• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard I'm Batman (M Gallade EX / Crobat)

arulz

THE SEEKER
Pokemon 21
  • 2 Deoxys
  • 3 Gallade EX
  • 3 Mega Gallade EX
  • 3 Zubat
  • 3 Golbat
  • 3 Crobat
  • 2 Remoraid
  • 2 Octillery
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums 34
  • 3 Gallade Spirit Link
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 1 Mega Turbo
  • 2 Super Scoop Up
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 4 Dimension Valley
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Pokemon Fan Club
Energy 9
  • 9 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

Strategy is to lead with either deoxys or gallade ex and either draw cards or attack, depending on the situation. Later on use bats to target damage, either soften EX's for the OHKO, or snype low HP Pokemon with the help of M Gallade.

4 dimension valley to ensure being able to attack for 2 energy. Octillery instead of shaymin because it is less vulnerable prize wise, has better late game help, and is 1/10th of the price. Ultra ball is used primarily to thin out the hand.

Would have liked to find room for super rod, prof letter, another mega turbo, another Skyla, but couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
IMO, Bats really don't "spread" vs. "target" specific opponent's Pokemon unless you plan to use Golbat's Swoop Across attack. Also, should your opponent play Hex Maniac, your sneaky Bite(s) are nullified for a turn. But then, you can use Swoop Across an an alternative to further spread damage across your oponent's entire field.

One strategy to consider also is using Parallel City to narrow your opponent's bench which would then make your Sneaky Bites and subsequent Unwavering Blade more effective.

Also, running 3-4 Level Balls will help get your bench setup faster, as well as get your Octillery and Golbats into play faster too.

Based upon my experience and running a different variation, following are some suggested changes for your consideration:

-1 Crobat - not really needed
-1 Ultra Bal - 3 should be sufficient since additional VS Seeker will be added and your card-draw Supporters can be reused
-1 Battle Compressor - not really needed
-1 Mega Turbo - "1" is insufficient (if you want to use this as part of your strategy, then you should run at least 3)
-1 Float Stone - "1" is insufficient
-1 Dimension Valley - not needed
-1 Lysandre - not really needed

+3 Level Ball - to maximize your Pokemon search capability
+2 VS Seeker - to maximize your discarded Supporter reuse (or 1 VSS and 1 Parallel City)
+2 Super Scoop Up - to maximize your reuse of Bats (or 1 SSU and 1 Super Rod)

Teammates may be worth adding too since, I suspect, you'll be playing from behind, i.e. in prizes, in most games.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I will absolutely test them out.

Do you think parallel city might be disadvantageous as using it might let my opponent knock off nearly dead Pokemon, making it a dead card a lot of the times when it's mid to late game? Do you think teammates is worth it even though my main attacker is an EX, allowing only 3 or four turns of use in the game?

The other suggestions are great. Do you prefer crobat or foretress with gallade? What do you find are the toughest match ups?

Do you think parallel city might be disadvantageous as using it might let my opponent knock off nearly dead Pokemon, making it a dead card a lot of the times when it's mid to late game?
The Parallel City is perhaps more of an early game tactic (some players do not run counter-Stadiums). You definitely want to keep your opponent's wounded Pokemon in play; so, you can hopefully take those Pokemon as prizes.

Do you think teammates is worth it even though my main attacker is an EX, allowing only 3 or four turns of use in the game?
You need time to get your M Gallade EXs setup and powered-up; so, there is a good chance your starters will be need to "take 1 for the team" during this setup period. So, Teammates can be quite helpful in those situations. Testing can help you determine if you think it would be worth including and/or keeping Teammates in your deck.

Do you prefer crobat or foretress with gallade? What do you find are the toughest match ups?
Lol, neither; I definitely prefer the Gourgeist (XY) line over both Bats or Forretress for several reasons, including:

• Pumpkaboo (XY) Confuse Ray attack is very helpful at times. This is my preferred starter.
  • Gourgeist drops damage counters and it can not be countered unlike Bats and Forretress in which case, Hex Maniac nullifies their respective Abilities.
  • Gourgeist's Eerie Voice attack can potentially get more damage counters into play faster.
  • Gourgeist's Spirit Scream attack can also get significantly more damage counters into play when the defending Pokemon has a large amount of HP.

Lol, neither; I definitely prefer the Gourgeist (XY) line over both Bats or Forretress for several reasons, including:

• Pumpkaboo (XY) Confuse Ray attack is very helpful at times. This is my preferred starter.
  • Gourgeist drops damage counters and it can not be countered unlike Bats and Forretress in which case, Hex Maniac nullifies their respective Abilities.
  • Gourgeist's Eerie Voice attack can potentially get more damage counters into play faster.
  • Gourgeist's Spirit Scream attack can also get significantly more damage counters into play when the defending Pokemon has a large amount of HP.

Fair enough! I would have guessed it would be too slow, due to being an attack. I'll test it :) Trevanant break also comes to mind.

Fair enough! I would have guessed it would be too slow, due to being an attack. I'll test it :) Trevanant break also comes to mind.
Definitely test all options till you find your "preferred" starter - Pumpkaboo (XY) and Gourgeist definitely work for me and my play-style.

I do like the Phantump (BKP), Trevenant (XY) and Trevenant BREAK line. These Pokémon provide some nice options, especially a T1 Trevenant (XY), via Wally or Ascension. A T1 Item-lock can really disrupt opponents lots of times. The additional 50 HP Trevenant BREAK are also very helpful (much better than the 100 HP Gourgeist has).

My thoughts would be to evolve to Trevenant BREAK as quickly as possible and start attacking with only P energy (with Dimension Valley in play) in order to devote time to getting the M Gallade EX setup. For example, I'd start with:

4 Phantump (BKP) - preferred starter
4 Trevenant (XY)
3 Trevenant BREAK
4 Gallade EX
3 M Gallade EX
1 Espurr
1 Meowstic - useful to rearrange damage counters on all opponent's Pokémon for alternate way to get KOs
1 Wobbuffet (PHF) - another Pokémon whose Ability can be disruptive and a good alternate attacker after damage has been spread

My focus has been on Expanded deck testing lately since we are in the Regional's tournaments "season;" but, please let me know how your testing goes. I am still interested in further developing this particular deck concept.

Good luck and have fun.

This one of my favorite casual play decks. Without mega turbo the deck has a ton of challenges. However, now I would run it with max elixir + mega turbo. The best results I've seen from the deck is with Forretress. Though against water and electric decks you should not evolve Forretress until Gallade can attack. Because you accelerate the energy so fast you can run it with a copy or two of Team Auqua to stop retreats. This also increases Forretress potential as an attacker.

Back