Help I've got a playset of NVI Eels but no Raikous. What other Expanded decks can use them?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Pretty much any Lightning type attacker can use them. There is promo Pikachu-EX, Vikavolt-GX, and some other Pokemon I can't think of. On PTCGO, type in x50 in the search (or some other damage) and see what shows up. Be sure to turn on the not owned filter.

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
I'm thinking Zekroms or investing into a Ray EX deck for PTCGO but is there anything else that I'm not thinking of?

Yep. Tapu Koko GX. Stack 4 AZ into your deck and keep the cycle of pain going turn after turn after turn. I have used it. It is good. It isn't amazing good and I think I actually prefer Manectric vs the Eels for the energy regeneration (I have played it both ways), but it can be nasty. Also, you could do a Ray Eels deck with 1 or 2 Koko's teched in. I have done this as well and it can be explosive.

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty much any Lightning type attacker can use them. There is promo Pikachu-EX, Vikavolt-GX, and some other Pokemon I can't think of. On PTCGO, type in x50 in the search (or some other damage) and see what shows up. Be sure to turn on the not owned filter.

...Huh. Today I learned you can do that. Thanks Pidgeot!

Yep. Tapu Koko GX. Stack 4 AZ into your deck and keep the cycle of pain going turn after turn after turn. I have used it. It is good. It isn't amazing good and I think I actually prefer Manectric vs the Eels for the energy regeneration (I have played it both ways), but it can be nasty. Also, you could do a Ray Eels deck with 1 or 2 Koko's teched in. I have done this as well and it can be explosive.

It did cross my mind but I was at school and school makes me tired... Anyway it would give the deck a better match-up against Mega Ray and Yveltal EX turbos. Even though I'm 95% sure that archetype of Dark decks kinda got shoved out by Darkrai EX builds...

akealon

Aspiring Trainer
I used Eels along with the Ray online a decent bit to complete Dragon missions. It works OK. Picked up some wins while knocking out missions. I wouldn't play it in a tournament but it does get by for some mission grinding better than anything else I've tried in Dragon (don't have a Salamence EX or that would have made things easier by far).

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
...Huh. Today I learned you can do that. Thanks Pidgeot!

It did cross my mind but I was at school and school makes me tired... Anyway it would give the deck a better match-up against Mega Ray and Yveltal EX turbos. Even though I'm 95% sure that archetype of Dark decks kinda got shoved out by Darkrai EX builds...

Not a problem. Anything to help!

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Raikous are pretty cheap and are really good non ex attackers paired with tapu koko and mewtwo you can have a bunch of different attackers to soot your needs

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
I used Eels along with the Ray online a decent bit to complete Dragon missions. It works OK. Picked up some wins while knocking out missions. I wouldn't play it in a tournament but it does get by for some mission grinding better than anything else I've tried in Dragon (don't have a Salamence EX or that would have made things easier by far).

Depends on the Ray Eels variant you are using. I would take mine to a tournament and expect to do really well (and have). Trashalanche Garb isn't nearly as prevalent in expanded and the correct version of Ray Eels (read: mine) which is running Smeargle and PRC Eelektross can mop up just about anything as early as turn 2. It does play a TON of items though, so it falls victim to item lock. It wouldn't have to, but it also wouldn't be nearly as destructive. A Koko in this deck works really well as an alternate attacker that can take one major head before giving the game right back to Ray.