Ixyco Region - Fakedex Project! (Mods Please lock)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtterBoy

Open Sesame Tofu!
Hello there, and welcome to the Ixyco Region Thread! After my old Fakedex Thread got deleted for some reasons, I decided to come up with something new. When I got some reccomendations from other people, I just began thinking about everything: New Fakemon, thread organization, etc. So well, I wanted to make a region and here I am, having this right now!

The Ixyco Region itself
The Ixyco Region is a very spacious region. It´s name comes from how there are lots of nature, a vast arid area, icy mountains and deep, blue waters. The Ixyco Region is based on Mexico (Yay hometown!), specifically it´s center west/east areas. Why are there Icy Mountains you ask? Well, when it´s cold, very big snowfalls occur on the highest mountains.

Map of the Ixyco Region
None yet! Still designing it. Will be up soon!

The Pokémon
The Ixyco Region has many Pokémon never seen before on other regions, although in here they are commonly known better as "Fakemon". With many places to go in the region, you can find Fakemon almost anywhere. From Huntroseas in the sea to Rodcitsters in the fields, to even the Kolinae in the sky. You will get to see more than 130 Fakemon!

The Poké/Fakedex
#001 Chirpotra
21bj5fq.png

Grass Bird Pokémon
It evolves at Level 16.
Type: Grass and Flying.
PokéDex Entry: Chirpotra are experts at taking care of plants. Their cry is really soothing, so many people have one outside when they can´t sleep. They have their seeds on their heads since when they were born.

#004 Wormsieur
1r7nva.png

Flaming Worm Pokémon
It evolves at Level 16.
Type: Fire and Bug.
PokéDex Entry: Wormsieur are calm and educated Pokémon, although they can act really childish sometimes. Their "clothes" are actually roasted leaves. They love to eat roasted Berries and leaves.

#007 Squatypus
rig9xl.png

Platypus Pokémon
It evolves at Level 16
PokéDex Entry: These Pokémon are rarely found, it doesn´t even matter the place where you are. They are perfect swimmers and they can get food quickly, it loves peat moss. Only males can learn Poison type moves, since their hind feet hold a special venom. It´s evolutions can also learn Poison type moves.

#010 Kolinae
2ms38ux.png

Tiny Hummingbird Pokémon
It evolves at level 29
Type: Normal and Flying
PokéDex Entry: These Pokémon have very small wings, so they can´t fly long distances yet. They can, however, fly at great speeds. It uses it´s sharp peck to penetrate trough berries and suck out their juice. It can see without difficulty at night.

#011 Kolimmring
2cfvckh.png

Rocket Bird Pokémon
PokéDex Entry: Kolimmrings wings are even smaller, but they grew stronger, so now they can fly for a longer time. They are extremely speedy, so they make huge vibrations and can hurt the ears. It leaves a rainbow blur behind when flying.

#015 Rodcitster
mn9si.png

Rodent Pokémon
Type: Electric
PokéDex Entry: These Pokémon will search anywhere for seeds. They will also sneak into homes to chew on electrical cables, this to absorb their electric currents. Their nests are either underground or in any place where lots of electricity is used. Many people have these Pokémon as pets.

#024 Centhefid
mr8g06.png

Thief Rockipide Pokémon
Type: Rock and Bug
PokéDex Entry: These Pokémon aren´t very smart, they almost always get catched when they try to steal something. They can carry rocks with their rocky horns and their rocky tail. Their homes are made inside rocks, and they constantly eat minerals and dirt.

The Gym Leaders
A region isn´t complete with Gym Leaders, so of course there are Gym Leaders in the Ixyco Region too! Although the region only has 7 Gym Leaders, it is still a challenge, specially since you have to help them with something before you can battle them! So here they are, the Gym Leaders of the Ixyco Region! :

Umm...I still haven´t made them either. Although I will let you know that the Gym Leaders will be based on my family. (But I will try to change the names a little bit.)

If you have any suggestions or anything else to say, tell me in a PM! Comments will need to be posted here (Obviously). Thanks for looking guys! I hope you enjoy everything and keep checking back! (If no I will smack yah.) Enjoy the thread! :p

DerpyMartian

6th Generation... Is AWESOME!
RE: Ixyco Region - Fakedex Project! (Starting up with 5 Fakemon!)

So far, so good! Looks awesome!

LostVoice

I Remember where I Lost my Mind

These are good! I like Squatypus the best!

TheOtterBoy

Open Sesame Tofu!
RE: Ixyco Region - Fakedex Project! - Rocky Centipides and Rocket Speed Birds galore! :O

Why does it seem that people preffered more the other thread that wasn´t that good than this one? Lol, I didn´t really like the older thread. Come on, drawings are not even seen that much anymore, and they also have their charm. Not just digital art....

Anyways, sorry for not updating yesterday. I forgot to tell you guys that my updates will be daily :D
Ok, since I missed yesterday´s update, here are 2 new Fakemon!

#024 Centhefid
mr8g06.png

Thief Rockipide Pokémon
Type: Rock and Bug
PokéDex Entry: These Pokémon aren´t very smart, they almost always get catched when they try to steal something. They can carry rocks with their rocky horns and their rocky tail. Their homes are made inside rocks, and they constantly eat minerals and dirt.

#011 Kolimmring
2cfvckh.png

Rocket Bird Pokémon
PokéDex Entry: Kolimmrings wings are even smaller, but they grew stronger, so now they can fly for a longer time. They are extremely speedy, so they make huge vibrations and can hurt the ears. It leaves a rainbow blur behind when flying.

And well, I will probably have 2 or 1 Gym Leaders done by the weekend, and the map done by next week :p

DerpyMartian

6th Generation... Is AWESOME!
RE: Ixyco Region - Fakedex Project! - Rocky Centipides and Rocket Speed Birds galore! :O

Awesome! Loven them!

BlueEmboar'n'Bisharp

Bandolen Region coming soon...

I really like Centhefid! Also liking the new layout you have set-up! I sense a bright future for this region. :D

BEnB

flygon222

Aspiring Trainer

Squatypus looks WAYYY too much like Perry the Platypus.

LostVoice

RE: Ixyco Region - Fakedex Project!

I like Centhepede the best too! Very well done!

TheOtterBoy

Open Sesame Tofu!

Well...I know it looks like it too much, but the hair that looks like Perry´s one is there for a reason...And, well other than that and the face (By a liiiiiittle margin), I know that it looks like him.
Thanks for the commets guys. I will try to get more people to look here :/ (Well, just by advertising in my sig, or telling buddies but still...)

Okey, here is today´s new Fakemon:
#016 Sungeluz
10qxj6u.png

Light Fairy Pokémon
It evolves with a Shiny Stone
Type: Light and Psychic
PokéDex Entry: These Pokémon always appear near someone who is sad. They always try to calm down and consolate people or Pokémon, and try to make them laugh. If it´s succesful, it gives them something that they need, as long it is not for evil purposes. Their halo gives out enough light, that it can see at night without any problem. It also reveals people´s intentions, wheter they are good or bad.

Um...I know Light Type doesn´t exist, but I might make my own types as well...I have an idea for Snooze Types ( >_> ), but I don´t really think that would work out...

TheOtterBoy

Open Sesame Tofu!

Bump!
No, no update, just a bump...Sorry guys, I have gotten a little lazy, and besides I replayed a game that I really liked that I had to restart... :/

Okay, tomorrow I promise that you guys will get SIX (YES, SIX) Fakemon, since on Friday I planned on releasing 3 Mexican Animal Fakemon because of Mexico´s Independence day, and the other 3 Fakemon because of the daily updates. (Tomorrow will sum up 6)

Just letting you know.

LostVoice

RE: Ixyco Region - Fakedex Project! (Announcment...Thing?)

Sounds exciting! I really like everything so far!

TheOtterBoy

Open Sesame Tofu!

Okay, so here you go!

#012 Pupcuintle
jfc209.png

Mini Puppy Pokémon
It evolves at Level 20
Type: Normal
PokéDex Entry: The only attack this Pokémon knows is Growl...It´s very small, so people never use them in battle, although they use the send-and-switch technique. Pupcuintles are almost more cared for pets than sent out in battles. They also don´t have any hair, neither their other stages.

#013 Xolorindey
qqom0l.png

Brave Dog Pokémon
It evolves with max Happiness.
Type: Normal and Steel
PokéDex Entry: Xolorindey grew gold claws, "hair" and tail after evolution. Their claws are very resistant and shiny, so many people have them. They are extremely speedy, and can attack with huge power. These Pokémon are very loyal to their trainers.

#??? Arpolody
10nvosz.png

Musical Pokémon
Type: Melody and Grass
PokéDex Entry: The enchanting sound of it´s harp can make anyone fall full asleep. People rarely see this Pokémon, and many musicians try to catch it. Even though it is a calm Pokémon, it can react a little harsh if you mess with it for too long.

#017 Anglowth
jpvlu8.png

Light Angel Pokémon
Type: Light and Psychic
PokéDex Entry: Their hair gives out enough light to make it able to see even in the darkest places. These Pokémon will go anywhere with too much evil to try to change that place. It can also make people and Pokémon fall in love easily. They always hide their arms in their cloud-like dress. These Pokémon, along with Sungeluz, are always fighting with Dimonaks and Demshaks.

#018 Dimonak

MrGatr

Goin Rogue Baby :DDD

You probably should add all of these to the first post, so people don't have to dig through... But here goes, my long critic, about how to improve...

@Anglowth
I love the idea, of an angel Pokemon, but the types, just don't make sense, all of the types are great right now, and Light, is just used under psychic, it shouldn't become its own. But I admire that you would like to make new types, I have always wanted to see people do this... The hair giving off light, is a good idea, but even with a little light, you can see in the darkest of places... And with the whole they go any were with evil to change that place... Change that, to something like
They will go anywhere to combat evil, even if that is the end of the earth
I think that this Pokemon will be female dominant, but I would recommend that you make a male dominant, that is just like this... It is kinda like the male Gardevoir thing, it just didn't fit, and the mail jynx, that has not yet been solved, it never fits. I would make an evil one, for this one too, heck, they could even be evil twins. I would just add something to counter this one, so it is more like a Pokemon. Artwork looks great, it all rocks.

@Arpolody
No... No... No... No... Don't name a fakemon after an instrument, and then add Polody, this just sounds lazy, think of a unique name, something that doesn't necessarily represent him, something kinda like
Larmus, Lararp, etc...etc.
This would make way more sense...I like the fact though, that you are gonna add some music to your Fakemon, most threads Fakemon are serious, none of the cute, cuddly, or musical... Heck that could even become a new type for contests. The type... NO... NO... NO... No musical type, not enough Pokemon, or even Fakemon in the world could fill that, the grass is a great idea, but I would lean towards grass and psychic, it just sounds normal. I would also recommend, changing its eyes, the pokedex, says that it is a calm Pokemon, the eyes, make it look mean, and like they always get into trouble. I would also recommend that you stop making guys, that seem to be gender dominant... This guys has too many characteristics of a male, and I would think he would be male dominant... This is okay however, when you only have like 2-5 but once, you exceed that 8 limit... It just doesn't look good.

@xolorindey
NICE! Keep up drawing, and naming your fakemon like that... It seems to be Male, and female mix, which looks good, it also seems to have great type power. Allthough, normal and steel haven't been used in quite some time as an effective combo, I think this little guy has some potential, he could quickly grow on me, I already love him so much.Looks good.

@pupcuintle
Don't mess this little dude up.. He is almost Real to me. I wouldn't touch a thing. No madder what anyone says, this guy is by far your best work, and it has some unique features, closed eyes, the resemblance of a puppy (Besides lillipup), the fact that the under dog, evolves into the top dog, makes him even cooler... Great job.

I know this all may sound harsh, but I think I have criticed your fakemon before, I say this out of love, no rashness around this ever. I will get the rest done, sometime this week, and remember this is your region, you don't have to listen to me... Keep up the good work

Oh, and ya, I like Pupcuintle the best... It just reminds me of my bestest friend, and my furry four-legged uncle, charlie.

TheOtterBoy

Open Sesame Tofu!

...Whut? Arpolody comes from Arpa (Harp in spanish), Apolo (Roman/ Greek (Can´t remember) God of Music and more stuff) and Melody. And, well, it´s genderless. Um...And I don´t see how the eyes make it look mean, and I don´t see it as a male or female...Just...Normal : P
Um...Well, I wanted to make a type related to Sound...But I know I probably messed up. INLNCFKWNFCWOIF.
But I think I´m actually making more Female Pokémon. Wait for later updates and you will see what I mean.

Aaaand...I actually have a Male evil counterpart for Sungeluz and Anglowth... :/
I´m updating the post right tomorrow.
I like how you described the Dog Pokémon. Nice seeing how Pupcuintle reminds you of that...
Oh, and i´m not mad about your comment. I just wanted to make clarifications.

MrGatr

Goin Rogue Baby :DDD

^Well, Apollo, is the Greek god of creativity, and the whole music name, just keep it... It would be fine.

TheOtterBoy

Open Sesame Tofu!

Okay, i´m updating both the first post with all the Pokémon shown and with 1 Fakemon today. Sorry for leaving this behind...But it´s no easy to keep this on with school on us. :/

TinyPic is acting weird, so i´m not sure when I will update.

TheOtterBoy

Open Sesame Tofu!
Ummm can a mod please lock? I´m not leaving this behind, it´s just that I really don´t have much time to update anymore.

If I stop getting extremely busy, then this will be re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.