News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

I actually want to try this out with 4 of the Lurantis Promo. Going second on turn 1, energy evolution into Leafeon GX, Brigette 3 Fomantis, maybe get a 4th with Nest Ball, then grand bloom. Next turn you're potentially hitting for 190 assuming you get the DCE, 220 if you're against a GX and have Choice Band. Also makes Hala pretty good as draw support.

Edit: Could this make some Mega Pokemon relevant again? I wanna say no, but I'm not sure.

Edit 2: lol saw someone beat me to the gimmick Sunny Day Lurantis strategy.

Last edited:
  • Leafeon-GX - There are ways to make this work on T1. 1.) Put Eevee (SM) on the active 2.) Attach a Grass Energy and it evolves into Leafeon-GX 3.) Use Ball-Lele-Brigette method 4.) Use the GX attack in the early game. Perfect set up Pokemon. 4 Geodudes

Is it just me, or do the Eeveelution GXs seem rather... underwhelming? I mean, aside from Espeon, which was great at best, everything else has seemed rather disappointing.

I will admit, the GX attack is rather good, but overall, it seems kinda weak...

Is it just me, or do the Eeveelution GXs seem rather... underwhelming?

Not really? All of them have been part of high tier competitive decks at one point or another. Even Umbreon took at least one top 16 placing iirc.

This card is pretty good, but also situational. It's good for Decidueye, the preponderance of Guzma and float stone will let you get mileage out of that ability. I think Zoroark is probably the better choice though given that it can hit the 180 mark with one arrow while Leafeon only hits 170.

Then there's also potential fun deck that someone already mentioned with x4 Lurantis promo, but you can't quite pull off an OHKO on Garde with the deck, and there are much more consistent, lower investment options on that front.

While we're on the topic of fun decks, use this in expanded with Jolteon/Vaporeon AOR and Rough Seas for some serious heals. With float stones you could even get two of these off per turn on top of your 30 heal on all stage 1s. Too bad Lana applies to water energies and not water types, or you could have another 50.

I can't wait to try this in my healing Lapras deck for it's ability. It's already fun to play because some turns it's just ridiculous how much I can heal off with the right hands, but Leafeon's ability should be a great addition if I rework the deck structure a bit

This card doesn't look like much on its own but omg it combos so well with alot of Pokémon already doing well in the meta.....that 110 damage looks a lot better with multiple Decidueye GX on the bench...also that GX move would make Hala soooo good

I like this card a lot! It has the same regular attack as Lycanroc Midnight, which is fine, an excellent ability and that GX attack for 1 energy is perfect!

I could see someone playing this in a Golisapod GX deck. Bridgett 3 Wimpod, 2 and 1 Zoroa for Zoroark or Trubish and get them evolved going 2nd. Yeah you used the GX from Leafeon but you also managed to pull up to 3 evolutions in in move. Thats good enough for testing IMO.

Nice card. It can be the core of a fast beatdown deck with either Lurantis or Decidueye GX. Start with Eevee and use Bridgette to search out Fomatis or Rowlett. Attach a Basic Grass Energy onto Eevee and evolve into Leafeon to use Grand Bloom GX. This will evolve the bench to assist Leafeon GX and activate Hala at the same time. With assistance from Lurantis or Decidueye its main attack will hit sufficiently hard on the second turn and the deck should be insanely consistent. There is a ton of deck thinning going on turn one and the deck can even run a stable ten draw supporter by abusing Hala as an additional stable draw engine. The downside is that Fire is a terrible weakness with Volcanion decks and Fire Memory for Silvally GX around the corner and it is also based on abilities. The latter part means that Weavile will hit it hard and Garbodor can shut it down temporarilty. The latter issue can be resolved with three to four Field Blower. At first glance there is not much the deck can do against the other two weaknesses.

Not sure about Leafeon GX since there doesn't seem to be a consensus, but in some sense, one can be grateful for a non-competitive Eeveelution – cards like Leafeon will have strong demand from collectors to start with, and then if competitive players build a demand for it as well, it could become very expensive on the aftermarket.

Can you actually Bridgette then use the Gx attack because is say "counts as evolving" so in that right you wouldn't be able to evolve then basices you just put down with bridette?

Can you actually Bridgette then use the Gx attack because is say "counts as evolving" so in that right you wouldn't be able to evolve then basices you just put down with bridette?
Well for one this is just a fan translation. When we get the official english text it may be different

Also Diance says its evolves with its attack and that works fine

Back