Writing Jake's Fire Red Nuzlocke Journey (Ch 4: Brock You Like a Hurricane!)

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
Hello fellow Beachers! Was pondering on how and where to start my Nuzlocke. So I decided to use my interest in writing stories and turn my Nuzlocke into a story. And what better way than to start with Gen 1. If you are interested in this, feel free to "Watch this thread", give input and feel free to make Nickname suggestions for all Gen1 FireRed Pokémon. Or a naming theme. Thanks for your time and will get things rolling as soon as possible. In the meantime, here is a sneak peek for the story that is to come.
"Darkness....ever flowing darkness. How did I get here??? Last I remembered I was at GameStop buying a Pokémon Fire Red game and once I powered on the game, a big flash and then...darkness..."

Minutes go by...which seems like hours, days, months going by...but...a voice...

"Hello, there! Glad to meet you! Welcome to the world of Pokémon!"

A middle aged man with a white coat, light brown hair throwing up a... "is that a Pokeball?" ...a Pokeball."

"My name is Oak."

"Am I....am I in the game?!?!!?"
And I will leave you with that. What do you think? Well you will have to stay tuned for the update. Hope you enjoy.

Once Upon a Time. Heh. Most fairy tales start out that way, don't they? Well I can tell you this. This isn't a fairy tale. More on a suspense level. Let me introduce myself. My name is Jake. No, not that Jake that turns into Animals and fights against alien parasites. The Jake you see sitting alone at the lunch table with his Game Boy advance. Not a care in the world on who is watching him. The Jake who is too shy to talk to a girl but will dedicate his whole life on his paper that is due the next day and always striving for extra credit to go to college. Possibly, but not sure.

I guess me writing this is a way to get things off my chest. My mom got me a journal to put down how I feel and thought it would help me with my ADD. Medicine prevents me from eating and sleeping. Well I am grateful that I have this journal because I would soon find out that a special edition of a Pokémon game remake changed my life. So I decided to post my recent events and happenings and fill you in on what happened. Thank you for coming along with me in my journey.

September 5, 2004 6:00 pm --- So this is weird. Mom got me a journal for my birthday. She thinks it'll help me with my ADD and get things off my chest since I won't talk to anyone. So here I am submitting my first journal entry. I swear journals and diaries are one in the same and this makes me feel weird but in a way it is making me feel more relaxed. I guess I will make an entry every once and awhile.

September 6, 2004 7:45 am --- On my way to school! Soooooo decided to bring my journal to school. I will DEFINITELY keep it secret (keep it safe!) so that I don't get criticize for having a "diary" It's a good thing I am all the way back in the bus to secretly write this. Better hide it fast.

September 6, 2004: 10:15 am --- Study hall. Good thing I did all my homework the night before and no need to worry about the test. So decided to write a quick entry. Over heard some of the guys in the geek club about the new Pokémon game that is coming out for Game Boy Advance in January. I was already sold but don't know all the details but all in all, it'll be great to get. Better save up money. So far I have $50 back at home. Definitely will keep that there to buy the new game at Hastings. Hopefully time will go by fast so that I can get home and do some research on my parents' computer. I will make an entry on how I feel about the game.

September 6, 2004 5:00 ok so....big things happened. Of course as usual after class, I get on the bus, get to my assigned seat and start up my Pokémon Ruby edition to get in the spirit of things. I wondered to myself, ' what could be so great about a new edition of Pokemon? Plus what's better than these graphics?' Anyways, so I get home, start up my parents' computer and search in Google: "New pokemon game for Game Boy Advance." What popped up made me so so happy. A remake. Of the classics. Blue and Red for the original Game Boy are being remade...into "Fire Red and Leaf Green?" I said out loud, and looking at the pictures. Showed updated and colorful portrayals of the Kanto region and even watched the Fire Red trailer. OMG!!!! Wait...did I just go OMG??? Ugh I can't believe I did. Back to reality dude. This is a journal. NOT a diary. I will be looking forward to this come January.

------3 days later-------

September 9, 2004. Time isn't needed for this update. Yo! Fire Red is upon us!!!! The hype is real! It's a good thing that it's a weekend and Game Stop was able to hold on to a copy for me. Plus no homework and no chores. Which means, Fire Red all day!!! So I get in line waiting impatiently but I knew the wait would be worth it. What seams like hours was just minutes and I was able to grab my Fire Red and run out of there to the bus stop to go home. So I will end this entry with a grin, and will make another telling you about this journey. See ya!

Date unknown: Ok...um...this is weird....
"Darkness....ever flowing darkness. How did I get here??? Last I remembered I was at GameStop buying a Pokémon Fire Red game and once I powered on the game, a big flash and then...darkness..." Minutes go by...which seems like hours, days, months going by...but...a voice...

A middle aged man with a white coat, light brown hair throwing up a... "is that a Pokeball?" ...a Pokeball.

"My name is Oak."

Well there is the first chapter. I don't have the best grammer skills, so bare with me and feel free to correct me so that I can make better grammer use. Lol. Until then.

Be good, be safe, behave, have fun.

Hello and good evening. (With this being sent late).

Having a little writer's block trying to figure out the recent events and how to explain it but I think I got it figured out. So here is another update. Feel free to ask questions or some input. Thank you and enjoy.

Chapter 2: New Friends

People affectionately refer to me as the POKeMON PROFESSOR.

Affectionately??? Ewwww No thanks.

This world...oh a Nidoran (F)!... is inhabited far and wide by creatures called Pokémon....

Yeah yeah I've heard this. Um...I tought I was playing game, but no Advance in my hands and no longer sitting on the bus stop. Whoah asking me if I am a boy or girl. Um....last I checked...Yes I am a boy. Jake's my name. Oh my rival??? I don't have any nemesis in school. I guess I will still with default tv show. Gary.

Jake! Your very own Pokémon legend is about to unfold. A world of Pokémon awaits! Let's go!

A beam of light shines through an open space and then engulfs me and...I am in a room...not mine...

Unknown date/time...Day 1?: So....um here I am in a child's room. Gazing at the TV in front of me. Oh an NES!!! Urg...can't play it. Figures. Of course a Potion in the PC. I sure hope I am not trap in here forever. No Power Button to turn it off. No save file either. Well I might as well enjoy this what it matters. I could be in a dream. I still have my book bag I was wearing. All that was left inside was the journal. Well time for me to head downstairs and go North to Route 1 to get stopped by Oak and get my starter. But which one should I pick? Well it's got to be Bulbasaur. Easy gym 1 and 2. Duh! I will write again after beating Gary. TTYL.

Entry 2, Mid Morning Day 1: Yep got stopped by Oak. "Mom" wasn't my mom just the game's as expected. But yeah so...I get in his lab and see all three Pokeballs and of course the scene with Oak and Gary unfolds and then I get to pick my starter. SO I look for Bulbasaur but I couldn't take Bulbasaur. A shock emits and prevents my hand from grabbing. Oak and Gary stare at me and don't look shocked. I tried to speak, but...my mouth won't move! I am not playing. I cannot speak and they don't seem to care. This is turning out to be weird and freaking me out. Oak finals speak up, Oh I've decided to alter my starter table and how to keep new starter trainers from avoiding Squirtle and Charmander and have the easy route for Bulbasaur and gives the other two more fairness. So I inputed a key card system that will determine your starter. Should be your Trainer ID card.

I pull out my wallet. and pull out the new ID with my avatar and the card. Oak grabs it and inserts it into the card reader. The machine reads back some number 10684. Squirtle. Oak picks up a Pokeball and hands it to me. Well I guess Squirtle can help me with Oak. Gary walks up to Bulbasaur and gets to pick Bulbasaur. NO CARD! WHAT GIVES!!!! I guess he gets to pick whatever he wants since he is the grandson of Oak. Grandson benefits. Once I picked Squirtle, I was prompted to give a Nickname to have a stronger bond with our friends. 'I never even thought about nicknaming my Pokémon,' I thought to myself. Do I just give them normal human names or something that would be unique? How about Squirt? Welcome to the team Squirt! So I leave and, of course, Gary wants us to try our new Pokémon out. So we battle it out.

Something weird happens. I call forth Squirt from his Pokeball and I hear a voice in my head, "Alright! Let's do this Jake! Time to take down his Bulbasaur!"

Um who said that?

"Who else??? It's me Squirt. The starter you chose."

You can understand me? And...a-and I can understand you! How?! How is that even possible?

"How else would it be possible. I guess we are connected somewhere with a bond and can talk to one another but only through our minds. Now let us focus on the main thing. Gary and his Bulbasaur."

All this time Squirt was staring down the Bulbasaur waiting for the move. I was still motionless and didn't know what to think of it. So I commanded Squirt to Tackle spam to knock out the Bulbasaur. Ok so I am not in Viridian City getting parts for Oak before given Pokeballs to start catching more Pokémon. I guess this is also an opportunity to get to know Squirt. This is actually turning out to be entertaining. I hope mom (my real mom in Kansas) is doing ok and not worried about me too much. I am not sure what time it is and if the time here is the same there. It's about late morning and close to noon. Man I am hungry. Guess I will head home (my fake home) and eat lunch with Squirt. I will see you all again after I get my team. Smell ya later! LOL!!!!

Day 1: Late Morning Entry 3: Soooo got more friends. We are in the Pokémon Center in Viridian City about to head west to face Gary. Had to do some major training. But we are just about ready to go. I now have Ratattack (Little fact about Rattata if you look it up), Kestral the Spearow near Gary's 1st rival battle and Pidge the Pidgey outside of Viridian Forest. So a lot of things happened while getting the new Pokemon.

Pokeballs are useless after 1 capture in each area. Every time I throw one to catch one after the 1st initial capture, the Pokeball just bounces off and lands on the ground. When I get into a new area I haven't been to, the Pokeball catches the Pokemon. Um...is something going on with this game and is it going to be like this throught the whole game? This is going to be hard if it is.

The other issue is that duplicates can't be captured. For example: Ratattack is my Rattata in my party. I encountered a Rattata on Route 2. Above it's head of a little symbol. A Pokeball. I think that is indicating that I already have a Rattata. So I think nothing of it and attempt to catch it. Same thing happens like before. The Pokeball bounces off and lands. Won't let me catch the Rattata.

Well Ratattack, you will be the only Rattata for me. No other Rattata can replace you.

Thanks Boss. I will make sure to be the top percentage of Rattata. I won't let you down."

Since when did you have a New York accent?

"What's a New York?"

*sigh* Never mind.

I then encounter a Pidgey on the second encounter and I don't own one so will it let me catch it? YEP!!! So that's a relief. Whew!

Lastly, Viridian Forest is closed. I can't go in to get a new Pokemon. Seems like an infestation inside and too dangerous to go in there. Will reopen as soon as they calmed down the encounter rate for safe travels. So I don't know what to do, except go face Gary so here I am writing to you to let you know that we are resting and getting ready to train for Gary. It seems Pidge and Kestral will be the main stars against his Pidgey and Bulbasaur (if they are sticking to the original Red version). So I will write to you again once I get to Pewter City. See ya then.

So what did you think? Good job explaing the dupes and one encounter per area??? So once I send this I will be starting on Chapter 3 that had me with a writer's block. So thank you for being patient and will see you all again. Take care and good night.

Can't remember when I last posted, um...July 11. Just looked up above at the previous post. lol. Thank you all for being patient and still trying to get the jist of posting and

making sure I am doing it the right now. Feel free to let me know if I am not and I will correct it. Any comments and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Enjoy!

:)

***Day 1, Entry 4: So I don't know where to start. Ratattack died. Plain and simple. It was during a match and I was training for Gary and a wild Pidgey knocked out Ratattack. Squirt knocked out the Pidgey and we went to Ratattack. We returned Ratattack back to his Pokeball but when he was in, the Pokeball glowed and disappeared. I looked at Squirt and he was afraid to look at me. I knew he was crying. Why are you crying Squirt? What happened? No response. Squirt! What happened?! Squirt turned to me and told me that Pokemon are able to feel one another's feelings and he knew that Ratattack died. Died from the Pidgey. I couldn't believe it. I know Pokemon die.

Look at Lavender Town's graveyard in the tower. But the game never show a Pokemon die. Sure there is the theory about Gary's Rattata from the S.S. Anne. That after the battle that his Rattata was so weak and that Gary couldn't get to a Pokemon Center in time to heal his Rattata and as a result it died. Now MY Rattata is dead. I wonder if he is at Lavender Tower. We will see.

Ratattack, you were a great friend. Even though we just met, you had quite the personality and wasn't afraid of anything. Sorry you had to go down against a measly Pidgey. Not you Pidge. You'll be the best of them all. I am glad to be there for you with Squirt and Kestral to help. With that, Kestral, Pidge and Squirt returned to their Pokeballs.

So we continue getting ready vs Gary. RIP Ratattack the Rattata.

****Day 1, Entry 5: So we were able to get through some training without any incidents. Kestral and Pidge used Ratattack's death as fuel for getting through the wild Pokémon and training up for Gary. So we healed up and went to Route 22 to face Gary. Of course he informs us we need to have gym badges to get through the Indigo Plateau to get to the Elite Four. He also challenge us to a battle to see if my Pokémon got any stronger. So here is how it played out. Pidge and the other Pidgey pretty much exchanged Gusts. Couldn't do Sand Attack do to their ability "Keen Eye" and here is where we get weird again. The game didn't let me switch out before his Bulbasaur so I was stuck with Pidgey, but I was able to send out Spearow after Bulbasaur came. Once Spearow was out, Bulbasaur attacked Spearow. So I am guessing we are in 'Set mode' and of course Kestral was in complete control over Bulbasaur. So Gary went his way, smelling us later. See you on the Nugget Bridge, Gary.

On the way back, there was a new sign posted just outside of Viridian City indicating the encounter route for Viridian Forest has now been adjusted to safe levels so it is time to heal up and go North and hopefully get a new friend. Before we go, however, time to stock up on supplies. More pokeballs, a potion and of course being safe in case we come across Weedle and Pikachu. Gen 1 remake so I am gonna assume walking while poisoned will lower my Pokémon's HP. Don't want that to be a way for my Pokémon to faint. What'll happen if my Pokémon faint? Will the same thing happen to them the way it happened to Ratattack? Don't want to think about it. Moving on. I will check back you in a bit.

****Day 1, Entry 6: Viridian Forest is more than what I expected. Yes it would probably be 16-bit graphics on the Advance, but in real life. It is remarkable. Sounds of Pokémon such as Weedle, Caterpie and a few Pikachu cries can be heard. Bug Catchers are roaming around the grass with their nets. Catching bugs. Little sun is beaming through the trees but enough to light the path to get through the forest. So let us start off Viridian Forest with a catch, shall we? A Kakuna....one of the two hardest Pokémon in Viridian Forest to train. Going to be a real...Struggle? LOLOLOL Get it? Like getting the Harden PP to 0 and start attacking with Struggle...lol. Ok i'll stop. So.... yeah... won't be getting Kakuna. Squirt over did it and knocked it out in two hits. Even a +1 Harden Lv 4 Kakuna wasn't enough to stop a Lv 9 Squirtle. So no more captures for Viridian so I am stuck with the three until Route 3. Squirt...you will be the one to take on Brock's Gym. I hate having you do it all but Pidge and Kestral are Bird type. Bird type are not effective against Rock type.

So it is time to head on through Viridian Forest getting Squirt leveled up. I will check in when I get to Pewter City.

****Day 1: Around Noon. So we all made it out of Viridian Forest and arrived in Pewter City. Pretty much mountain theme. Buildings were made of numerous styles of stone and some built within the mountain side just outside of Route 3. The big building to the North was recognizable. The Pewter City Space Museum. This should be interesting. Might do some touring there and actually see the exhibits in their glory. I will definitely come back to get the Old Amber once I get Cut and get it resurrected at Cinnabar Island. Well me and the gang will check out the museum, do some training and take on our first gym. See ya later!!!

Well things didn't go so well. Lost Ratattack and the encounter with Kakuna. No worries right? Kakuna Rattata!!! Again I hope you enjoyed this chapter and will hope to have everything ready for Chapter 4. Until then...be good, be safe, behave, have fun!!!
[/Spoiler]

We are back once again. Last time we lost Ratattack and lost an encounter with a Kakuna. We were able to get through Viridian Forest and arrive at Pewter where we are about to face Brock. So let us get into it.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter 4: Brock You Like a Hurricane!

******Day 1, Entry 7: Well here I am in the Pokémon Center about to take on Brock but wanted to let you know that you can just walk in someone's house without knocking

and no one says a thing. Yes I know they don't in the game, but being in the game, it is weird. No yelling or threatening me with a Pokémon to get out. Talking around the

town I get the same information I get about the game. Pokémon received in trades will start ignoring you the stronger you get but obtaining badges will decrease the

probability of that happening. Also that Clefairy came from the moon after Moon Stones fell on Mt. Moon. There was even a gardener walking about spraying Repel to get rid

of the wild Pokémon out of the garden. And don't forget that Pokémon learn new moves as they grow stronger and that moves can be learned through people. (TMs and HMs

duh!) Even a kid told me that Pokémon are easy to catch if they have a status problem. All relative information but none of it concerns about why Ratattack died.

The real highlight of Pewter City was the Pewter Museum of Science. Much bigger than the game showed in Red, Blue and Yellow. What are glass displays with a fossilized

shell inside in the game, was a rebuilt skeleton of Aerodactyl and Kabutops. Fossilized shells belonging to Kabuto, Omanyte and Omastar. Actual fossils of the prehistoric

Pokémon. There was even a replica of the shuttle that went to space. Well don't want to spend too much time here. Main goal is to get the Boulder badge. Squirt is the only

thing that can take on this gym. Pidge and Kestrel is in no shape to take on Rock-Type. So going to train up a bit so that we can run through the Gym with no ease. I will let

you know how it went.

******Day 1, Entry 8: So here I am in the Pokémon Center eating some food from the Mart about to go into Mt. Moon. As you may know, we were able to defeat Brock with

the help of Squirt. The plan was to spam Withdraw while facing the Geode and then when attacks weren't dealing a lot, take them out. Had a little scare, but was able to

knock it down. Onyx was no issue at all. So it didn't use Bide which was weird. It was faster so it could've but I think Squirt's new attack, Water Gun, was able to knock it

down if it set up Bide. Also different, Brock decided to have a shirt on. Guess a lot of kids were getting freaked out. I wonder how old Brock really is...hm...I believe he is 15

during the anime so about my age. So I guess boys that age do have their shirts off, but does Brock age? Hm. We won’t know. Oh and the TM I was given wasn't Bide. Turns

out it is Rock Tomb. So far no one can learn it. So we will keep that to the side and hopefully find a Pokémon that can learn it so that we can use it against Gary at the Nugget

Bridge.

They have Running Shoes!!!! AH! So. Much. Easier. To. Do. This. I guess I can run without being winded. Well this IS a game I guess. Was I able to run in the first place?

Too busy being distracted stuck in a video game. I know I couldn't run in the originals and had to wait for a Bicycle but now I have Running Shoes. Easy travel boys! And girls

too! :p

Route 3 had a lot of trainers and of course the Youngster that likes to wear shorts and that they are comfy and easy to wear. What next? Top percentile Rattata Joey is

here??? Please no. Oh and the trainers? I swear they could see me as I was passing through. Wanted to get to the grass to get my next encounter, but yeah we got through the

majority of the Route up until we got to the grass. Pray that I don't knock out the new wild Pokémon. The only one available to catch? Jigglypuff. Encounter rate isn't all that

good. Last I played, it took me forever to get one. Such is life.

Well that seemed to be the case, but this is a remake which mean things have been different. So we shouldn't assume that every trainer and Gym leader shouldn't have the

same from The Originals. Routes as well in this case. See...Route 3 in Red and Blue, you can catch Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, and Jigglypuff. I already…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatcha doin? [Ralph jumping into my lap. Sniffing my notebook.]

Ralph you are supposed to be eating. I am writing about my adventures. What do you need?

[Ralph jumped down and sniffed around my bag, moving around Pokeballs and Medicine.] Can I have some more food? Plus I was letting you know Squirt is being rude and won't share.

That's because that is his food. You all got equal amounts and you should be fine. I will feed you once we get out of Mt. Moon. Ok?

Ok… but I am still hungry…

*sigh* oh geez.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry that was Ralph. I’ll tell you about him in a bit. Anyways…I already have the first 3 so that leaves Jigglypuff so we are hoping for Jigglypuff, but that didn’t turn out

that way. First encounter was a Spearow (as expected), but the next one....a Nidoran-M. I forgot they can be caught in Route 22, but Route 3??? Yep things are totally

different. OH man so lucky. Meet Ralph the Nidoran (M). The hungry one of the group.

Also, there is a Magikarp salesman here as well. Gyarados should be great to have, but what could be in Route 4 past Mt. Moon? From what I remember...Sandshrew,

Ekans and a rare Mankey is there. Ok so I will rest up a bit, and once they finish their meal. We will head into Mt. Moon.

See ya later!

Well so far things are looking up. No more deaths a new companion. Can you guess where I got the name Ralph from? Comment below and if I see the right answer, I will

let you choose the next nickname for this Nuzlocke. Anyways….I am still having a few writer’s block and trying to develop a plot. Also thinking of doing some doodling and

drawings for each chapter as if it is an actual journal. I am sure everyone doodles while writing in their journals and diaries. So I will do some doodling for the first four

chapters and turn it into one whole entry. Might take a while only because I am not a very good artist, but will try my best. Until then……..

Be good be safe behave, have fun.

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo everyone! Welcome back. Sorry for the delay. Been busy with moving in my new place and unpacking and haven't had a chance

to finish this chapter. So yeah I hope you enjoy this one!

So before moving on I head back to Viridian Forest to get Ralph trained up a bit. Took a little bit but it was easy plus wanted to get ready for the Jigglypuff battle. I do want

to mention that the last trainer in Route 3 wouldn't let me pass until I beat all the trainers on the Route. That's weird because I was able to get through the Routes pretty fast

and easy to continue on in the game. Guess this is a new feature in the new games.

Ok so it is hard to tell you this but I am sure there is no question this isn't your ordinary game. Example: can't catch more than one Pokémon from each area. Which sucks

because further in the game you have more options and can use many different Pokémon to get to the Elite Four and become Champion. Not the case. I have tried many

times throwing Pokeballs but they always bounce off and hit the ground. Also...sigh...we lost Ratattack. He fainted but never responded or moved. It didn't have a heartbeat.

Then he was returned to his Pokeball and the Pokeball vanished. I don't know what would
happen if the others faint. Will they all turn out the same way? Not going to risk it.

Got to make them strong and avoid necessary battles. Well like I mentioned, we stopped and rested at the Pokémon Center outside Mt. Moon. Inside there was a man near

the PC with a huge fish tank with a Magikarp inside. I approached and it was indeed 500 Pokedollars. Same as the old games, but Magikarp can be caught at high levels and

saves me 500 pokedollars. "Would you like to buy this special Magikarp for 500 Pokedollars?" I denied and his response will haunt me forever in this game and for eternity.

He approached me and brought me in close and he whispered something that I will never get out of my head, "Are you sure you don't want this Magikarp? It might help you

in this game I gave you. Are you enjoying my game?" My eyes grew and took a step back. "What did you just say?!" I wasn't sure if he could hear me but he did. "I said 'are

you enjoying my game?'" I didn't know what he was talking about. He put his other hand into his pocket and pulled out a Pokémon game. "Does this look familiar?" In his

hand was a Fire Red Advance Game that I bought. He then ran his hand over his face and now is revealed as the man at Game Stop that sold me the game. "Hello! Welcome

to GameStop. Here to get the newest Pokémon that just hit stores?" I took a step back shocked looking around not knowing what to say. "Y-y-you're that Game Stop employee

that sold me the game. You got me stuck in this game?!?! Get me out of this game now!"

He wagged his finger and said, "nah uh uh! You must complete this game before I let you free."

"Easy enough. I have done it before in the older games."

"Well...this isn't like the other games. This is a Nuzlocke." He pulls out some hand held tablet with a screen on the front and said this is the Trusty TV. If ever you are

confused about what a Nuzlocke is? Just watch it. It'll tell you everything you need to know." He turned it on and handed it to me. A video pops up of him welcoming me and

thanking me for buying his game.

He goes on that this game is different than the other games and that he bought a lot of Fire Red and Leaf Green editions, and modified the games to his enjoyment. He said

there are a lot of challenges along the way that will make it hard to be able to complete the game. He mentions that only 1 Pokémon can be caught in every area. Evolution

line included, as well as Duplicates (That I kind of found out for myself). Also he mentions faint is death. So if a Pokémon faints in battle or to a Special Condition, it dies. No

way to avoid it and is sent to the PC permanently. (Then... that must mean... noooo.... Ratattack! You did die. *sad face)

Other challenges are 5 items in battle use only, held items are ok to use, Set battle style (meaning no switching when an opponent's Pokémon faints) and you fail if your

entire party "dies". He mentions that the ONLY way out is to complete the game. I didn't know what to think or say or why this is happening to me. Before I could ask the guy

why this is happening, the salesman goes, "hello I have a Magikarp for sale if you would like to buy one for a whopping 500 Poke dollars?"

Huh??? Where did the guy go? I was just talking to him. Is that guy serious???

I start to leave the Pokémon Center looking back at the Magikarp salesman. He just waves good bye and turns to other people in the Center if they were interested in a

Magikarp.

What is this Nuzlocke he was mentioning? Makes the games more challenging? I remember some Pokémon I had in the past games faint from gym battles and trainers?

And they are considered dead? And if my team is wiped out, do I die? I am not going to find out. Going to finish this game. First thing to do is to get to Cerulean, but first Mt.

Moon.

So I will stop this journal here for now and will meet up with you all again once I find a resting point inside Mt Moon and show you who I have in my party.

So here we go. Into Mt Moon we go!!!!

...please no Zubat. :2spooky: :2spooky: :2spooky:

Talk to you all later. See ya!!!

Well there is the end of this Chapter/Log. Sorry it took me awhile to send this. Wrote ahead but was still on route 3. Haven't even made it past the Jigglypuff trainer. lol. So

wasn't sure if something bad would happen and would have to go back and edit things. Also, I realized while writing this entry, that the Nuzlocke twist could've been used

way back in Viridian with the old man teaching you how to catch Pokémon. Where he gives you the Teachy TV, but we will go on with this version I wrote.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this Journal Log. Until then,

Be good be safe, behave, have fun!!!!

Last edited:
Chapter 1: An Unexpected PokeJourney

Once Upon a Time. Heh. Most fairy tales start out that way, don't they? Well I can tell you this. This isn't a fairy tale. More on a suspense level. Let me introduce myself. My name is Jake. No, not that Jake that turns into Animals and fights against alien parasites. The Jake you see sitting alone at the lunch table with his Game Boy advance. Not a care in the world on who is watching him. The Jake who is too shy to talk to a girl but will dedicate his whole life on his paper that is due the next day and always striving for extra credit to go to college. Possibly, but not sure.

I guess me writing this is a way to get things off my chest. My mom got me a journal to put down how I feel and thought it would help me with my ADD. Medicine prevents me from eating and sleeping. Well I am grateful that I have this journal because I would soon find out that a special edition of a Pokémon game remake changed my life. So I decided to post my recent events and happenings and fill you in on what happened. Thank you for coming along with me in my journey.

September 5, 2004 6:00 pm --- So this is weird. Mom got me a journal for my birthday. She thinks it'll help me with my ADD and get things off my chest since I won't talk to anyone. So here I am submitting my first journal entry. I swear journals and diaries are one in the same and this makes me feel weird but in a way it is making me feel more relaxed. I guess I will make an entry every once and awhile.

September 6, 2004 7:45 am --- On my way to school! Soooooo decided to bring my journal to school. I will DEFINITELY keep it secret (keep it safe!) so that I don't get criticize for having a "diary" It's a good thing I am all the way back in the bus to secretly write this. Better hide it fast.

September 6, 2004: 10:15 am --- Study hall. Good thing I did all my homework the night before and no need to worry about the test. So decided to write a quick entry. Over heard some of the guys in the geek club about the new Pokémon game that is coming out for Game Boy Advance in January. I was already sold but don't know all the details but all in all, it'll be great to get. Better save up money. So far I have $50 back at home. Definitely will keep that there to buy the new game at Hastings. Hopefully time will go by fast so that I can get home and do some research on my parents' computer. I will make an entry on how I feel about the game.

September 6, 2004 5:00 ok so....big things happened. Of course as usual after class, I get on the bus, get to my assigned seat and start up my Pokémon Ruby edition to get in the spirit of things. I wondered to myself, ' what could be so great about a new edition of Pokemon? Plus what's better than these graphics?' Anyways, so I get home, start up my parents' computer and search in Google: "New pokemon game for Game Boy Advance." What popped up made me so so happy. A remake. Of the classics. Blue and Red for the original Game Boy are being remade...into "Fire Red and Leaf Green?" I said out loud, and looking at the pictures. Showed updated and colorful portrayals of the Kanto region and even watched the Fire Red trailer. OMG!!!! Wait...did I just go OMG??? Ugh I can't believe I did. Back to reality dude. This is a journal. NOT a diary. I will be looking forward to this come January.

------3 days later-------

September 9, 2004. Time isn't needed for this update. Yo! Fire Red is upon us!!!! The hype is real! It's a good thing that it's a weekend and Game Stop was able to hold on to a copy for me. Plus no homework and no chores. Which means, Fire Red all day!!! So I get in line waiting impatiently but I knew the wait would be worth it. What seams like hours was just minutes and I was able to grab my Fire Red and run out of there to the bus stop to go home. So I will end this entry with a grin, and will make another telling you about this journey. See ya!

Date unknown: Ok...um...this is weird....
"Darkness....ever flowing darkness. How did I get here??? Last I remembered I was at GameStop buying a Pokémon Fire Red game and once I powered on the game, a big flash and then...darkness..." Minutes go by...which seems like hours, days, months going by...but...a voice...

A middle aged man with a white coat, light brown hair throwing up a... "is that a Pokeball?" ...a Pokeball.

"My name is Oak."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well there is the first chapter. I don't have the best grammer skills, so bare with me and feel free to correct me so that I can make better grammer use. Lol. Until then.

Be good, be safe, behave, have fun.

Last edited:
Hello and good evening. (With this being sent late).

Having a little writer's block trying to figure out the recent events and how to explain it but I think I got it figured out. So here is another update. Feel free to ask questions or some input. Thank you and enjoy.

Chapter 2: New Friends

People affectionately refer to me as the POKeMON PROFESSOR.

Affectionately??? Ewwww No thanks.

This world... oh a Nidoran (F)! ... is inhabited far and wide by creatures called Pokémon....

Yeah yeah I've heard this. Um...I tought I was playing game, but no Advance in my hands and no longer sitting on the bus stop. Whoah asking me if I am a boy or girl. Um....last I checked...Yes I am a boy. Jake's my name. Oh my rival??? I don't have any nemesis in school. I guess I will still with default tv show. Gary.

Jake! Your very own Pokémon legend is about to unfold. A world of Pokémon awaits! Let's go!

A beam of light shines through an open space and then engulfs me and...I am in a room...not mine...

Unknown date/time...Day 1?: So....um here I am in a child's room. Gazing at the TV in front of me. Oh an NES!!! Urg...can't play it. Figures. Of course a Potion in the PC. I sure hope I am not trap in here forever. No Power Button to turn it off. No save file either. Well I might as well enjoy this what it matters. I could be in a dream. I still have my book bag I was wearing. All that was left inside was the journal. Well time for me to head downstairs and go North to Route 1 to get stopped by Oak and get my starter. But which one should I pick? Well it's got to be Bulbasaur. Easy gym 1 and 2. Duh! I will write again after beating Gary. TTYL.

Entry 2, Mid Morning Day 1: Yep got stopped by Oak. "Mom" wasn't my mom just the game's as expected. But yeah so...I get in his lab and see all three Pokeballs and of course the scene with Oak and Gary unfolds and then I get to pick my starter. SO I look for Bulbasaur but I couldn't take Bulbasaur. A shock emits and prevents my hand from grabbing. Oak and Gary stare at me and don't look shocked. I tried to speak, but...my mouth won't move! I am not playing. I cannot speak and they don't seem to care. This is turning out to be weird and freaking me out. Oak finals speak up, Oh I've decided to alter my starter table and how to keep new starter trainers from avoiding Squirtle and Charmander and have the easy route for Bulbasaur and gives the other two more fairness. So I inputed a key card system that will determine your starter. Should be your Trainer ID card.

I pull out my wallet. and pull out the new ID with my avatar and the card. Oak grabs it and inserts it into the card reader. The machine reads back some number 10684. Squirtle. Oak picks up a Pokeball and hands it to me. Well I guess Squirtle can help me with Oak. Gary walks up to Bulbasaur and gets to pick Bulbasaur. NO CARD! WHAT GIVES!!!! I guess he gets to pick whatever he wants since he is the grandson of Oak. Grandson benefits. Once I picked Squirtle, I was prompted to give a Nickname to have a stronger bond with our friends. 'I never even thought about nicknaming my Pokémon,' I thought to myself. Do I just give them normal human names or something that would be unique? How about Squirt? Welcome to the team Squirt! So I leave and, of course, Gary wants us to try our new Pokémon out. So we battle it out.

Something weird happens. I call forth Squirt from his Pokeball and I hear a voice in my head, "Alright! Let's do this Jake! Time to take down his Bulbasaur!"

Um who said that?

"Who else??? It's me Squirt. The starter you chose."

You can understand me? And...a-and I can understand you! How?! How is that even possible?

"How else would it be possible. I guess we are connected somewhere with a bond and can talk to one another but only through our minds. Now let us focus on the main thing. Gary and his Bulbasaur."

All this time Squirt was staring down the Bulbasaur waiting for the move. I was still motionless and didn't know what to think of it. So I commanded Squirt to Tackle spam to knock out the Bulbasaur. Ok so I am not in Viridian City getting parts for Oak before given Pokeballs to start catching more Pokémon. I guess this is also an opportunity to get to know Squirt. This is actually turning out to be entertaining. I hope mom (my real mom in Kansas) is doing ok and not worried about me too much. I am not sure what time it is and if the time here is the same there. It's about late morning and close to noon. Man I am hungry. Guess I will head home (my fake home) and eat lunch with Squirt. I will see you all again after I get my team. Smell ya later! LOL!!!!

Day 1: Late Morning Entry 3: Soooo got more friends. We are in the Pokémon Center in Viridian City about to head west to face Gary. Had to do some major training. But we are just about ready to go. I now have Ratattack (Little fact about Rattata if you look it up), Kestral the Spearow near Gary's 1st rival battle and Pidge the Pidgey outside of Viridian Forest. So a lot of things happened while getting the new Pokemon.

Pokeballs are useless after 1 capture in each area. Every time I throw one to catch one after the 1st initial capture, the Pokeball just bounces off and lands on the ground. When I get into a new area I haven't been to, the Pokeball catches the Pokemon. Um...is something going on with this game and is it going to be like this throught the whole game? This is going to be hard if it is.

The other issue is that duplicates can't be captured. For example: Ratattack is my Rattata in my party. I encountered a Rattata on Route 2. Above it's head of a little symbol. A Pokeball. I think that is indicating that I already have a Rattata. So I think nothing of it and attempt to catch it. Same thing happens like before. The Pokeball bounces off and lands. Won't let me catch the Rattata.

Well Ratattack, you will be the only Rattata for me. No other Rattata can replace you.

Thanks Boss. I will make sure to be the top percentage of Rattata. I won't let you down."

Since when did you have a New York accent?

"What's a New York?"

*sigh* Never mind.

I then encounter a Pidgey on the second encounter and I don't own one so will it let me catch it? YEP!!! So that's a relief. Whew!

Lastly, Viridian Forest is closed. I can't go in to get a new Pokemon. Seems like an infestation inside and too dangerous to go in there. Will reopen as soon as they calmed down the encounter rate for safe travels. So I don't know what to do, except go face Gary so here I am writing to you to let you know that we are resting and getting ready to train for Gary. It seems Pidge and Kestral will be the main stars against his Pidgey and Bulbasaur (if they are sticking to the original Red version). So I will write to you again once I get to Pewter City. See ya then.

So what did you think? Good job explaing the dupes and one encounter per area??? So once I send this I will be starting on Chapter 3 that had me with a writer's block. So thank you for being patient and will see you all again. Take care and good night.

Can't remember when I last posted, um...July 11. Just looked up above at the previous post. lol. Thank you all for being patient and still trying to get the jist of posting and

making sure I am doing it the right now. Feel free to let me know if I am not and I will correct it. Any comments and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Enjoy!

:)

***Day 1, Entry 4: So I don't know where to start. Ratattack died. Plain and simple. It was during a match and I was training for Gary and a wild Pidgey knocked out

Ratattack. Squirt knocked out the Pidgey and we went to Ratattack. We returned Ratattack back to his Pokeball but when he was in, the Pokeball glowed and disappeared. I

looked at Squirt and he was afraid to look at me. I knew he was crying. Why are you crying Squirt? What happened? No response. Squirt! What happened?! Squirt turned

to me and told me that Pokemon are able to feel one another's feelings and he knew that Ratattack died. Died from the Pidgey. I couldn't believe it. I know Pokemon die.

Look at Lavender Town's graveyard in the tower. But the game never show a Pokemon die. Sure there is the theory about Gary's Rattata from the S.S. Anne. That after the

battle that his Rattata was so weak and that Gary couldn't get to a Pokemon Center in time to heal his Rattata and as a result it died. Now MY Rattata is dead. I wonder if he

is at Lavender Tower. We will see.

Ratattack, you were a great friend. Even though we just met, you had quite the personality and wasn't afraid of anything. Sorry you had to go down against a measly

Pidgey. Not you Pidge. You'll be the best of them all. I am glad to be there for you with Squirt and Kestral to help. With that, Kestral, Pidge and Squirt returned to their

Pokeballs.

So we continue getting ready vs Gary. RIP Ratattack the Rattata.

****Day 1, Entry 5: So we were able to get through some training without any incidents. Kestral and Pidge used Ratattack's death as fuel for getting through the wild

Pokémon and training up for Gary. So we healed up and went to Route 22 to face Gary. Of course he informs us we need to have gym badges to get through the Indigo

Plateau to get to the Elite Four. He also challenge us to a battle to see if my Pokémon got any stronger. So here is how it played out. Pidge and the other Pidgey pretty much

exchanged Gusts. Couldn't do Sand Attack do to their ability "Keen Eye" and here is where we get weird again. The game didn't let me switch out before his Bulbasaur so I

was stuck with Pidgey, but I was able to send out Spearow after Bulbasaur came. Once Spearow was out, Bulbasaur attacked Spearow. So I am guessing we are in 'Set mode'

and of course Kestral was in complete control over Bulbasaur. So Gary went his way, smelling us later. See you on the Nugget Bridge, Gary.

On the way back, there was a new sign posted just outside of Viridian City indicating the encounter route for Viridian Forest has now been adjusted to safe levels so it is

time to heal up and go North and hopefully get a new friend. Before we go, however, time to stock up on supplies. More pokeballs, a potion and of course being safe in case

we come across Weedle and Pikachu. Gen 1 remake so I am gonna assume walking while poisoned will lower my Pokémon's HP. Don't want that to be a way for my

Pokémon to faint. What'll happen if my Pokémon faint? Will the same thing happen to them the way it happened to Ratattack? Don't want to think about it. Moving on. I

will check back you in a bit.

****Day 1, Entry 6: Viridian Forest is more than what I expected. Yes it would probably be 16-bit graphics on the Advance, but in real life. It is remarkable. Sounds of

Pokémon such as Weedle, Caterpie and a few Pikachu cries can be heard. Bug Catchers are roaming around the grass with their nets. Catching bugs. Little sun is beaming

through the trees but enough to light the path to get through the forest. So let us start off Viridian Forest with a catch, shall we? A Kakuna....one of the two hardest Pokémon

in Viridian Forest to train. Going to be a real...Struggle? LOLOLOL Get it? Like getting the Harden PP to 0 and start attacking with Struggle...lol. Ok i'll stop. So.... yeah...

won't be getting Kakuna. Squirt over did it and knocked it out in two hits. Even a +1 Harden Lv 4 Kakuna wasn't enough to stop a Lv 9 Squirtle. So no more captures for

Viridian so I am stuck with the three until Route 3. Squirt...you will be the one to take on Brock's Gym. I hate having you do it all but Pidge and Kestral are Bird type. Bird

type are not effective against Rock type.

So it is time to head on through Viridian Forest getting Squirt leveled up. I will check in when I get to Pewter City.

****Day 1: Around Noon. So we all made it out of Viridian Forest and arrived in Pewter City. Pretty much mountain theme. Buildings were made of numerous styles of stone

and some built within the mountain side just outside of Route 3. The big building to the North was recognizable. The Pewter City Space Museum. This should be interesting.

Might do some touring there and actually see the exhibits in their glory. I will definitely come back to get the Old Amber once I get Cut and get it resurrected at Cinnabar

Island. Well me and the gang will check out the museum, do some training and take on our first gym. See ya later!!![/spoiiler]

Well things didn't go so well. Lost Ratattack and the encounter with Kakuna. No worries right? Kakuna Rattata!!! Again I hope you enjoyed this chapter and will hope to

have everything ready for Chapter 4. Until then...be good, be safe, behave, have fun!!!

We are back once again. Last time we lost Ratattack and lost an encounter with a Kakuna. We were able to get through Viridian Forest and arrive at Pewter where we are about to face Brock. So let us get into it.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter 4: Brock You Like a Hurricane!

******Day 1, Entry 7: Well here I am in the Pokémon Center about to take on Brock but wanted to let you know that you can just walk in someone's house without knocking

and no one says a thing. Yes I know they don't in the game, but being in the game, it is weird. No yelling or threatening me with a Pokémon to get out. Talking around the

town I get the same information I get about the game. Pokémon received in trades will start ignoring you the stronger you get but obtaining badges will decrease the

probability of that happening. Also that Clefairy came from the moon after Moon Stones fell on Mt. Moon. There was even a gardener walking about spraying Repel to get rid

of the wild Pokémon out of the garden. And don't forget that Pokémon learn new moves as they grow stronger and that moves can be learned through people. (TMs and HMs

duh!) Even a kid told me that Pokémon are easy to catch if they have a status problem. All relative information but none of it concerns about why Ratattack died.

The real highlight of Pewter City was the Pewter Museum of Science. Much bigger than the game showed in Red, Blue and Yellow. What are glass displays with a fossilized

shell inside in the game, was a rebuilt skeleton of Aerodactyl and Kabutops. Fossilized shells belonging to Kabuto, Omanyte and Omastar. Actual fossils of the prehistoric

Pokémon. There was even a replica of the shuttle that went to space. Well don't want to spend too much time here. Main goal is to get the Boulder badge. Squirt is the only

thing that can take on this gym. Pidge and Kestrel is in no shape to take on Rock-Type. So going to train up a bit so that we can run through the Gym with no ease. I will let

you know how it went.

******Day 1, Entry 8: So here I am in the Pokémon Center eating some food from the Mart about to go into Mt. Moon. As you may know, we were able to defeat Brock with

the help of Squirt. The plan was to spam Withdraw while facing the Geode and then when attacks weren't dealing a lot, take them out. Had a little scare, but was able to

knock it down. Onyx was no issue at all. So it didn't use Bide which was weird. It was faster so it could've but I think Squirt's new attack, Water Gun, was able to knock it

down if it set up Bide. Also different, Brock decided to have a shirt on. Guess a lot of kids were getting freaked out. I wonder how old Brock really is...hm...I believe he is 15

during the anime so about my age. So I guess boys that age do have their shirts off, but does Brock age? Hm. We won’t know. Oh and the TM I was given wasn't Bide. Turns

out it is Rock Tomb. So far no one can learn it. So we will keep that to the side and hopefully find a Pokémon that can learn it so that we can use it against Gary at the Nugget

Bridge.

They have Running Shoes!!!! AH! So. Much. Easier. To. Do. This. I guess I can run without being winded. Well this IS a game I guess. Was I able to run in the first place?

Too busy being distracted stuck in a video game. I know I couldn't run in the originals and had to wait for a Bicycle but now I have Running Shoes. Easy travel boys! And girls

too! :p

Route 3 had a lot of trainers and of course the Youngster that likes to wear shorts and that they are comfy and easy to wear. What next? Top percentile Rattata Joey is

here??? Please no. Oh and the trainers? I swear they could see me as I was passing through. Wanted to get to the grass to get my next encounter, but yeah we got through the

majority of the Route up until we got to the grass. Pray that I don't knock out the new wild Pokémon. The only one available to catch? Jigglypuff. Encounter rate isn't all that

good. Last I played, it took me forever to get one. Such is life.

Well that seemed to be the case, but this is a remake which mean things have been different. So we shouldn't assume that every trainer and Gym leader shouldn't have the

same from The Originals. Routes as well in this case. See...Route 3 in Red and Blue, you can catch Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, and Jigglypuff. I already…

Whatcha doin? [Ralph jumping into my lap. Sniffing my notebook.]

Ralph you are supposed to be eating. I am writing about my adventures. What do you need?

[Ralph jumped down and sniffed around my bag, moving around Pokeballs and Medicine.] Can I have some more food? Plus I was letting you know Squirt is being rude and won't share.

That's because that is his food. You all got equal amounts and you should be fine. I will feed you once we get out of Mt. Moon. Ok?

Ok… but I am still hungry…

*sigh* oh geez.

Sorry that was Ralph. I’ll tell you about him in a bit. Anyways…I already have the first 3 so that leaves Jigglypuff so we are hoping for Jigglypuff, but that didn’t turn out

that way. First encounter was a Spearow (as expected), but the next one....a Nidoran-M. I forgot they can be caught in Route 22, but Route 3??? Yep things are totally

different. OH man so lucky. Meet Ralph the Nidoran (M). The hungry one of the group.

Also, there is a Magikarp salesman here as well. Gyarados should be great to have, but what could be in Route 4 past Mt. Moon? From what I remember...Sandshrew,

Ekans and a rare Mankey is there. Ok so I will rest up a bit, and once they finish their meal. We will head into Mt. Moon.

See ya later!

Well so far things are looking up. No more deaths a new companion. Can you guess where I got the name Ralph from? Comment below and if I see the right answer, I will

let you choose the next nickname for this Nuzlocke. Anyways….I am still having a few writer’s block and trying to develop a plot. Also thinking of doing some doodling and

drawings for each chapter as if it is an actual journal. I am sure everyone doodles while writing in their journals and diaries. So I will do some doodling for the first four

chapters and turn it into one whole entry. Might take a while only because I am not a very good artist, but will try my best. Until then……..

Be good be safe behave, have fun.

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo everyone! Welcome back. Sorry for the delay. Been busy with moving in my new place and unpacking and haven't had a chance

to finish this chapter. So yeah I hope you enjoy this one!

So before moving on I head back to Viridian Forest to get Ralph trained up a bit. Took a little bit but it was easy plus wanted to get ready for the Jigglypuff battle. I do want

to mention that the last trainer in Route 3 wouldn't let me pass until I beat all the trainers on the Route. That's weird because I was able to get through the Routes pretty fast

and easy to continue on in the game. Guess this is a new feature in the new games.

Ok so it is hard to tell you this but I am sure there is no question this isn't your ordinary game. Example: can't catch more than one Pokémon from each area. Which sucks

because further in the game you have more options and can use many different Pokémon to get to the Elite Four and become Champion. Not the case. I have tried many

times throwing Pokeballs but they always bounce off and hit the ground. Also...sigh...we lost Ratattack. He fainted but never responded or moved. It didn't have a heartbeat.

Then he was returned to his Pokeball and the Pokeball vanished. I don't know what would happen if the others faint. Will they all turn out the same way? Not going to risk it.

Got to make them strong and avoid necessary battles. Well like I mentioned, we stopped and rested at the Pokémon Center outside Mt. Moon. Inside there was a man near

the PC with a huge fish tank with a Magikarp inside. I approached and it was indeed 500 Pokedollars. Same as the old games, but Magikarp can be caught at high levels and

saves me 500 pokedollars. "Would you like to buy this special Magikarp for 500 Pokedollars?" I denied and his response will haunt me forever in this game and for eternity.

He approached me and brought me in close and he whispered something that I will never get out of my head, "Are you sure you don't want this Magikarp? It might help you

in this game I gave you. Are you enjoying my game?" My eyes grew and took a step back. "What did you just say?!" I wasn't sure if he could hear me but he did. "I said 'are

you enjoying my game?'" I didn't know what he was talking about. He put his other hand into his pocket and pulled out a Pokémon game. "Does this look familiar?" In his

hand was a Fire Red Advance Game that I bought. He then ran his hand over his face and now is revealed as the man at Game Stop that sold me the game. "Hello! Welcome

to GameStop. Here to get the newest Pokémon that just hit stores?" I took a step back shocked looking around not knowing what to say. "Y-y-you're that Game Stop employee

that sold me the game. You got me stuck in this game?!?! Get me out of this game now!"

He wagged his finger and said, "nah uh uh! You must complete this game before I let you free."

"Easy enough. I have done it before in the older games."

"Well...this isn't like the other games. This is a Nuzlocke." He pulls out some hand held tablet with a screen on the front and said this is the Trusty TV. If ever you are

confused about what a Nuzlocke is? Just watch it. It'll tell you everything you need to know." He turned it on and handed it to me. A video pops up of him welcoming me and

thanking me for buying his game.

He goes on that this game is different than the other games and that he bought a lot of Fire Red and Leaf Green editions, and modified the games to his enjoyment. He said

there are a lot of challenges along the way that will make it hard to be able to complete the game. He mentions that only 1 Pokémon can be caught in every area. Evolution

line included, as well as Duplicates (That I kind of found out for myself). Also he mentions faint is death. So if a Pokémon faints in battle or to a Special Condition, it dies. No

way to avoid it and is sent to the PC permanently. (Then... that must mean... noooo.... Ratattack! You did die. *sad face)

Other challenges are 5 items in battle use only, held items are ok to use, Set battle style (meaning no switching when an opponent's Pokémon faints) and you fail if your

entire party "dies". He mentions that the ONLY way out is to complete the game. I didn't know what to think or say or why this is happening to me. Before I could ask the guy

why this is happening, the salesman goes, "hello I have a Magikarp for sale if you would like to buy one for a whopping 500 Poke dollars?"

Huh??? Where did the guy go? I was just talking to him. Is that guy serious???

I start to leave the Pokémon Center looking back at the Magikarp salesman. He just waves good bye and turns to other people in the Center if they were interested in a

Magikarp.

What is this Nuzlocke he was mentioning? Makes the games more challenging? I remember some Pokémon I had in the past games faint from gym battles and trainers?

And they are considered dead? And if my team is wiped out, do I die? I am not going to find out. Going to finish this game. First thing to do is to get to Cerulean, but first Mt.

Moon.

So I will stop this journal here for now and will meet up with you all again once I find a resting point inside Mt Moon and show you who I have in my party.

So here we go. Into Mt Moon we go!!!!

...please no Zubat. :2spooky: :2spooky: :2spooky:

Talk to you all later. See ya!!!

Well there is the end of this Chapter/Log. Sorry it took me awhile to send this. Wrote ahead but was still on route 3. Haven't even made it past the Jigglypuff trainer. lol. So

wasn't sure if something bad would happen and would have to go back and edit things. Also, I realized while writing this entry, that the Nuzlocke twist could've been used

way back in Viridian with the old man teaching you how to catch Pokémon. Where he gives you the Teachy TV, but we will go on with this version I wrote.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this Journal Log. Until then,

Be good be safe, behave, have fun!!!!

Editor's Notes: Looking back at the original post and the spoilers I've put in, looks like I have a lot of editing to do. haha. So I apologize for that and will fix it. Thank you for your patience.

Back