News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Otaku

The wise fool?
The cyrus mistranslation has been thoroughly discussed.

The current english print is not a correct translation of the japanese text, so they will likely issue an errata soon.
If they don't errata the Japanese version of the card. They issued an errata for Galvantula before pre releases happened. AFAIK that was the last major mistranslation like this and it was corrected way faster.

As a fraud*, I have to take the word of the many translators that the previous translation was accurate... and I believe them. However, like @RedSuinit, I wonder if the change is intentional. Are they not issuing an errata ASAP because they find it embarrassing, are afraid it will hurt sales, want to make sure they don't mess it up again, etc.? Or is it because the change is intentional or the error was with the Japanese card?

Given how it was never given an errata, even though it had to be banned, even after WotC lost the license and Nintendo/TPCi took over, Slowking (Neo Genesis) remains "wrong" to this day... which is why I believe it was intentionally changed by WotC to combat the Trainer-heavy metagame but backfired spectacularly.

Regardless, seems like this would be worth an update and mention in the main article unless that has also been goofed up by the board issues.

*I neither read nor speak Japanese. Keep meaning to get around to learning, but not only am I a slacker, I worry much of what I enjoy won't be as much "fun" if I understand the language. ;)

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone know how much FA Celesteela is worth? Because the regular one is already 20$ maybe the FA is valueable?
The regular one is only 20 because it's only found in a $40 box set. Now that it can be found in a booster set the price will go down drastically. The FA will probably go for the normal price FA go for around 10-15

Last edited:

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
I was pleasantly surprised by the 3-2-2 Garchomp line, since theme decks always have really terrible pyramid lines. Then I saw the 3-1 Lucario line and it was over.

Otaku

The wise fool?
Question... what is the source for the Cyrus [Prism Star] errata being worked on and released in a few weeks? This kind of blunder means I want the official text for reference ASAP, and 'tis the season for people to write articles on SM - Ultra Prism. ;) As such, just being able to say "Yeah, it is confirmed the Japanese version is correct and ours doesn't represent a future errata for them." is really helpful. XP

Flying_Emolga

>Double Team
With some modifications, Mach Strike is actually a great starter deck. The Cynthia and Garchomp alone are worth it. Too bad it will be replaced by the better [F] version. The economic player could buy two of these and a silvally gx box and make a decent deck. Not viable in tournaments but great for beginners.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Well, looks like I won't have to worry about Cyrus Prism very much. The card is just not good enough to warrent the deck space unless you are running a metal/water deck.

I'm not sure if this makes me happy, or sad.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
I attended my local stores' pre-release tournaments. When my friends pulled a Prism Star Cyrus from each of said tourneys. The cyrus card from one of the kits on Saturday stated: your active is a w or m pokemon.
Now at the saturday pre-release; the cyrus card from one of the boosters in my friend's kit stated: any of your w or m pokemon in play. It seems on the second event it was changed from active to any. Although, an errata may occur after the official release.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Theme Decks are the reason why those front cards like Empoleon and Garchomp non-holo rares in the set. Is it me or is the theme Deck runs one type of energy now?