Ironman131's Season

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer
I played at the South Bend city tournamnet today. I ended up going 2-3 with my Vir/Gen/ballons deck. 2 of the losses I was very unlucky and had dead hands most of the game. the 3rd loss was a really good game that went down to the wire.

Game 1 Vs. Yveltal garbador
I got a great start and took out his trubbishis two turns in a row. I took four prizes then he took 4 and then I won with a G booster.

Game 2 Vs. Vir/Gen/ Jynx
I started with deoyxs EX and it took me several turns to even get a draw supporter. By the time I was almost able to set up he lysandres my Genesect EX and G booster's it leaving me down big in prizes, and I was unable to catch up at all.

Game 3 Vs. Fariy tool Box
This is the game that went down to the wire. We each had 2 prizes left and he was able to get 150 damage on my benched Genesect EX. He N'd to start his turn and was able to get Landorus EX, and a Rainbow energy of the N so he played it and hammerheaded me benched Genesect EX. The Bad thing was with that N that he played I was able to get a Plasma energy and xerosic, my G booster was on benched genesect.

Game 4 Vs. Yveltal Garbador
This is a game where i started with a balloon and Jirachi EX. I was able to finally get a Virizon EX out before going 3 prizes to 0 taken. Once I got Virizion out I was able to get things going and I ended up Red signaling an Yveltal EX and G boostering said Yveltal EX leaving her with no energy on the feild. At this point she was finally able to get Garbador with a tool and she promoted Seismitoad EX when we are tied at 5 prizes taken each, I then megalo cannon for the win.

Game 5 Vs. Dialga EX/ Bronzong
Once again I get nothing and my opponet gets a pretty good start. He was able to win turn 3 becuase i wasnt able to get much going and was only able to get the 1 Virizion EX benched.

I managed to get 16th place though and got two packs for that even though I got nothing in them. I need to figure out how to get my draw support better.

So I played the Michigan state tournamnet yesterday and unfortanatly didnt make it to day 2 but I still had a good time. I played my Yveltal Ex/ Seismitoad EX deck. And had an ok record of 3-3-1 I definatly made some misplayes and one of the losses was a tie that I gave to my oppenent as a win. There were 8 rounds but I only played 7 because i knew I wasnt going to make top cut.

Round 1 Vs. Flareon/ Empoleon

He won Game 1 with a close game that went down to the wire. I won game 2 because he forgot to lysandre out my siesmitoad EX before saying attacking with flareon, I had just retreated the seimitoad EX the turn before that. I then began to roll through his pokemon because a lot of his resources where already in the discard pile. Game three we ran out of time but he had taken 3 prizes to me only taking 2 so I gave him the game. Looking back if we would have tied a record of 4-2-2 could possibly have made it to top 32.

Round 2 Vs. Gengar EX deck
A well put together deck that was unfortanatly for him completly weak to my deck. So I won game one and game two rather easily.

Round 3 Vs. Seismitoad EX/ Keledo EX/ Jynx
This deck was weird and a pain in the but to play against. Game one he won because I started with really bad dead hand and somehow didnt get a draw supporter out of the 12 I play in the entire deck. Start with Yveltal EX, Lysandres trump card, Lysandre, double colress energy, switch, VS seeker, and a muscle band or something. I didnt draw into any more pokemon so he quaking punched me to death well I was posioned. Game 2 I won because I item locked him very early which made it difficult to draw through his deck because his main source of draw was item cards. I got a very good set up and he scooped the turn before I would have KOd his Jirachi EX for the game. Game three went down to the wire and went to the very last turn. We were tied with two prize cards left and we go back and fourth on our turns after the time expired. The final possible turn of the game he gets a lysandre and pulls up my Yveltal EX and KO's it for the game with Mewtwo EX.

Round 4. Vs Night march with Mew EX
He won game one quick because once again I had a very bad start. Game 2 I start quaking punch right after playing a lysandres trup card so he was unable to get things going again I KO'd 2 Mew Ex's before he had a chance to do anything, I then got a Drakrai EX set up and took the final to KO's on a pumkaboo and Joltic. Game three I won because my oppenent decked himself out. I still would have one if my oppenent didnt deck them self out, I only had three prizes left to take and had 4 left to take, I had a Darkrai EX set up and a laser in my hand as well as a virbank on the feild and he had Mew EX active with a Joltic on the bench with no Mr. Mime because I had already KO'd it.

Round 5 Vs. Primal Groudon deck
I won game one and game 2. Game one he was able to get a Primal Groudon EX fully set up and it was a pain in the ass to take down because he was able to get a focus sash on it, Unfortanatly for him I had two Yveltal EX's set up and Mewtwo EX with three energy on it as well. Game 2 I lysandre up his Groudon EX before it primal evolves and beat it up. i was worried the second game because i started with a lone darkrai EX against a pure fighting deck with no shadow circle in my deck but the Darkrai EX ended up wining the game for me after a big 9 card colress to get a muscle band on my Darkrai EX. I one shotted hit stunfisk in the active spot on did the 30 damage to his Primal groudon with 220 damage on it already from 2 Y cyclones and took my final three prizes.

Round 6 Vs. Yveltal EX/ Seismitoad EX/ Garbador
Game one was close with us both taking 4 prizes but he was able to get the game winning Ko the turn before me. Game two was another really close game with us both taking 5 prizes a piece. He N's me down to 1 while leaving his Garbador active because I would have KO'd any thing else on the bench. I get a Juniper of the N so that was good. The problem was that I got a Vs. seeker for the draw on my turn, I could have Vs. Seekerd for a lysandre and pulled out His Jirachi EX and Ko'd it with Darkrai EX Imeditaly after playing the Juniper I noticed the misplay. The turn after that he brings out his Yveltal EX and wins the game. It was definatly my worst misplay of the day and would have caused a game three where I could have won.

Round 7 Vs. A freakin Pyroar deck
The one deck I didnt want to see because I had no real counter to pyroar except Seismitoad EX and laserbank. The pyroar player was smart and new his deck well he also played many stadiums to counter my virbank and lasers. Game one i ended decking out because i thought one of my Vs. seekers was in the deck still so I could Lysandres trup card my lasers and Virbanks back in so he won game 1. Game 2 I got seismitoade EX out quick and was able to pick off his litleos before they were able to evolve. Game three we tied.

There were a lot of seismitoad EX decks, a lot of flareon and friends, a lot of night march, a lot of Yveltal EX decks. I was suprised to not see very many fairy decks at all, or primal kyogre decks, or steel decks. I probably should have gone with my Vir/ Gen deck because Seismitoad Ex was so popular.

Back