News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Holy snap, that translation of Cyrus makes it a SIGNIFICANTLY better card.
Yeah, escpecially for metal decks, i run Solgaleo/Metagross myself. it's going to be changed after i get some of these cards. In my opinion, the mistranslation, wouldn't of affected the pre-release tournaments in my home town that much. since some of us will be going after the steel cards to make decks. But i am glad someone caught this before the pre-release tournaments coming up this weekend and 2 more next week.

Yeah, escpecially for metal decks, i run Solgaleo/Metagross myself. it's going to be changed after i get some of these cards. In my opinion, the mistranslation, wouldn't of affected the pre-release tournaments in my home town that much. since some of us will be going after the steel cards to make decks. But i am glad someone caught this before the pre-release tournaments coming up this weekend and 2 more next week.

IF the guys behind Pokebeach are right, keyword there is IF, it won't matter unless TCPi issues an errata, or caught this before English cards went to print.

Lol you'd think after they had that whole problem with Neo Genesis Slowking, they'd check every card at least twice to make sure it keeps the requirement of being active. I'm not complaining, though. This is going to be hilarious if it actually is like this.

Cyrus+Plea is gonna destroy things. Garde is back.
Using Cyrus first then Plea GX. The pokemon that's active would be metal or water. and you would have to retreat it for a fully charged Sylveon GX to use plea gx. This combo would be great if pulled off. But cant be done if you don't use any water or steel types in Gardevoir. Such as Alolan Vulpix with beacon and/or Abyssal Hand Octillery. It also depends on your start-up and match up. Either way, i don't believe this would make gardevoir good again as Cyrus is a Prism Star card and will go into the lost zone after use. And the combo would be difficult to pull off. IMO

Using Cyrus first then Plea GX. The pokemon that's active would be metal or water. and you would have to retreat it for a fully charged Sylveon GX to use plea gx. This combo would be great if pulled off. But cant be done if you don't use any water or steel types in Gardevoir. Such as Alolan Vulpix with beacon and/or Abyssal Hand Octillery. It also depends on your start-up and match up. Either way, i don't believe this would make gardevoir good again as Cyrus is a Prism Star card and will go into the lost zone after use. And the combo would be difficult to pull off. IMO

Your statement assumes that the guys at pokebeach are right and that the card has been mistranslated by TCPi. If they are wrong, the combo will be easy as pie to pull off.

IF the guys behind Pokebeach are right, keyword there is IF, it won't matter unless TCPi issues an errata, or caught this before English cards went to print.
Your statement assumes that the guys at pokebeach are right and that the card has been mistranslated by TCPi. If they are wrong, the combo will be easy as pie to pull off.
We are right, the text is right there in Pokemon Black & White and says the W/M Pokemon has to be Active. We obviously would have quadruple-checked our translation before claiming TPCi mistranslated their own card.

The questions now are 1) did that version of the card image make it to print and if so 2) what will they do about it.

Cyrus = WTF with your translation
Dawn Necrozma will replace Keldeo EX as Rush In pokemon (not affected by Wobbuffet)

We are right, the text is right there in Pokemon Black & White and says the W/M Pokemon has to be Active. We obviously would have quadruple-checked our translation before claiming TPCi mistranslated their own card.

The questions now are 1) did that version of the card image make it to print and if so 2) what will they do about it.
last mistake was evolutions electrode right? and i cant remember a mistake before that other than from the wizards of the coast era.

That will be interesting to see. I imagine it will just be an errata.

Has there ever been an instance where a translation error from Japanese to English hasn't received an errata?

That will be interesting to see. I imagine it will just be an errata.

Has there ever been an instance where a translation error from Japanese to English hasn't received an errata?
as far as i know not since pokemon took over from wizards of the coast

Post updated. We’re certain TPCi mistranslated it. It should only work if your Active Pokemon is a Water or Metal-type, not if you have any Water or Metal-type Pokemon in play. If this is true, they will probably issue an errata at some point. This would be the first major mistranslation by TPCi in a long time.

There is a rules announcement tomorrow. according to their site so that could be it.

Us: HA HA CYRUS YOU SUCK

Cyrus: I was mistranslated.

Us: Reads new translation.

Cyrus: *Glares*

Us: Uhhh, we can talk this out; right?

Back