Ruling IV breeding question - XY

ZeSpecter

Aspiring Trainer
So basically what I'm wondering about how it's possible, when both parents have 5 IVs in the same stats, that the baby only has 4 IVs?

Here's the situation:
I'm breeding for a perfect Salamence with max IVs in all stats.
This is the stats the parents have:
Male parent: 31/31/31/x/31/31 (HP/Def/Atk/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spd)
Female parent: 31/31/31/x/31/31 (HP/Def/Atk/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spd)
Male parent has Destiny Knot
Female parent has Everstone

Regardless of them having 5 IVs in the same stats, I still get 4 IVs baby and obviously some 5 IVs... How is that possible? As fas as I've understood I should get only 5 IV babies since the parents have perfect IVs in the same stats.

This is the right place to post it, right?

This section is for TCG questions.

But to answer this question anyways, the IVs won't always be perfect. I've hatched numerous eggs from 5-6 IV parents and it usually takes me 15-20 Eggs to hatch another 5 or 6 IV Pokémon.

Oh, sorry about that. They should add a help section for the video games too, not just for the card game.

Anyway,
there's no guarantee to get 5 IVs although both parents has 5 IVs then. Thanks for the help, guess I'll just have to keep on breeding them

ZeSpecter said:
Oh, sorry about that. They should add a help section for the video games too, not just for the card game.

Anyway,
there's no guarantee to get 5 IVs although both parents has 5 IVs then. Thanks for the help, guess I'll just have to keep on breeding them

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-pok%C3%A9mon-x-y-playthrough-questions-answers

This thread may be what you're looking for.

Back