XY Ideas for Future Pokémon Generations

professorlight

Ice Queen
TheRoyalXerneas said:
I've always wanted a Pokemon where you could travel back in time to the age of the fossil Pokemon!! With themes being more present in the games like beauty in gen 6, I would love for them to continue on that and even expand on those ideas. It may seem a little dark but a Pokemon game with a post war destruction sort of theme where most of the region is in tatters, but post game everything is rebuilt and is basically a new region. I think I should stop, my imagination is all over the place :p

I'm liking this idea. maybe not to the age of the fossils, but to other time period or even an alternate dimension, where the routes, cities and wild pokemon are different but the same, kinda like A link to the past, ocarina of time, twilight princess, or even lanayru desert in skyward sword. Such a mechanic would give a lot of room for interesting stories and interesting places and pokemon. The theme (as in nature/progress for unova and beauty for kalos) could be "changes".

I love pokemon's naivete, but it makes it a bit shallow too. It's about time it gets a little dark and mature, regardless of its target audience.

ustinodj

Shiny Hunter
I think that it would be cool to have a shiny for shines, it would be a shiny, maybe with a different effect, and would instead of having the usual color pallet it would have a random color pallet from one of some of the basic color's, for say, if a charmander and its line has gold for charmander and charmeleon, and black for charizard, it could have a pallet of maybe green/blue/white/and others, and have a chance of having each of the already huge chnce like 1/16000
so you could get a white charizard and the rest of its line.

Spartan Sceptile

Just goin for a walk....
ustinodj said:
I think that it would be cool to have a shiny for shines, it would be a shiny, maybe with a different effect, and would instead of having the usual color pallet it would have a random color pallet from one of some of the basic color's, for say, if a charmander and its line has gold for charmander and charmeleon, and black for charizard, it could have a pallet of maybe green/blue/white/and others, and have a chance of having each of the already huge chnce like 1/16000
so you could get a white charizard and the rest of its line.

I sorta get ya, you want a shiny that only appears when you encounter actual shinies? that's what its interpreted as for me, I think just add something else to go along with shinies, like the fake monochromatic rumours going around after the games launch, they could be another type of shiny

Agent26_PokePolice

Poke-Police Special Agent
How about cross-breeding between pokemon of the same animal type. For example a Ratatata breeding with a Pikachu. Off-spring would be an Electric/Normal type with increased speed and higher crit ratios.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Agent26_PokePolice said:
How about cross-breeding between pokemon of the same animal type. For example a Ratatata breeding with a Pikachu. Off-spring would be an Electric/Normal type with increased speed and higher crit ratios.

That wouldn't work on a large scale because we'd need literally thousands of crossbreeds to make that happen. I can see them possibly doing that for a few Pokemon, but probably not that many.

Shining Goodra

HeeHee - Michael Jackson
Pokemon in space, nuff said, a futuristic Pokemon game set a couple thousand years in the future, of course Earth (Pokemon world) will exist. There will be a more futuristic spacey feeling, Alien Pokemon anyone? I think we'd see Deoxys still, and all the Pokemon able to leave the O-Zone. After a while all the room on the planet of Pokemon will be taken up. We can't overlap lands, so all we can do is go up.

Matty

Aspiring Trainer
Ideas for future generations?

Oh, I don't know, how about..pure flying non legendary types! >_<

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
PokeChimpo said:
Pokemon in space, nuff said, a futuristic Pokemon game set a couple thousand years in the future, of course Earth (Pokemon world) will exist. There will be a more futuristic spacey feeling, Alien Pokemon anyone? I think we'd see Deoxys still, and all the Pokemon able to leave the O-Zone. After a while all the room on the planet of Pokemon will be taken up. We can't overlap lands, so all we can do is go up.

The series tends to emphasis the world of Pokemon, so I don't think they would do a space themed game unless it's a spinoff. Maybe an event area, but probably not anything signficant.

Mega Weavile

Aspiring Trainer
The reigon would be based off Greece with legendaries being based off the Twelve Olympians, with the main trio being pokemon based off Zeus (Flying/Electric), Posidon (Water/Ground) and the third being Hades (Dark/Ghost).
The starting town could be the Island of Mycanos (beautiful place, search it up on Google) and the Elite Four could be set in Athens. In the post-game you could travel to a new reigon, which would be based off Rome! Each twelve legendaries would have an alternate form, maybe switching there attacking/defensive stats around (The Zeus Pokemon would swap Special Attack with Attack).
There would be pokemon based off air spirits, water spirits, pegasus (evolution fo Rapidash anyone?), The manticore, centaur and lots more mythlogical creatures. To find the Posidon Lefendary you would have to travle down to 'Atlantis', to find the Zeus Legendary you would have to travel up to 'Olympus' and to find the Hades legendary you would have to travel to a underground cavern.
Some returning pokemon should be pokemon such as: Ponyta, Skrelp and Clauncher, Budew, Pidove and lots others

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Mega Weavile said:
The reigon would be based off Greece with legendaries being based off the Twelve Olympians, with the main trio being pokemon based off Zeus (Flying/Electric), Posidon (Water/Ground) and the third being Hades (Dark/Ghost).
The starting town could be the Island of Mycanos (beautiful place, search it up on Google) and the Elite Four could be set in Athens. In the post-game you could travel to a new reigon, which would be based off Rome! Each twelve legendaries would have an alternate form, maybe switching there attacking/defensive stats around (The Zeus Pokemon would swap Special Attack with Attack).
There would be pokemon based off air spirits, water spirits, pegasus (evolution fo Rapidash anyone?), The manticore, centaur and lots more mythlogical creatures. To find the Posidon Lefendary you would have to travle down to 'Atlantis', to find the Zeus Legendary you would have to travel up to 'Olympus' and to find the Hades legendary you would have to travel to a underground cavern.
Some returning pokemon should be pokemon such as: Ponyta, Skrelp and Clauncher, Budew, Pidove and lots others

About the manticore, maybe Litleo could have an alternate evolution with Fire/Poison or vice-versa. That tail left me dreaming that it would evolve into something inspired on a manticore but all we got was Pyroar.
Hum...I like the idea of Pokémon inspired on ancient greek deities but I would prefer if they were to be more animal than human looking and, before that, how would Arceus, Giratina, Palkia and Dialga be explained (or the "greek Pokémon")? Would this "Greekmon" also be creations of Arceus or perhaps humans that became god-like and Pokémon creatures? I would like this last explanation since it would mean that despite Arceus and all major entities being Pkmns, humans too can achieve that status, even if that means becoming like Pokémon.

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!
Spartansn1p3r said:
Post your ideas for gen-related things. Think about regions, fitting names, themes, etc.

My Idea:

Seeing as Kalos was Based on France, I think there should be more regions based on actual countries.

Australian Region Named : Austris

Pokémon: A Koala pokemon, Kangaroo Pokémon, Evolution to Heliolisk as he is a frill neck lizard.

Region Description: A Vast region with Deserts, Volcanoes, Bustling Cities and Country land! There is also an Island Where a Gym leader Resides (Based off Tasmania)

This gen would be based off Australia. (Obviously)

I love this idea, being born and currently living here. Do you live here? Because Australia has no volcanoes, and my twin sister and I have the same idea.

Spartan Sceptile

Just goin for a walk....
HoOhLugia said:
Spartansn1p3r said:
Post your ideas for gen-related things. Think about regions, fitting names, themes, etc.

My Idea:

Seeing as Kalos was Based on France, I think there should be more regions based on actual countries.

Australian Region Named : Austris

Pokémon: A Koala pokemon, Kangaroo Pokémon, Evolution to Heliolisk as he is a frill neck lizard.

Region Description: A Vast region with Deserts, Volcanoes, Bustling Cities and Country land! There is also an Island Where a Gym leader Resides (Based off Tasmania)

This gen would be based off Australia. (Obviously)

I love this idea, being born and currently living here. Do you live here? Because Australia has no volcanoes, and my twin sister and I have the same idea.

Yes I am an Australian citizen and I live in NSW, I do know Australia has no Volcanoes but it would be cool if there was like a secret volcano in the desert with like a fire/rock type legendary, it would be cool. I could see the Great barrier Reef also making it into the game as a post-game thing, the starting town would probably be somewhere in the middle of NSW, then you can head towards Sydney, go south to the ACT and Victoria then go on a boat to Tasmania where the Evil team is causing trouble.

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
I'd love a tropical region next gen! Taking inspiration from South America.
Jungles, huge mountain/rock formations, giant falls, long rivers, villages (with little huts), beaches, and volcano islands would be a nice touch!
hoenn had the volcano/islands/beach feel, but add jungles and what not would make for a cooler region!

Terra Force

WarGreymon FTW!
I want to see a region loosely based of my home region of New England (Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Maine), and everyone's ideas are also good. Tropical regions would be great. Closest we had was Hoenn...

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
Dedenne the Electric Fairy Type said:
I'd love a tropical region next gen! Taking inspiration from South America.
Jungles, huge mountain/rock formations, giant falls, long rivers, villages (with little huts), beaches, and volcano islands would be a nice touch!
hoenn had the volcano/islands/beach feel, but add jungles and what not would make for a cooler region!

Some Pokémon that I would like to see in the future would be based off of:
- Flamingo
- Leopard
- a new type of tropical plant (like Victreebel)
- Mosquito
- I've always wanted a Toucan Pokémon (w/ 3-5 different forms that have different colors, maybe even different type combos based on their colors, w/ all being primary flying types)
- Wasp (I'm aware of Beedrill's existence, but it more resembles a bee, it's name and colors show)
- a human-like Pokémon that resembles a tropical tribal man
- a giant Legendary Pokémon that can blend into mountains/canyons

Axell Starr

I will set you ablaze now
- Leopard
- Mosquito
- I've always wanted a Toucan Pokémon (w/ 3-5 different forms that have different colors, maybe even different type combos based on their colors, w/ all being primary flying types)

We have Liepard. =p

I do like the mosquito pokemon idea. For some reason I imagine it to end up being cute. Really cute.

I just really like this bird idea. Kinda reminiscent on Burmey.

Can see it working with a sleek body like Kirlia, and having a grass skirt thing going on.

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
Axell Starr said:
- Leopard
- Mosquito

We have Liepard. =p

I do like the mosquito pokemon idea. For some reason I imagine it to end up being cute. Really cute.

I just really like this bird idea. Kinda reminiscent on Burmey.

Can see it working with a sleek body like Kirlia, and having a grass skirt thing going on.

I know we already have Liepard, but to me it's always resembled a big house cat with spots. I think a 'realer' fierce black leopard would be awesome! And it's pre evo would be so cute and cuddly!
Also just thought of a White Tiger, that would be a cool Pokémon!

King Koop

Aspiring Trainer
Instead of a new region, I'd like to see a Pokemon game set in a different time period. I think it would be fascinating to see Pokemon in a world with medieval-level society and technology.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
King Koop said:
Instead of a new region, I'd like to see a Pokemon game set in a different time period. I think it would be fascinating to see Pokemon in a world with medieval-level society and technology.

I'd love to see that, but I think it might do better as a spinoff.

Some ideas for the game:
-you're based in a medieval town with a castle; however you can go around throughout the land and catch Pokemon. I'd imagine there'd be a huge dark forest, a lake, and maybe a few smaller settlements and a few larger towns w/ castles
-instead of having one set journey as a trainer, you're initially a merchant, and then you can become either a medic, soldier, or train Pokemon for battles. All 3 are both available for either gender, but it's easier to become a soldier as a boy and a medic as a girl
-instead of catching a Pokemon, you need to find one and then try and convince the Pokemon it's worth staying with you
-instead of Gym battles, throughout the game there'd be attacks from the other towns; depending on your career choice you either attack with Pokemon upfront, heal Pokemon during battles or organize how the Pokemon attack
-when these attacks are won, you win the opponents castle, and then as you go through the ranks you get more towns; at the end you win the entire region
-however you would never actually become the king

of course the whole Pokemon battle thing wouldn't be graphic since it has to be kid friendly

edit: this could be a main series game, and then the other in the pair could be a futuristic based game. would still have a relatively similar storyline but set in the future. I'd actually like this to happen

Equinox

Stallwart Player
Make better post-first time beating the E4 events, instead of just small events, capturing legends, and completing your Pokedex.