Pokemon Ideas for a Paper-Based Pokemon RPG

RE: Paper Based Pokemon RPG

^I actually talked to the poster of this topic about PTA right after he posted it, to start giving him ideas for his own system. He was most appreciative!

...Not sure if this topic is still going or not, though. I think he's working on his game.

DNA said:
^I actually talked to the poster of this topic about PTA right after he posted it, to start giving him ideas for his own system. He was most appreciative!

...Not sure if this topic is still going or not, though. I think he's working on his game.
You play the tabletop correct???
Think i may make a page just about Rpg discussion

If I were you I would make it Mystery Dungeon because you pretty much can make all the encounters and other stuff easily. Pokemon trainer will be confusing.

ashtavakra said:
Meatheart said:
This sounds really really awesome. I can't wait for scans.
It'd be incredible if you could get their licensing and make some $$$ too!

That would be nice, but I'm not looking for that.
I would be happy if the game just got good reviews and people
just enjoyed playing frequently. and card shops began holding adventures.

here is 1 sneak peak at my idea.

So you will have a character sheet, for your character.
It will have your backpack, all the items/food/etc that you carry on your adventures.
It will give us small description of your human trainer, age, gender, height, weight, basic looks. (i also have a small box to add a photo for you artistic types). There will be a badge section where u can keep track of your badges etc.

There will be a pokedex sheet, where you keep track of your pokedex.
on the pokedex sheet will be a map, list of the pokemon (currently I only have Kanto region done so first 151 pokemon so far and its taken me over a months work on my free time between my 65+ hour work weeks (irl).

And lastly and most interesting, I will have a Pokemon sheet.
On the sheet it will have ALL the stats of your pokemon and for those in my adventure
I will reprint a new sheet with the new stats at the end of each time we get to play.
Just to name a few attack speed, agility, defense, blocking/shielding, etc etc etc.

NOW, an even more expansive and more enlightening thought.

** With these Trainer & Pokemon Sheets, if my game did perhaps take off.
Places IRL that hold pokemon TCG & VG leagues, could also hold leagues for
battling with these sheets (your pokemon you have trained in your adventures).
there could be battle arenas, special badges and honors you could obtain so on and so forth. so you could bring your binder of sheets virtually wherever you wanted and play people with the pokemon you have been training. :) does that make sense?

omahanime said:
I am curious about the battling.

the battling is easy.
higher attack speeds get's initiative/first action.
the attacking trainer announces the attack he wants his pokemon to do.
the defending trainer tells his pokemon what he wants it to do (dodge/block/absorb/counter...whatever).
based on die rolls and plus&minus modifiers i have charted in my book
it would determine if the attack was successful or if the defensive strategy was successful..
on your pokemon sheet you have a hit point number, i have a damage system
that when you tip your mark on your pokemon's hit points, it is ko'd.

i could go into more finer detail, but i just wanted you guys to get the general picture of that phase of the game. there is SOOO much fine detail, truly limited to your imagination.

Great idea, I have played paper Mario games and there great. It would be nice if you could go into more details and tell us when it's done. Don't worry I sometimes come up with random complex games. I like complexity.:)

Back