News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Wow Luxray could be decent! If you go second, you item lock Turn 1: if not Volkner for Candy for Luxray turn 2.

Unless I'm wrong...

I'm so sorry, It may be premature to cite rulings of unreleased cards like Luxray, but as Shrine of Memories cannot look back at Stage 1 attacks if you skip Stage 1 by rare candy, that means one can assume, but not 100% confirm, that if you want to lock w/ Luxray, you need Luxio in order to use the effect...

^ If the above is true, then Shining Celebi's ability should NOT work w/ Rare Candy+Luxray. You more than likely need to evolve Shinx manually/Wally to Luxio first for reference purposes...

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Unless I'm wrong...

I'm so sorry, It may be premature to cite rulings of unreleased cards like Luxray, but as Shrine of Memories cannot look back at Stage 1 attacks if you skip Stage 1 by rare candy, that means one can assume, but not 100% confirm, that if you want to lock w/ Luxray, you need Luxio in order to use the effect...

^ If the above is true, then Shining Celebi's ability should NOT work w/ Rare Candy+Luxray. You more than likely need to evolve Shinx manually/Wally to Luxio first for reference purposes...
Could you just manually evolve into Luxio and then wally for the luxray on turn one going second? If so that will make this MUCH better.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
I don't get paid until midnight. But you can be sure that i'll be online tonight to snatch up a couple of shining Celebi cards, and a couple of Luxray breaks which are worth less than £2.00 at the moment.

Yes its essentially stage 3 card, but your giving your self 170 hp, instead of Luxrays 150 hp. plus you keep its ability to reduce damage done to it by 30, and you can still attack with Luxios attack as long as shining Celebi is in play.

Gonna pair this with Trashalance garbodor, because if the opponents can't play their item cards, they will try to discard them all with sycamore, feeding garbodor's damage output.

the mirror match will be interesting.

Origamist74

Aspiring Trainer
Man this is looking to be a pretty good deck. Combine with koko to help with snipe and celebi for item lock,and u got a fun deck. Pokémon must feel bad after the movie.

LatiosKing2216

Likes creative Pokemon stuff
That Luxio definitely looks powerful on paper. I'd love to give it a try, since I am a fan of the Luxray line, but I do hope that this crazy item lock doesn't get too out of hand. Not even Garbodor will save you for long since they can prevent you from playing tools and field blower your float stones.

Waplozes

*Trumpeting Peaks*
Is there a way besides Vikavolt to make this strategy more sustainable? Having 2 or 3 L energies in the discard after each attack would be kinda bad w/o it. There has to be a way, though, because this WILL NOT be teched into VikaBulu.

CESit

Aspiring Trainer
The biggest problem this deck has is 30 damage output is pretty awful in this current format with all of these bulky things around. You could get it to 60 with choice (or I guess 70-80ish with barb + viper) - but that means you take forever to KO anything while they can outpressure you often in return.

skawt

boop
This Eevee is adorable but will see 0 use as we are forced to use the SuMo derp one until it rotates out lol.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
HOLY WOWZAS
It's the bestous of the asbestos
Bestous than the restous
You beta whish you never mestous
With Luxio.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Small detail: Intimidation Fang debuffs damage BEFORE weakness and resistance. This is huge. Buzzwole does 0 to Luxray without a Strong Energy or Fury Belt.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
going over my first thought to use trashalance garbodor with luxio/ luxray. iv'e been thinking of more of the mirror match and came up with some fun little tech cards...

Luxray Break: 20 more hp, and a fun finishing attack, if you can get the energy onto him.

Promo Giratina: if your against another luxray deck. they might have luxray break. consider this card to completely wall them.

Stunfisk from shining legends: its a fighting type Pokemon, so you hit for weakness, and only worth 1 prize card, and all its attack costs need lightning energy. also paralysis on a coin flip and doing 30 is super annoying as a stall tactic. against luxray, your still doing 30, even with weakness, because the ability negates 30 damage. we all saw how a froakie won a match at worlds this year by getting bubble hax and decking the opponent out.

Lycanrock GX from guardians rising: fighting type, to hit for weakness. with blood thirsty eyes your basically replicating how the original Luxray GL LV. X worked with flash ray by bringing an opponents bench Pokemon active. playing this card will mean switching your decks energy to fighting energy. good thing luxio needs colourless to attack.

Tapu Koko GX. if you have enough energy on the board you can drop a koko and go to town.