
FA Pheramosa GX

Glaceon GX
Leafeon GX
Dialga GX
Palkia GX
???

I'm sure people are going to complain, but I really think the 3 UBs that haven't been confirmed yet are the full arts of the UB promos we currently have. That would make the most sense at this point because if we were going to get Blacephalon, Stakataka, and Naganadel they would've shown up here. Since the only cards that haven't shown up are some remaining full arts, it just makes sense. I will say the only unknown is that 10th GX. No clue about that.

Yes, but they have already released as full arts in GX Battle Boost ???

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
Isn't random reciever in standard?
If you only play Cynthia you can really easy grab her. ;)

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
....Sorry - that Passimian is broken. To explain:

3 Ability Passimian on the Bench, one Teamplay Passimian Active, plus Choice Band does 220 Damage. Add a Regirock-EX, and that KO's Gardevior-GX.

All with one meager DCE.

The biggest part is how quick this could set up: With Brooklet Hill, Brigette, Dex Rotom, etc., this could easily OHKO GX basics turn one, all while only giving up one Prize if struck back. Of course, one Rescue Stretcher brings back the attacker to reuse.

Because of that, this impending strategy reminds me too much of Night March. Prepare to see Alolan Muk appear. >_>