• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Iron Break (Rayquaza EX / Bronzong)

Reggie McGigas

-
Hey there! I'm very new to the Pokémon TCG (as a player, I've been collecting for a while). My friend got me into the game and I've made a basic deck using the cards I have.

Pokemon: 11
  • 2 Rayquaza EX (RS 104/108)
  • 2 M Rayquaza EX (RS 105/108)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (RS 77/108) (These are proxies and I can't afford the actual ones on the budget I am on)
  • 1 Seismitoad EX FF
  • 2 Bronzor PF
  • 2 Bronzng PF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 31
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 1 Sky Field
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Max Potion
  • 1 Trainer's Mail
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Rayquaza Sprit Link
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 2 Winona
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Tierno
  • 1 Steven
  • 2 Revive
  • 1 Pal Pad
  • 2 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Muscle Band
Energy: 18
  • 4 DCE
  • 14 Steel Energy

Strategy:

Try to get an Ultra Ball, Bronzong, and 3 Steel Energy ASAP. Get Rayquaza EX out using ultra ball, discarding 2 Steel Energy in order to do so. Then, use Bronzong's Metal Links ability to put the energy back onto Rayquaza, and attach an energy from your hand to Rayquaza. Rayquaza now has 3 energy so it can use Dragon Pulse until the power of an Emerald Break does more damage than a Dragon Pulse. When you have at least 4 benched Pokémon, Mega Evolve to M-Rayquaza and shut down your opponent.

Siesmatoad is there as a backup in case both Bronzongs or both Rayquaza EXs are prized. I plan on replacing him with Registeel AO when that set comes out.

Remember I am new to the competitive scene so feel free to provide constructive criticism. Also, I am looking for a way to play without Shaymin EX as my league doesn't allow proxies. any suggestions are appreciated.

I recommend the following for the XY-On format
-3 N (rotating)
-1 Max Potion (^)
-1 Comp Search (^)
-2 Hypnotoxic Laser (^)
-1 Colress (^)
-3 juniper (replace with Sycamore)
-1 Pal Pad (VS Seeker can get supporters back easily and puts it in your hand)
-1 Tierno (there are better draw support)
-1 Revive (I like one in this deck to recover a bronzor or rayquaza you might've had to discard earlier but 1 is enough)
-1 Steven
-2 Winona (just for the shaymin EXs, I wouldn't recommend using a supporter for turn just to search for Shaymin EX and you said you don't want them)
-2 Shaymin EXs
-3 Mega Turbo (You can charge up Rayquaza already in just one turn with a DCE + Metal Links)
-6 Metal Energy (you don't a lot of Metal energy because you can get them from the discard with Metal Links)

+2 Battle Compressor (gets metal energies in discard)
+4 Professor Sycamore (replacement for Juniper and maxing this card out helps with consistency)
+4 Shauna/Prof Birch Observations (play around with which one you like best. Adds draw support to the deck)
+1 Rayquaza
+1 M Rayquaza (These additions will give you multiple rayquazas to go through the opponent)
+4 VS Seeker (helps get back supporters. Another cool thing is that if you have no supporter or want a specific supporter from your deck, you can battle compressor + VS Seeker to get the supporter you want)
+2 Heatran PHF (A great non-EX attacker that can hit for good damage)
+2 Skyfield (bumping this to 3 makes sure you can get it out fast and hit for that 240 number)
+1 Dialga EX PHF (gives another attacker to diversify the deck)
+1 Aegislash EX (Another great attacker and blocks Special Energy attackers)
+1 Bronzor PHF (Thick line helps with consistency)
+1 Bronzong PHF (^)
+2 Lysandre (Helps finish off weakened EXs)
+2 Switch (helps switch out of those high retreat cost Pokemons like Bronzong)

Hope I helped!

Back