International Service Project Ideas?

J

Juliacoolo

Hello! Recently I've become a board member of my community's service club, part of Rotary international. Alongside various other events, every year, our community chooses a large, international project to donate the year's earnings to.

Our previous international project was for the benefits of the Heifer International Foundation. The nearly $10,000 dollars our community raised went to the purchase of farm animals such as Goats, Chickens, Cows, and many other animals that would help support families of severely impoverished nations for years to come.

[img=275x150]http://kleinpr.net/images/Heifer%20Logo.gif[/img]

Programs in which the donations "keep on giving", such as the long term support from donating animals, capture the spirit that we hope our next project expresses as well.

All ideas are very much appreciated! Even if you just want to comment on what you think, we want to hear it!

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
www.water.org

Water.org is an organization that helps communities design and construct their own sustainable water supply systems in needy countries where clean water is unavailable.

Check em' out, I know somebody who was a very active partner with them and filmed his trip to the town in Haiti he went to to help them build a well.