• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Invading Darkness (Giratina) for Cities (Masters)

shadoworganoid

"Crimson Dance, Yugetsu!"
Okay, Im thinking ahead a little bit about the next set; HG/SS Triumphant.

Pokemon: 19

3-1 Giratina Lv X (Giratina #10) http://pokebeach.com/scans/platinum/10-giratina.jpg
2 Lunatone (SV)
2 Solrock (TR)
2-2 Darkrai Cresselia Legend
3-1 Uxie Lv X
1 Regice (LA)
1 Spiritomb (LA)
1 Unown Q

Solrock - Fighting - HP 70
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Body: Heal Block
If you have any Lunatone in play, neither player’s Pokemon can recover any HP.

[F] Sun Flash: 20 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, when the Pokemon that was hit by this attack uses an attack, your opponent flips a coin, if tails the attack fails.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Darkrai & Cresselia LEGEND – Darkness / Psychic – HP150
Legendary Pokemon

Combine 2 Darkrai & Cresselia LEGEND cards in your hand and play them on your Bench.

[D][D][C][C] Lost Crisis: 100 damage. Place 2 Energy attached to this Pokemon in the Lost Zone. Place a Pokemon that’s Knocked Out by damage from this attack and all cards attached to it in the Lost Zone.
[P] Invitation of the Moon: Choose any number of damage counters on your opponent’s Pokemon and move them onto your opponent’s Pokemon in any way you like.

If this Pokemon is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting / Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

T/S/S: 28

3 Collectors
3 Bebe Search
3 Communication
1 Luxury Ball
3 Warp Point
4 Hunter/SSU (Not sure which one yet)
1 Ruins of Alph
1 Indigo Plateu (TR)
1 Palmers
1 Alph Litograph (TR)
3 PONT
2 Expert Belt
2 Lucians Assignment

Energy: 13

9 {P}
4 DCE

Strategy:
This deck is a spread deck. Simple as that. Up until now, spread decks have been nearly impossilbe to pull of because of Garchomp C's Healing Breath. As soon as you spread 30, they just heal it all away and follow it up with a dragon rush. Well, the new Solrock from Triumphant solves that problem. If you have a lunatone in play, neither player can recover HP. So healing breath does nothing now. Your spread damage is free to build up until you can take 3+ prizes at once. And I didnt realize this at first, but the Supreme Victors Lunatone is great too. As long as solrock is in play, all of your lunatone and solrock cannot be affected by damage or effects of attacks from pokemon lv X. So garchomp C cannot snipe them and ruin the lock.

So to recap, my Lunatone and Solrock combo gives me heal lock, AND a built in Bench Shield of sort.

This combo is very easy to set up too. Lunatone and Solrock are both normal basics and can be searched out via Collector.

I chose to add in a Spritomb (LA) to increase the spread damage speed.
And Regice is for when Im under trainer lock by Spiritomb (AR).

The Ruins of Alph and Darkrai Cresselia Legend are my Dialga G counters mostly. Dialga G turns off all my pokebodies AND resists Giratina. Ruins of Alph gets rid of that resistance at least and DC Legend can manipulate damage counters onto Dialga G avoiding resistance completely.
Further more, by moving damage counters around, I can KO Gengar (SF) without activating its Fainting Spell.

The list looks good and, I like the idea. I just have one question, why do you play Alph Lithograph, wouldn't it be better to play Azelf LA?

Did you come up with a counter to Donphan Prime? It can Ko DCL in 1 hit with an E-belt and one Plus power.

Afro-G: Thanks, and well.... I originally had Azelf, but then if it got sprayed, I didnt get a pokemon and I still have no clue which prize is which. At least this way I can tell what each prize is.

Pokemaster Ryan: Well, I would never use DCL against Donphan Prime. She is just my backup pokemon.

I like the deck too :D
Machamp SF will give you a hard time, I guess you'll need a counter for that.
Maybe you could also try to trainer lock so that the oppenent can't use Poketurns an SSU, but it might be to much.

There are some serious problem:

1, Luxray GL L.X can gust of wind solrock and kill it.

2, Your combo with Solrock is not going to work with dialga G.

3, Why don t your put lost world?

Even without thiumphant cards, you can owned your opponent s Luxchomp with Giratina LA. If you only have a few bench, your can continue spreading damage until your opponent run out of poke turn. Your opponent must heal each turn, if not, Brutal edge will kill it.

In general, it is a very good deck.

Why is nobody putting some Rosen?

Since you play alpha litograph you should put in 1 rotom UD. I think this is a better combo than using azelf LA since you can use rotoms power every turn and with alpha litograph you can see your prises and know what card you should take with rotom. So maybe take out 1 warp point for it? Or something else.

@willgar: Thats true. I was thinking about using Toxicroak G (PL) for that. But I kinda forgot when writing this list out. lol

@wang zitong: Luxray X is no threat to my combo. If they drag it up, that means they are leveled up, and because of that, they cannot damage Lunatone or Solrock at all. (Read Lunatone SV's pokebody)
I know. Dialga G is my biggest weakness. Thats part of the reason Darkrai Cressy legend is here.
Lost world was a good idea, but then, if my combo is working, I wont need to use that stadium cause I will end up taking 3+ prizes at once anyways.

PS: If you mean, googleeanse research, its not legal anymore.

@Aburame Yuki: Hmmm....I didnt think about that rotom. In fact, I never noticed it did that. lol I just wonder how much its really going to be needed overal. Hmmm....

I would personaly use Azelf rather than Rotom UD because you don't know which card you're putting in your prizes, and if you use alpha litograph, it takes one more space in your deck.

Back