TCG Fakes Imposter Professor Oak's Fakes Ideas Thread

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
Fan Fakes Ideas Thread

This is the Fan Fakes Ideas Thread. A thread where if you don't have the time or skills to make one of your ideas you can post it here for someone else to make or to collaborate with you.

In this thread you can post developed ideas for games, TCG cards or sets, fakemon, fake mega evolutions and anything else that can be posted in the Fan Fakes forum.

Credit is paramount. If you're going to use someone's idea then credit them wherever you post it. Rough drawings can be posted here but not many to one idea. If you have a great drawing and want someone to help you make it into a viable Pokemon then that is also allowed in this thread. Please don't feel you have to submit your idea here. Have your own and want to make it yourself? Make a thread!

im thinking mega unown not as in all o them (can if you want) because unown is a pokemon that only knows hodden power ( unless im wrog) and it's not even special so i think unown should

If anyone needs assistance with making cards, feel free to shoot me a PM (on deviantart, because that's where I'll respond instantly - you can PM me here but it may take a month or more for me to respond).

If the mods are chill with it, I'll link to my dA here.

There aren't enough fire types.

What we need are big feathered serpents, the final evolution of which breathes fire and is half flying or half dragon.

They are loosely based (design-wise) off of fireworks. The basic is like those little charcoal-colored snakes that you light, the ones that grow and grow.

The stage one is larger, and more colorful, with some adornments radiating like fireworks would in the sky. I was thinking rudimentary feathered wings (not large enough to fly with though) that would then grow large and strong in the stage two. Maybe open flames incorporated somewhere.

The final evolution, I imagine a ferocious Quetzlcoatl like creature, looking like the lovechild of Rayquaza and Ho-oh. I don't think it should necessarily have the small limbs like Rayquaza though, emphasizing that it is a snake,right? There could be open flames radiating from the neck or torso, heck, I don't know. Something resplendent and intimidating, like a big dramatic firework display, right?

I'm not sure if these should be given snakelike mouths with fangs or birdlike heads with beaks. While the former seems more natural, and easily drawn, I think the latter would help make them a little more unique. There are lots of bird pokemon, and lots of snake pokemon, but not too many birdheaded-snakebodied pokemon.

I'm not much of an artist (my attempts at these were terrible) but if any of the talented people here want to take a stab at it, please do. I'd be really interested to see what you come up with.

A similar design could be an electric type flying serpent imo, swapping the firework design for one more akin to lightning bolts. Now I'm thinking something that looks like a fusion of Rayquaza and Manectric. Not sure what to do for the basic and/or stage one, but as a final evolution I can just imagine a huge glowing yellow/electric blue snake, lighting up the night sky. I know there are people who come on here that have tons of artistic talent, if you need any ideas to bring to life, this could be one of them.

I'm making a set called VS. Battle Zone, which will have 120 cards, and will feature VS. cards, which will be two Pokemon battling each other and have 3 moves. (First Pokemon's move, second Pokemon's move, and a team up move.) I will use http://pokemoncardmaker.org/ to make them. Any suggestions on what Pokemon to make?

PLEASE don't use Pokémon Card Maker. It makes your work really sloppy, unprofessional, and it makes even the best ideas get outclassed by a 3 year old's work. Get GIMP or Photoshop instead, they are much better.

If that VS style (two Pokemon on one card) is something you're keen on, I'd suggest that you make a new blank. It seems like it would benefit a lot from being similar to LEGEND cards, and would help separate yourself from the original official VS cards that feature only one Pokemon.

And yeah, this means you should NOT use an online card-maker. Dedicated image-editing programs are the best for fake cards, and also allows you to enter image-based Create-A-Card competitions should you ever decide on that.

Reggie McGigas said:
PLEASE don't use Pokémon Card Maker. It makes your work really sloppy, unprofessional, and it makes even the best ideas get outclassed by a 3 year old's work. Get GIMP or Photoshop instead, they are much better.

Quite funny coming from you!

But Pokemon Card Maker doesn't exist. There's only PCM2 and MyPokeCard. PCM2 is fully released only because I don't wanna keep peeps waiting for something I mightn't finish.

I hope it is ok to post this here:

People, please, please, stop using 'place damage counters' instead of 'put damage counters' when you word your card. The correct is 'put'. It's always been, since frigging WotC. C'mon.

Sorry if this sounds more like a rant than proper advice, I'll update this post later with more "dos and don'ts" of wording.

> Looks at my text-draft versions of my cards in my thread
> Sees "Place [X] damage counter..." on a heap of cards
> Cries

I think a wording guide would be awesome. Common errors and ways to write attacks in each era - a guide for that would be very very handy.

Nod3 said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Quite funny coming from you!

And why is that funny?

Hey actually if anyone needs help with their ideas, I'm trying to do some text sets which I eventually plan to convert to images, but I want the text ideas in order before I commit to making the images.

Back