Help Is this worth something?

Dario006

Aspiring Trainer
Hello guys,
I found my old Pokemon cards, so I just wondered - are they worth some money?
I have so many Pokemon collectibles, but I think that if something worth money this is it...
LINK

Mora

Don't Panic
All of the weird Trainer Pokémon have got to be fake. One red flag (aside from the fact that they're Pokémon, but they say Trainer) is the edges being so square. Also, the font on Energy Search is very off. Same goes for Tangela, Nidoquen (150 HP and an attack for 120 was way too broken back then), Machamp, Geodude, and Sandshrew.

I think usually the only old cards that are worth anything are the ones that are 1st edition and good condition, but I'm no expert. Might want to let others weigh in.

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
I have a feeling most if not all are fake here. I mean there's a Kabuto card there titled Parasect that knows Tail Wag and has the info and PokeDex entry for Eevee...

Scoop

Literally a sheep
You've basically got a mix of weird fakes, such as the non-foil Machamp, the Nidoqueen, the Tangela, the Kabuto that's somehow called "Parasect", those Shellder and Wigglytuff trainers and anything that has weird fonts, borders, or the southern islands stamp. There's also a few more common WOTC era cards that aren't really worth much given them being unlimited and also being in less-than-desirable condition.

I think usually the only old cards that are worth anything are the ones that are 1st edition and good condition, but I'm no expert. Might want to let others weigh in.
I'm pretty sure with early stuff, it's basically anything that's 1st edition and less so Shadowless with Base Set, or high-demand foils like Zard that are in good condition, even in Unlimited. 1st editions in later sets like Jungle or Rocket were much easier to come across, though their foils are still decently pricey. Not too sure about Gym and Neo though, I haven't collected enough of it to be an "expert" on it.

Dario006

Aspiring Trainer
Tnx everyone for replies.
I assumed that some of the cards were fake.
But I can’t believe that all of them are fake?!
That can not be true, or else I bought fakes at official stores :mad:
However, thank you all!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Tnx everyone for replies.
I assumed that some of the cards were fake.
But I can’t believe that all of them are fake?!
That can not be true, or else I bought fakes at official stores :mad:
However, thank you all!
There's a few real ones in there (from what I can tell), but there's definitely a lot of fakes too-anything that has a weird font or a wrong border or just wrong info/text is fake.