Contest January 2021 CaC: New Year, New Type (Sign-ups Open!)

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by Jabberwock, Jan 1, 2021.

1. IggyKoopa849 Aspiring Trainer
    IggyKoopa849

I have a question; for my custom card, I found some really good art, but I can't find the artist. I tried Google Image Search, but there are hundreds of results for the same image. Should I use the image?

2. Jabberwock #Jovimohnaeliackvid
    Jabberwock

Forum Mod Member

No, you'll need to know who to credit, as well as permission from the artist if the art isn't in the public domain.

Some other folks here might be able to help you find the artist, though! Feel free to ask around here or on Discord. :)

3. PMJ happy thoughts
    PMJ

Articles Head Activities Staff Badges Staff Elite Member Advanced Member Member

4. never mind, im leaving text

time for my image faking debut!
    [​IMG]

i know some fonts might be off and some placements might be bad but whatever i expect that.
    using sunlava was annoying. I understand why people hate it now
    I think some of my fonts are bad, especially for illustrator and the evolves from. It's fine, im not going for the win anyway
    this was good and fun practice, i cant wait to see how i did

5. Charmaster:) The Cube Master, Charmander fan, & Lapras rider.
    Charmaster:)

This card makes no sense to me and I’m loving it! Can’t wait to see how someone could make this work! Oh wait...
    (Porygon Z + Team Yell Horn + Air Balloon (plus Orbeetle?))

The Last Shaymin likes this.
  6. haha, but then you deal with the coin flip from confused. I was thinking of ways to make it playable without having to use garbodor, and confusion was the first thing that came to mind. I guess its somewhat balanced because of that coin flip, it would be super op if it could just attack without it

then again, it does get to survive all attacks for free, basically. the opponent would need a pokemon with free retreat to attack it, which i guess a lot of decks has access to. I wanted to make it kinda broken but not too broken. even though the blank is S&M its balanced for SSH, by the way

7. Adam Ryder Aspiring Trainer
    Adam Ryder

I apologise. I'll be backing out of this one.

8. Jabberwock #Jovimohnaeliackvid
    Jabberwock

Forum Mod Member

Glad to have you in image, TLS! Broadening horizons is always cool. :D

As a note, I'm still going to count this as an edit (and hence [-2 points] from the final score), both since you edited the text-based entry before switching categories, and since we'd usually count a switching of categories as a functional change in entry in most circumstances anyway.

CardPone and The Last Shaymin like this.
  9. 100% expected.

like i said again, please judge this as a swsh card, not a sun and moon card even though its on a sun and moon blank lol

CardPone likes this.
  10. 47bennyg Hmmmm
    47bennyg

Took inspiration for the Psychic typing based on the fact that all three of the beasts learn Calm Mind and Extrasensory on Level Up, as well as inspiration from their general gimmick in the games for their GX attack.

Raikou & Entei & Suicune GX — 280 HP — [P]
    Basic — TAG TEAM

[P][C][C] Extrasensory: 100+
    If you have the same number of cards in your hand as your opponent, this attack does 100 more damage.

[P][P][P] Roaming Beasts GX
    Discard this Pokémon and all cards attached to it. Then, your opponent reveals their hand. Choose 3 cards you find there. Your opponent shuffles those cards face-up into their deck. When your opponent draws one of the face-up cards, choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon and place 15 damage counters on it. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

TAG TEAM rule: When your TAG TEAM is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

weakness: [P]×2
    resistance:
    retreat: 2

The Last Shaymin likes this.
  11. Stalltar Aspiring Trainer
    Stalltar

In for text

bbninjas likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?