Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanine 274

=/
OK, ONLY reason I am making this thread is that I just had surgery on Tuesday, and I've been out for 2 days.

I was just wondering how the members of this forum have hurt themselves.

I'll update later with mine, since it's really annoying typing with only 1 hand =[

Also keep it not-so-graphic for those who are squeamish (lol I know I didn't spell that right ;p).

Arcanine out.

EmeraldHanyou

Aspiring Trainer
I've had countless hairline fractures, about three or four deep wounds, and a few dislocations. Interestingly enough, I only went to the hospital once because of an accident, and it was to receive stitches. The incident left me with a mark above my left eye, reminds me of Scar's from the Lion King. I'm glad my eyebrow is covering most of it though. For my other cuts and lacerations, I found gauze, standard tissues, and sucking it up to be more than enough.

Papi/Manny

Fixing=definately delayed, maybe done?
Only cut myself on a piece of glass stuck in my bicycle when I was 8ish. A friend of mine has suffered everything.....and done everything. lol. Damn 30 feet crocodiles!

Dragon Rider Of PokeBeach

Thread Killer
1. a fake volcano (ya know vinegar baking powder) blew up and got in my eyes. result: emergency room.
2. freind stabbed me with mechanical pencil and now have lead in my leg result: none

Master of the Six Kings

I IZ GENIUS!
Got shoved by a loser of a bully and ended up breaking my ankle (I hit a caution cone, How lame!). The dock said that if i walked on it in 3 months it'd be a miracle. I was off crutches in 4 days.
Other then that nothing big. However when the kid shoved me i ened up kicking him in the knee cap and dislocated it:( Should've been happy but got suspened for it.

BM1014

Banner credit to lilsparks and G2F.
Only ingrown toenails.....about over 4 times on each big toe.....it hurts and I have it now.:(

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
Nothing, and I mean nothing even close to serious has ever happened to me. YAY, I lead a boring yet safe life :)

Light Venusaur

Deidara~Senpai's student (in training)
Advanced Member
Latest one:
Badly twisted left ankle...1 monthe before metting Vic "Ed Elric/Broly" Mignona (in other words: @ the lame JAA (Poketour Australia))

Togeshroob

Shroobs > Humans
Nothing serious. I have just hit my head on ceilings, walls, desks, board, etc. a few million times.

shard79

Elite Trainer
Well, theirs a list of serious ones:

Stuck small metal cube in my nose in second grade(it bled and i couldn't breath through right nostril)
jumped of a bridge and broke my leg
got stabbed with a pencil and got graphite at the base of my right middle finger
cut open eyebrow when i was four
got a nail in my foot
broke my arm twice
broke my wrist
flipped right into a roll and unexpectidly hit a wall and i couldn't breath and had heart burn like chest pain
got bitten twice by a crazy little kid and it bled(he had braces)

thats pretty muchy it for serious ones....little ones are a part of my day to day life

CCloud

Aspiring Trainer
I often bump my legs/feet/ankles against something hard and it hurts, but after awhile, it goes away. But that tells you something; it tells you my life is similar to c-m's, but with a few bumps and bruises. ;[

Shawn out.

bacon

!!!!!
A screwdriver once found its way into my left eye. My eyesight is fine though, and the screwdriver didn't go into my bra--*starts drooling*

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
You cut off brain just at the right place to make people think naughty things and possibly think you were drooling about something else... I'm going to stop now...

Anyhow, HOW DO YOU GUYS GET SUCH LONG LISTS? I mean, come on, that's not normal, what do you guys do, jump off cliffs to see if you survive?

Fire Pokémon supporter

OK at least its better than bubel sprite
CCloud said:
I often bump my legs/feet/ankles against something hard and it hurts, but after awhile, it goes away. But that tells you something; it tells you my life is similar to c-m's, but with a few bumps and bruises. ;[

Shawn out.

The same
cute-mew said:
Anyhow, HOW DO YOU GUYS GET SUCH LONG LISTS? I mean, come on, that's not normal, what do you guys do, jump off cliffs to see if you survive?

Yes. There are many more, only that the aren't posting because they couldn't survive :p

King Deoxazard

Go...! Wait what is that?! A LegoBall?!
CCloud said:

Shawn out.

Yep, me to.

Injuries-
I was a my friends house and after we watched a movie we went to bed (There mom is kinda stricted(But not to me :p)) And there beds are small(Lenght wis) compared to mine (plus the one I was sleeping on had TWO matresses and without the mattresses it was about tree feet tall). And since I'm used to rolling around on my bed, I rolled OFF and my rist hit a cabinet, and then fell on my rist. OUCHIES! It got broken, and I had to go to the emergency room.

Mewstor

Pokémon Professor
Oookey...

-Fell down the stairs and had my left foot wrapped up for a two weeks. Sprained ankle and bruised heel. It still gets sore once in a while.
-Dental surgery twise, two stiches both times. Not nice stuff...
-12 stiches in all from cuts (5, 6 and 1 on different wounds)
-A tree fell on me when I was young. A branch stub hit me and left my left shoulder kinda weird. There's this weird hard blob inside my shoulder that gets sore alot.
-Cut my finger once when trying to peel an orange with a knife. Nothing too serious.
-Ran into something sharp and cut my knee open. Nothing too serious.

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/
When I was in Molokai Hawaii, I was walking around a coral reef area called, "20 Mile Marker." I was eight years old, btw.  While I was turning over rocks looking for sea cucumbers :), I saw an orange sea slug :D.  I went to pick it up but when I did I felt a sharp pain (sting).  I dropped immediately and picked out little white needles from my hand.  Well, I immediately walked out of the water and a local came over and told me, and I 1,000,000% agree with him, "NEVER go walking in the water bare footed." >___> Well, that wasn't the case for me.

So, I go back to my Mom and sister, my Dad had left to go back to the main land, but I didn't tell anyone.  You know, 'cause I was eight and all... worried about getting yelled at. >_>  The next day, my thumb started to swell up, and I mean SWELL.  It was read and looked bruised.  My Mom treated it but we had to go to a doctor.  Good thing he/she, I forget, was able to cure it beacuse if I had waited another 48 hours, I would've had blood poisoning.  But, luckily, that didn't ruin the one month vacation at Hawaii.  Later, from asking my Mom's friend who lives in Hawaii, I was stung by a sea centipede.  I have another story like this but it involves being in a cove with giant boulders of coral and strong currents.

So remember kids, don't do drugs or pick up anything that looks unusual from the water.

Arcanine 274

=/
Alright, I have enough for a decent sized book, but I'm just going to say why I had the surgery.

When I was 12 years old I went to a water-park in Oklahoma City called White Water Bay. Anyways I went off a slide that probably is a 6-8 foot drop. When I hit the pool below I felt a sharp pain seer through my left arm, and when I came to the surface I realized that I could not move my left arm.

Somehow I swam the ~10 feet to the edge of the pool (with people jumping in behind me, still. WAIT YOUR TURN). Anyways I told my mom, who rushed me to the sad little doctor's place at the park, who decided that it was out-of-socket, and told me to go to the hospital.

Fastforward to the Hospital and picture my family and I, sopping wet with beach towels draped around us. White trash, anyone? lol.

I had to take X-rays of the arm (that was fun) and stand in the waiting room for 2-and-a-half hours, until my doctor decided that he would see me. He then told me that I broke my arm, due to a cist in my arm. Funfunfun.

I had to wear this horrible sling for about 10 weeks, but once I got out of it, I found out the cist was still there. So I had to wait until iy was fully healed before I could get surgery. But then I decided that I should wait until early-summer and not fight with it in the school-year.

And...here I am. Yay?

lol that took 13 minutes to write ;p

Arcanine out.

Status
Not open for further replies.