It’s Time For Rotation — Scarlet and Violet Set Analysis

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! The winds of change are approaching the Pokemon TCG at last. After a long-delayed rotation, we are finally about to have it happen in April, which I think is a first in the history of the game. After a painfully extended Silver Tempest format due to Crown Zenith being a big nothing burger, I’m sure I speak for all competitive players when I say that I am ready for things to be shaken up. Accompanying the rotation is the new Scarlet & Violet base set, which not only changes the aesthetic of all cards, but also (re)introduces Pokemon ex. Frankly, the ex mechanic is not very interesting, but not everything has to be.
Japan has already been playing with the rotation format for a few weeks, so we have some idea of what’s going on. Today I’ll be reviewing the new set in the context of the upcoming Standard format. Interestingly, I’ve seen some cards receive a lot of hype that I do not think are good, and vice versa. There are some underrated cards here too, so I will have...

Continue reading...

This concludes the public portion of this article, because while I can sorta understand gatekeeping decklist articles (even though plenty of sites and Youtube videos have no issues making the info free like any decent participant of the community would), paylocking a set review?! Get outta here with that garbage. @_@

Back