Discussion Is anyone using escape board

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer
I have seen several people playing online still running float stones. This even thought each of their retreat costs is 1 or less. Granted special conditions are not very relevant right now but wouldn’t it just make sense to play escape board and protect against confusion or paralysis? Or is there something else I’m missing. Maybe they just don’t have all the cards they need from Ultra Prism.

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
The only decks I can think that would benefit from Escape Board are Garchomp and Alolan Dugtrio, otherwise Float Stone is still the better option right now. It'll probably change post rotation, but for now Escape Board is kind of reminiscent of how Brigette was in the XY format.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
If Paralysis or Sleep become viable, you can expect them to be used.

Otherwise, they are just inferior to float stone at the moment.

YuriGirl

Aspiring Trainer
Escape Board gets nullified by Mt. Lanakila in some circumstances, and while Mt. Lanakila isn't the most relevant card, I'd rather protect myself against that than I would against special effects.

And of course, Glaceon is a great deck and Glaceon-GX has a retreat cost of 2, so Float Stone is way better in that case.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
And of course, Glaceon is a great deck and Glaceon-GX has a retreat cost of 2, so Float Stone is way better in that case.
You misspelled "Decent"

In all seriousness it's one of the cards that gets way better after rotation

Yog

Rogue
I have found it very useful in Raichu decks, as a means to switch out Pacharisu / Lele / other Pikachu from the active without losing energy.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
I have found it very useful in Raichu decks, as a means to switch out Pacharisu / Lele / other Pikachu from the active without losing energy.
Which float stone also does

Escape board is currently only worth its use against paralysis and sleep which basically isn’t in standard (or expanded more or less)

Unless your Pokémon are all one retreat the float stone is better

Yog

Rogue
Which float stone also does

Escape board is currently only worth its use against paralysis and sleep which basically isn’t in standard (or expanded more or less)

Unless your Pokémon are all one retreat the float stone is better

I knew I forgot something important.

I have found it very useful in Raichu decks, as all the Pokémon in are 1-retreat cost. (No Xurkitree/Koko here).

Kenrad90

Aspiring Trainer
The only decks I can think that would benefit from Escape Board are Garchomp and Alolan Dugtrio, otherwise Float Stone is still the better option right now. It'll probably change post rotation, but for now Escape Board is kind of reminiscent of how Brigette was in the XY format.

Of all the decks I've come across whilst playing online and irl, Garchomp and Alolan Dugtrio decks are the only decks that utilise escape board.

As mentioned above, until status becomes meta I'd probably stick with float stone.

THB

Well?
I have been using float stone, but float stone rotates out then more than likely. I do like the fact with escape board your Pokemon can retreat even if paralyzed or asleep so that is cool. Then again I might try to use it.