Discussion Is Beedrill PRC a new deck Xy-On?

crowfeather4

R.I.P. Night March
Ok, I just had an amazing idea, a complete lockdown deck using Beedrill PRC.
Beedrill has Allergic Shock, which is your opponents active doesn't die if they Switch.
Use Ariados AOR to poison, and Dragalge to keep them there.
Use Vileplume AOR, to stop them from using any switchs or escape ropes.
Do you think this could work, with Giant Plant Forest of course...

I would like to hope so. I'm building a deck following a very similar strategy. I fins the primary issue is that Allergic Shock only activates if the Defending Pokemon takes damage from an attack during your next turn. So in order to maintain some kind of consistency, you would either have to risk the coin flips for Twinneedle, switch to a different Pokemon to inflict the damage, or use Celebi/Shrine of Memories to use an attack from Weedle/Kakuna.

I abandoned the Vileplume part of the idea because I couldn't figure out how to run the Vileplume and have the deck maintain any semblance of speed, since you have to run a stage 2 line and 2 stage 1 lines already. Giant Plant Forest might make it feasible, but until I get a chance to test it, I'm erring on the side of "Too Slow."

I question if Beedrill is the best option. Jirachi ROS does the same thing except quicker, allowing you to KO in 3 turns rather than 6 that Beedrill requires.

I would like to hope so. I'm building a deck following a very similar strategy. I fins the primary issue is that Allergic Shock only activates if the Defending Pokemon takes damage from an attack during your next turn. So in order to maintain some kind of consistency, you would either have to risk the coin flips for Twinneedle, switch to a different Pokemon to inflict the damage, or use Celebi/Shrine of Memories to use an attack from Weedle/Kakuna.

I abandoned the Vileplume part of the idea because I couldn't figure out how to run the Vileplume and have the deck maintain any semblance of speed, since you have to run a stage 2 line and 2 stage 1 lines already. Giant Plant Forest might make it feasible, but until I get a chance to test it, I'm erring on the side of "Too Slow."

Oh, I didn't see that the defending pokemon had to be damaged, whoops. I thought it was if they don't get out of the active spot.

Back