TCG Fakes Jabberwock's Image Fakes: Plasma Garchomp!

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Here's an update with Serperior, Emboar, Samurott, and the first Item: Cherish Ball!
JyooPfu.png
jurMtIp.png
Ld6AaJ2.png
SSJKshF.png

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
Really nice to see that you use your own art! Just a question, which filters and opacity do you used on the holo layers?

Also, on the wording department, Samurott and Emboar's Abilities should start with "As often as you like..." instead.
Emboar's attack should be "Does 10 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokémon."

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Also in the wording department, Seperior has slightly the wrong wording. See Ampharos DRX for the correct wording.

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I knew I should have referenced cards. Agh! I'll fix them tomorrow. Thanks for catching that, Zygarde and bbninjas.

And Zygarde, the holosheets are all three layers:
Serperior and Samurott:
Color Dodge 100%
Color Burn 10%
Multiply 70%
Emboar:
Color Dodge 100%
Color Burn 10%
Multiply 50%

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Apparently I didn't save Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott as .psds, so I'll not remake them now. I'll get around to it eventually, I'm sure.
Sorry for the lack of recent updates. Here's Lilligant.
EDIT: Also updated OP with all FTR/PoI cards so far.
qDWpRn8.png
2YkYrE0.png

Last edited:

Reggie McGigas

-
Your cards would be better if you didn't use pre-existing art from the TCG. It makes the card look boring.

Still though, I am loving your cards and I wish that you made updates more frequently!

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
TCG art is always something I can fall back on if I can't find any other art I like and I don't want to make it myself, which takes a while. I promise I won't use TCG art for Rares or final evolved Uncommons/Basics, but for Petilil, I think it's fine.

Thanks for the kind words, Reggie! I should be able to update more frequently for the next week or so – I was away this weekend. I'll try to get an EX up.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Not as good as Tropius, I think, but not bad, either. Here's Reshiram-EX!
dP8fqqa.png

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Thanks, Reggie! I think the symbols are only weird because they go over the flames, though, which I will try to fix. I'm not too experienced with Photoshop flames, so consider this a rough draft. I'll practice more with it, and post a revised card when I feel it's done. In the meantime, could you possibly whip up a render, almost exactly like the one I'm using, but with the face close-up and the rest foreshortened, and the mouth open? Thanks if you can, and if you can't, I can probably figure something else out.

Reggie McGigas

-
Thanks, Reggie! I think the symbols are only weird because they go over the flames, though, which I will try to fix. I'm not too experienced with Photoshop flames, so consider this a rough draft. I'll practice more with it, and post a revised card when I feel it's done. In the meantime, could you possibly whip up a render, almost exactly like the one I'm using, but with the face close-up and the rest foreshortened, and the mouth open? Thanks if you can, and if you can't, I can probably figure something else out.

I see what I will do. I have limited access to my computer so it might take a day or two.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Thanks, Reggie!

Okay, this isn't really an update, but I had fun making them all the same. I promise it's just a break; FTR/PoI is still going strong.
37rlpaE.png
s8vi5I9.png
yJQvSKX.png

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Thanks for the render, Reggie. I spent a while on this, and I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. Here's the updated Reshiram-EX, plus the Full Art.
OoPabSH.png
0EdAswI.png

Reggie McGigas

-
Great job! The full art is your best fake so far and the regular art looks a lot better. I will be glad to make more renders for you when my computer is fixed!

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Great job! The full art is your best fake so far and the regular art looks a lot better. I will be glad to make more renders for you when my computer is fixed!
I'm losing track of how many times I've said this, but thanks, Reggie! I think the biggest problem I have with regular arts is getting the effect things to look right. I completely forgot about Photoshop's Liquify tool until I made that card, though. Anyway, it's much easier to not have to do that with full arts.

Looking forward to it! No rush, though, I think I'll be working my way through the regular rares for a while.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
OK, massive update time. This is my apology for not being very active in this thread recently. Made them all today, which is definitely a new record for me. I would have included another Stage 2 line to match Gigalith, but I ran out of time.

All in one spoiler because I'm not making 13 individual spoilers.
fScSHBy.png
LO8gfH1.png
fcZ88hF.png
Zspm9GR.png
NNfsuth.png
4JxLg2b.png
i8y9ZgM.png
yZKCxcB.png
UhT2iz3.png
4SqXqBN.png
lfsBHA3.png
bFteqvw.png
yofSE9W.png

I think I'll be using more anime art for lower stages instead of existing card art, as per Reggie's suggestion.

θ Typhlosion

Aspiring Trainer
I think these fakes look great! My personal favorite is the full art Reshiram. It is so beautiful. I can't wait to see the Zekrom EX!